Why is McDermott so bland in press conferences?

Steptide

Maybe bland isn't the right word, but I couldn't think of a better word at the moment. Anyway, this is one of the worst losses in recent memories. I can't think of a recent game where the defense was so good and we lost. I'm sure it's happened, but I can't remember it. 

It's OK to be pissed coach. I'm sure he is, but it's not a bad thing to show it a little when talking to the media. Instead everything is "I thought we did some good things and some things we gotta work on". I get it, kinda. He's not gonna call out players in a pc, but dang it show some emotion occasionally 

Fans get pissed. Coaches do the Belichick. Be a big boy, move forward. 

3 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

It's just how it is.  He thinks that's how a HC is supposed to talk, so he talks that way.

Maybe what he thinks.....is RIGHT. 

It's the way the sport has evolved.  All coaches are like that nowadays.  Long gone are the days of Lombardi, Ditka, Jim Mora, Denny Green, and even our very own Marv Levy.  The sport was so much more entertaining when coaches weren't afraid to show emotion and call it like it was but nowadays everybody wants to play it safe. 

49 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Maybe bland isn't the right word, but I couldn't think of a better word at the moment. Anyway, this is one of the worst losses in recent memories. I can't think of a recent game where the defense was so good and we lost. I'm sure it's happened, but I can't remember it. 

It's OK to be pissed coach. I'm sure he is, but it's not a bad thing to show it a little when talking to the media. Instead everything is "I thought we did some good things and some things we gotta work on". I get it, kinda. He's not gonna call out players in a pc, but dang it show some emotion occasionally 

The Bills need to trade McD for Rex, and maybe get lucky and win tbe preseason again

Because.... who cares. They owe the media and fans nothing. Does Tim Cook have a press conference every week taking questions about why your iphone keeps locking up? No. Was he hired because of his oration skills? No. Just who cares. Everyone acts like answers = accountability as if he's accountable to YOU. He's not. So who cares.  

They don't want to say things without seeing he film.   They want to be correct and fair.  They do not want to rush to judgement on players, refs, etc. The on field view is not a great perspective to begin with. 

For every Rex type of blowhard there are a dozen coach like McDermott. 

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

He won't admit to the media that the team lacks talent and discipline.