Where would this team be if AJM was the Day 1 starter?

Rebel101

I don't know.  Likely around the same.  The oline has been getting a bit better but not by a lot.  Receivers are still bottom of the barrel even if they make the occasional play.  AJM held the ball just as long as Allen.  Daboll just doesn't seem like a good coach to me.

Every year there's some team where fans say something like "Literally any other QB on an NFL roster would be better than the guy(s) we're playing." And usually these fans are wrong. But not this year in Buffalo!  Usually they underestimate how bad the backup situation is on most teams. But ... Tom Savage? Better. TJ Yates? Better. Brock Osweiler? Yeah, way better. Even guys who weren't on NFL rosters on opening day will be better, as we'll see with Derek Anderson next week I suspect. Not "good" - just better.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

1 minute ago, Augie said:

How good is this Oregon QB?

Just curious....

Can he play without a line or WR’s? Voodoo like? 

At this point, the "no line, no WRs" thing is getting old. We saw KB, Zay, Clay all make plays today. We saw problems with protection, but a reasonably effective running game ... in other words, fairly typical NFL O line breakdowns and overall mediocre play. We also saw truly awful QB play.

11 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

AJM was flat out terrible during his brief time in Buffalo.

Our record wouldn't be much different than it is now.  

Peterman looked good in practice and preseason. I am not sure why’s AJM didn’t look better. Maybe he didn’t gel with Daboll or McDermott. Going into the season without a proven winner at quarterback was a mistake. By winner all I mean is someone who has won a game and still has skill set to do so. Sounds like we may find out if Anderson still has the skills.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

At this point, the "no line, no WRs" thing is getting old. We saw KB, Zay, Clay all make plays today. We saw problems with protection, but a reasonably effective running game ... in other words, fairly typical NFL O line breakdowns and overall mediocre play. We also saw truly awful QB play.

You lost the point. We saw Zay continue to improve, and KB shocked by making some plays. I’m open to a new guy, if it makes sense. But trashing a new QB after playing 4-5 games is silly. He wasn’t my choice, and I’m open to better options, but I’m also open to Josh coming through and being the guy. it’s too soon to know anything for sure. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

AJM was flat out terrible during his brief time in Buffalo.

Our record wouldn't be much different than it is now.  

I don't disagree with either statement, but AJ may have lasted a bit longer then Peterman. Either way, I think Josh would've started today.

In hindsight, bringing in Bridgewater might have been the better play.

Water under the bridge, I'm less interested in what might have been than I am about what might be. Unfortunately it's easier to be negative than positive about whats to come right now.

1 hour ago, Rebel101 said:

I know it doesn’t matter. But since this board is all about speculation and it’s just fun to think what if. What are people’s opinions about where we’d be right now

Maybe Peterman would be working at Tops as a bag boy and we would have won the game today.