Mahomes and his offensive gameplan

TonyBeets

1 minute ago, TonyBeets said:

Look at how open his WRs are, he doesn't go through his reads because he doesn't have to.

His offense is incredibly designed.  They're babying him along.

Our OC should be taking notes.

Andy Reid is an offensive genius. We dont have a single offensive mind on the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, TonyBeets said:

Look at how open his WRs are, he doesn't go through his reads because he doesn't have to.

Our OC would appear to be a schlub. 

33 minutes ago, TonyBeets said:

I think you aren’t underestimating the talent of Mahomes.  But yes, I think that Andy Aries has greatly helped out his development.  Then again, he might be one of the best HC to “coach up” QB’s in the NFL

Funny how I make this argument all the time and get lambasted by people who don't understand football. Mahomes has everything he could possibly want or need to be successful. Explosive running back, a top 5 tight end, great wide receivers and an offensive genius/future Hall of Fame coach. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, TonyBeets said:

Some would say that hill , hunt and kelce are better weapons that kb, zay and clay

38 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Andy Reid is an offensive genius. We dont have a single offensive mind on the Bills. 

Its cold in Buffalo, we just need to establish the run. Nothing much else to know about offense. 

1 hour ago, TonyBeets said:

Exactly. He's the product of a creative, intelligent and effective scheme, specifically tailored to his strengths. System QB right now but what a helluva system. Allen has the opposite But that changes next year, because we'll need very little on D and can add high end offensive talent with our cap space and draft. 

31 minutes ago, Luka said:

Funny how I make this argument all the time and get lambasted by people who don't understand football. Mahomes has everything he could possibly want or need to be successful. Explosive running back, a top 5 tight end, great wide receivers and an offensive genius/future Hall of Fame coach. 

If only we had such a clean slate last year to get a coach and offensive talent and a decent qb he could have sat behind if our pick was high enough to take him

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

If only we had such a clean slate last year to get a coach and offensive talent and a decent qb he could have sat behind if our pick was high enough to take him

Next year is the clean slate, which is why I won't give up on Allen this year. He needs to learn, he needs the reps. It's painful to watch sure. But Beane really has an opportunity this off season to completely remold the offense around him. We can only hope it goes well.

3 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Exactly what is the offensive gameplan for Mahomes ? He is constantly ad libbing . That’s not a sustainable style of play is it?

Reminds me a lot of when bob griffin and kap came on the scene...then quickly faded

5 minutes ago, Luka said:

Next year is the clean slate, which is why I won't give up on Allen this year. He needs to learn, he needs the reps. It's painful to watch sure. But Beane really has an opportunity this off season to completely remold the offense around him. We can only hope it goes well.

We chose to blow the team up this year in a way that certainly wasn’t required.

Last year easily could’ve been an offensive coach, literally any free agent Wr. I’ve been quietly saying to get a day 2 back in the draft for 2 years (so hunt or kamara paired with mccoy wouldn’t be crazy). I won’t pretend I was a mahomes guy but last year was a much better year for us to take a project (heck he might not even work long term why wait and then take a different major project)

sub kerley/Coleman/benjamin for 1 good wr

just keep dareus and spend stars money on an offensive lineman

we made many choices to create the team in this image and push success into the 4th year at this rate 

• Like (+1) 3