Video of team walking back to locker room - Clearly frustrated Hughes Voices his opinion

JerseyBills
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Re-Opened for topical discussion of Hughes video and what he meant after I spent time that I won’t get back “taking out the trash.”

Anyone must bash one of our athletic trainers or mock him for being a dwarf, I feel certain you have other things to do, places to be.

It's a lil hard to understand exactly what Hughes says but I think this Twitter user nailed it-

He says“defense gave y’all every chance to win this game, get 7 sacks on em and we still run the same jet sweep since Monday night, where y’all sorry ass coaches at”

Just look at how demoralized that greatD looks. 7 sacks . 2 picks . 3 FF,1 recovery. Goal line stand...This one stung. Speak up Jerry , changes need to happen on O , this defense can't just go to waste like this

Edit - it's still not completely clear  , but to myself and a couple posters , it sounds like he's referring to Houston. 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 15
  • Thank you (+1) 2

He should be frustrated after how great he and his unit played.  They really only were responsible for six points.

Edit: I should have said three points.  Ray Ray's muff led to a TD, the blocked punt led to 3, and Peterman's int 7 points.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Their offence was pitiful before Peterman even came in though

I know, but Peterman is easily the most  obvious choice for sacrifice. I have to believe you know that, but want to bicker, or nitpick.

Edited by OJ Tom

I think he might have been referencing the Texans continually trying to run that Jet sweep they ran Monday Night (though it was actually Sunday night I think wasn't it when they played Dallas?) 

But maybe I am wrong. He could have been talking about the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 2

The Bills are a QB away from being a really good team.

If they could find someone who could throw for 200 yards a week and take care of the football, they'd probably challenge for a playoff spot this year. 

It's got to be demoralizing to be a defender on this team. They're doing their job only to be kicked in the gut by an offense that can't score. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Leonhart2017 said:

He is not wrong. The defense did everything to win this game. Offense and special teams did everything to gift wrap this to the Texans.

They played lights out most of the game.

They also allowed a 90 yard drive to tie the game. Stop that drive and the Bills likely win even with the most putrid offense Ive ever seen.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, COTC said:

Fire Dabol and cut pick6 asap!!

Daboll clearly wasn't ready to take the NFL leap. Try to salvage this season. We can be in every game with this D. A bold move needs to be made immediately to let the team know that this type of offensive production is unacceptable.

• Like (+1) 2

No offense to Hughes, he IS right on the surface, but he has to also remember the D-unit is GOING to be better because of the money/attention the front office spent on it.  What does he expect from an offense that has as little talent/money spent on it. Of COURSE the D is going to be better, they have higher picks/higher drafted/more expensive players on it.  Its a team, O and D are both responsible.

Just now, MDH said:

They played lights out most of the game.

They also allowed a 90 yard drive to tie the game. Stop that drive and the Bills likely win even with the most putrid offense Ive ever seen.

Very true. They did hold it to 3 and had a strip sack slip through Hughes hand but ya they had an opportunity to close that game out

10 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Their offence was pitiful before Peterman even came in though

Peterman should have never been on the depth chart to begin with. The fact that were discussing him at all is a huge knock on this staff.

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 1