Have You Completely Lost Faith in Josh Allen?

Have you lost faith in Josh Allen?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Have you lost faith in Josh Allen

• Yes, he was not the right pick.
    • No, give him time.

I was one of the big supporters for Josh Allen.  I’d always preach that the Bills need to “give him time” and that they must have had some great reasons why they drafted him, despite the fact that much said historical and statistical evidence was against him turning out to be a great QB.

I have to say though, that after today I have lost the faith that Allen will ever be a great QB.  This is evidenced by the fact that that week-after-week he is not improving as a passer.  The majority of high “highlight” plays are when he tucks the ball and runs.  He continues to struggle with accuracy and he’s not completing long passes.  We also are seeing him bail on the pocket when he doesn’t need to.  He’s also taking a ton of sacks and not reading the field.  On top of this, he’s struggling to throw for 150 yards the entire game and today looked like it would have gone the same way had he not gotten injured.  

Call me crazy, but I think after 4 weeks, we should see some progress with him as a passer.  I honestly haven’t seen any progress.  In fact, you can make the argument that we’ve actually seen regression his his high point at Minnesota.

Yes the OL is not good (though there are many mediocre to bad OL’s in the NFL), and the WR’s might be the worst in the league.  Still, did anyone else notice that when Peterman came in for the first drive, he was able to find receivers?  He put together a drive that was probably more impressive than any drive Allen has QB’ed for weeks, maybe ever.  I’m not saying Peterman is better, because I don’t think he’s an NFL QB, but my point is with better QB play, we’d probably see a more productive offense.  

Obviously the overall talent on the offensive roster is bad will never be the “greatest show on turf,” but they shouldn’t be as pathetic as they have been.  Better QB play might actually win them 2 or maybe 3 more games this year. 

Beane and McDermott built a great defense.  But I also feel kind of disappointed because unfortunately I don’t think Allen will ever be the franchise QB we hoped he would be.  

So I wanted to reach out to the Bills Fam Base to see what you are thinking about Allen.  Does anyone else regrettably feel I do?  Or do you feel that he just needs more time and better experience?

NO

All young QB's have up and downs.  They don't track upward consistently as they play. 

Ask Carson Wentz and Jared Goff.  Carson Wentz looked awesome his first 6 games then slammed into a wall.  Jared Goff looked awful from the jump and never got better.  Now, today, Goff is looking a bit better, just a year after Wentz looked better.

Ask Derek Carr, who got a little better every year, then slumped.  Ask Ryan Tannehill who had really good 2nd and 3rd years and then slumped. Ask Cam Newton, whose second best year of his career may have been his rookie year.  

If you lost faith in Allen today, you don't understand young QB's.  If you gained faith after hating Allen because of the Minnesota game, you don't understand young QB's.

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

NO

All young QB's have up and downs.  They don't track upward consistently as they play. 

Ask Carson Wentz and Jared Goff.  Carson Wentz looked awesome his first 6 games then slammed into a wall.  Jared Goff looked awful from the jump and never got better.  Now, today, Goff is looking a bit better, just a year after Wentz looked better.

Ask Derek Carr, who got a little better every year, then slumped.  Ask Ryan Tannehill who had really good 2nd and 3rd years and then slumped. Ask Cam Newton, whose second best year of his career may have been his rookie year.  

If you lost faith in Allen today, you don't understand young QB's.  If you gained faith after hating Allen because of the Minnesota game, you don't understand young QB's.

Fair. Find the kid a real OC and if the HC is too stubborn to do it then find a new HC. 

A rookie in his 5th game with not much around him? :huh: Why is this even a question right now? People who say yes are mostly blinded by the hatred they had for him in the first place.