Biggest re-do of the offseason

Virgil

3 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

I've been touting this since pre-season. I was pissed we didn't take a shot at Teddy and let the Jets beat us to the punch twice with QB's this off-season. 

You could say they beat us to the punch thrice - McCown and Bridgewater are clearly better veteran bridge/mentor guys than McCarron turned out to be, and Darnold is miles ahead of Allen right now. 

There is not a Qb in the league outside of the superstars that could have succeeded on this team with this line, WR, TE, RB, and coaching. Veterans would have played better than Josh. Of course. But it would be by limited mistakes not making great plays to  good players. This offense man for man is awful. And the coaches are suspect. 

3 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Allen is not ready, yes, I would have sat him down for a couple years. That's just my opinion, you can disagree all you want I really don't care. This was Tyrods team, he ended the drought and McD in my mind screwed him. That's just how I see it. With Tyrod we'd be in the playoffs again this year. Sure he had his faults, but was the alternative better? Was it?

Short answer is, don’t know yet. Also, the talent drop off on the offensive side of the ball (Oline unexpected losses, WR attrition, new crappy OC) would’ve done Tyrod no favors this year either, and after a string of likely poor performances on top of what we all already knew about his limitations, and I’m sure most of TBD would be calling for Tyrod to be benched asap. I don’t remember Tyrod really being able to put his team on his shoulders if things weren’t good from the get go, so would the results so far really be all that different in terms of wins and losses?

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

There is not a Qb in the league outside of the superstars that could have succeeded on this team with this line, WR, TE, RB, and coaching. Veterans would have played better than Josh. Of course. But it would be by limited mistakes not making great plays to  good players. This offense man for man is awful. And the coaches are suspect. 

Honestly Allen didn't really hurt the team with his play he didn't have any interceptions and didn't really get sacked a lot. I think a more experienced QB would of seen and taken advantage of some opportunities Allen didn't. Kind of like Aaron Rodgers did to the Bills in the Green Bay game the Bill's defense was good in that one but he took just about everything they gave him.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I fix the offense and not the defense.

I love McBeane but getting a franchise QB with NO HELP was/is stupid.

I agree with you in principle IF that was the plan; but I don’t think they meant to let it come to this point—that’s where the roll call of unfortunate and unforeseen events on the offensive side come into play (oline losses that really rolled after the draft, KB acting like a scrub and Daboll sucking leads the list)

Virgil, no critique to the game yesterday?

What needed to be done in the off season and will not be done this offseason, is get a real football person

running the operation, because whatever good Beane and McDermott have done, they have failed to

evaluate talent, unless you think there is some psychological problem for having Peterman in a Bills uniform.

Like trying to satisfy their ego. Most people can't admit failure, and it sounded like more McDermott excuses after

the game, instead of him saying they just misjudged the roster, because boy did they ever. Not even a capable

punt returner on the field.

Trading Cordy deserves a mention.

My answer will be the same every off season as long as they're here. McDermott and Beane, aren't good. McDermott is a great defensive coach it looks like, I can't say anything good about Beane. He looks atrocious at this point. If I'm wrong, I'll own it. I just think the odds of that are definitely in my favor.

They'll get the heroes goodbye like Peterman... Nice guys, and some other bs. While most posters will still be taking shots at Tyrod and Whaley. Why they aren't good guys? Who knows, but it is never worth mentioning. 

27 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I agree with you in principle IF that was the plan; but I don’t think they meant to let it come to this point—that’s where the roll call of unfortunate and unforeseen events on the offensive side come into play (oline losses that really rolled after the draft, KB acting like a scrub and Daboll sucking leads the list)

At what point does unforeseen and unfortunate events result in them being inept?

I give them one pass, that's on Eric Wood. However, that happened in !@#$ing January. They had all off season to do something and they did this.

Sal Cappacio has been saying for months, well less now that we see the results, that Incognito was going to be cut or take a pay cut. He said they planned on going 2018 with out him.

They then traded Cordy because Dawkins looks solid. So? You can't have more than one good tackle on your roster? The line is their doing.

The Wr's, everyone knew they sucked last August. They've done nothing, absolutely nothing to address that. 

I don't think I have to say anything about the QB spot. McDermott looks like he has no idea what he is doing there for almost two years now. The fact Beane looks to be his equal in this regard is concerning.

This is not unforeseen and woe is me worthy, they've looked inept at their jobs. These aren't surprises, if it's surprising to them that's even more concerning.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

4 hours ago, transient said:

Why would you want there to be poor blocking for your UPS guy, who then fumbles your package after calling for a fair catch?

But you´d have to check the packaging tape first before definitively being able to determine if they were the cause of the poor blocking and fumble...

Hmm...what would I re-do? I haven't really given it much thought...?

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Draft the other Josh like I thought they were going to do.

5 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

We could have had that other Josh and a day 1 pick on the OL.  It's not that I don't like Allen I just don't think the ratio of talent to the price we paid to move to get him was worth it.  Especially since I don't see a QB guru on the staff.

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

AMEN!

1 hour ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Draft Rosen.

Hmmm you guys might be on to something here...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

You got that right.  

I agree with you, but Peterman is not the issue around here, as much as he doesn't belong in the league. 

Yes, quite possibly.  I have no doubt that a guy like McDimwit would be rubbed the wrong way by a guy like Josh Rosen precisely b/c he is a progressive, big city, critically thinking kind of guy.  I.E., the opposite of Peterman.  

With all due respect, you're insane.  No one is sitting a QB in today's NFL for 2 years of his cheap, entry level deal.  

The idea of dumping Tyrod for a newly drafted QB was rooted in the premise that with some development, the new QB would evolve to be much better than Tyrod, whose ceiling is relatively low and well established. 

The idea was sound, but the execution was not.  Allen was not the right guy to pick as we are all seeing now. 

I would be all over acquiring Bridgewater next year, along with drafting another QB too.

McDermott is learning. Culture and ‘buy in’ is important. I think or I hope McDermott has realized that at quarterback you need options who can throw the ball.

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

We traded Glenn away and Eric retired after the season , thought Ritchie was before the draft but don't remember when exactly, so that that's two out of three pro bowl caliber players that should have been replaced with quality players. They did with Dawkins but the right side was bad anyway so they should have went all out to upgrade the entire Oline besides Dawkins.

KB wasn't great last year so they should have worked on that and quite frankly the WRs were terrible last year and should have been addressed. I think they have too much loyalty to their players and it has burned them on offense. The plan should always be to surround the QB with talent first.

I'm not down on Dabol, I haven't agreed with all his calls however it takes time for coaches and players to get used to each other and he just have much to work with.

The reason we lost was turnovers , which accounted for all of their points save one drive which ended in a FG.