Mahomes and his offensive gameplan

TonyBeets

1 hour ago, TonyBeets said:

Look at how open his WRs are, he doesn't go through his reads because he doesn't have to.

His offense is incredibly designed.  They're babying him along.

Our OC should be taking notes.

He has amazing players on the field... 

I am so torn on this.  It seems like a chicken and egg deal.  If Allen was on the Chiefs would he be playing like Mahommes?  And vice versa?  It's tough.  Eyeball test though....Allen seems a tad skiddish and leaves or tries to leave the pocket too soon. Mahommes looks really good but who knows how much his supporting cast is responsible for...

He is alot of ways similar to Allen.  Allen is bigger, more athletic and has a stronger arm.  It's nearly impossible to accurately evaluate Allen.  Those that are doing so are not taking into account scheme, and his supporting cast.  The second is apparent the first one is lost on many.  Mcvay, Shannahan, Reid, and Mcdainiel design plays that beat defenses and coverages routinely.  The Qb in most cases is throwing to the primary wr.  Allen is not getting much of that.  The plays he is making are on him.  The mistakes have come down after GB.  That was the ying to the Minnestota yang.  I curious to see how he would handle that close game on the road down the stretch.  Those 2 passes to Benjamin were perfectly placed.  Hopefully, it's not serious.  It's not been pretty, but nothing about the Bill's offensive roster is.  Hes kinda just been winging it and still was able to beat 2 playoff teams.

2 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Andy Reid is an offensive genius. We dont have a single offensive mind on the Bills. 

A lot of things on the field are quite offsensive to suffer through as a fan

Allen isn't even in the same hemisphere, that's what an athletic QB with a big arm looks like.

I know he has better players around him, but Mahomes makes a lot of **** happen.  That throw to Hunt, dude was tracked as running 13mph while making that throw downfield, sick.  STUD!

3 hours ago, Luka said:

Funny how I make this argument all the time and get lambasted by people who don't understand football. Mahomes has everything he could possibly want or need to be successful. Explosive running back, a top 5 tight end, great wide receivers and an offensive genius/future Hall of Fame coach. 

He has those things, but if you’re arguing that Mahomes doesn’t have great talent you’d be wrong. You could put Nathan Peterman into that offense and he’d still be terrible. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He does remind me of RG3

In my opinion, he doesn't nearly rely upon his legs as much as RG3. I could be wrong. RG3, ran more, took more hits and was of slighter build than Mahomes.

I wasn't big on Mahomes, I laughed at KC for that trade up. I think I was probably wrong.

3 hours ago, TonyBeets said:

Look at how open his WRs are, he doesn't go through his reads because he doesn't have to.

His offense is incredibly designed.  They're babying him along.

Our OC should be taking notes.

All we need to do is get players like Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins(had him), Travis Kelce and Kareem Hunt...

Well we have McCoy but Hunt is 8 years younger...other than that we arent even in the same ballpark for offensive weapons with them.

Edited by matter2003

2 hours ago, zevo said:

Reminds me a lot of when bob griffin and kap came on the scene...then quickly faded

and Watson .

as much fun it is to have instant success , Allen might do better in the long run taking his lumps now.

Goff and Wentz didn't look great their first year.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

On 10/15/2018 at 12:13 AM, Boatdrinks said:

He has those things, but if you’re arguing that Mahomes doesn’t have great talent you’d be wrong. You could put Nathan Peterman into that offense and he’d still be terrible. 

Could you be any more hyperbolic? And no where did I say he wasn't talented.