Video of team walking back to locker room - Clearly frustrated Hughes Voices his opinion

JerseyBills
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Re-Opened for topical discussion of Hughes video and what he meant after I spent time that I won’t get back “taking out the trash.”

Anyone must bash one of our athletic trainers or mock him for being a dwarf, I feel certain you have other things to do, places to be.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don’t think Jerry is saying “we still run” I think he’s saying “they still run”.  

Since Monday night wouldn’t make sense when talking about the Bills, since we weren’t playing on Monday night.

But the Texans were, and the Texans ran the same jet sweep numerous times against Cowboys.  

I think Hughes was commenting on his own area of expertise, defensive play calling. 

Plus I’m pretty sure the Bills aren’t innovative enough to run that newfangled “jet sweep”

poor Jerry. Defense was lights out and stuck with the go nowhere O. 

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don’t think Jerry is saying “we still run” I think he’s saying “they still run”.  

Since Monday night wouldn’t make sense when talking about the Bills, since we weren’t playing on Monday night.

But the Texans were, and the Texans ran the same jet sweep numerous times against Cowboys.  

I think Hughes was commenting on his own area of expertise, defensive play calling. 

Makes sense I mean the offense basically was playing like they did last week until Peterman came in and started giving gifts.

5 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Yeah I listened to it a few times now I think Jerry is just laughing at the Texans offense.

That said, i don’t think this Bills’ defense is made up of the type of guys that would revolt, but I can’t say I’d blame them if they did. 

Ya I think McD has full control and the right leadership on D. They won't quit. A win @ Indy and we're 3-4 ,with 6 of 9 at home , not ideal , but we're 7-3 at home in last 10 and we have cwgat looks like a championship level defense

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Plus I’m pretty sure the Bills aren’t innovative enough to run that newfangled “jet sweep”

poor Jerry. Defense was lights out and stuck with the go nowhere O. 

Oh no Daboll tries to run that type of stuff. We just always F it up or get it called back.

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

Oh no Daboll tries to run that type of stuff. We just always F it up or get it called back.

I've never heard so many illegal formations in a season than we have in 6 games, unacceptable. Many of them took away big yardage

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Ya I think McD has full control and the right leadership on D. They won't quit. A win @ Indy and we're 3-4 ,with 6 of 9 at home , not ideal , but we're 7-3 at home in last 10 and we have cwgat looks like a championship level defense

Yes - another elite defense that’s going to be completely wasted this season. How many times has that happened in the last, oh, 10 or 12 years or so? 3, 4? It’s enough. I’ve seen this show already. I’d rather see something close to a modern NFL offense with a sieve for a defense. At least the games would be interesting.

9 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Yeah I listened to it a few times now I think Jerry is just laughing at the Texans offense.

That said, i don’t think this Bills’ defense is made up of the type of guys that would revolt, but I can’t say I’d blame them if they did. 

As you alluded to,  he was referring to Houston and their questionable play calling that resulted in Watson getting badly beat up for the second game in a row. 

• Like (+1) 1

And yet the sickening thing is without Peterman they probably win. Allen is no world beater but he can lead the team to a FG. :(

It's kind of amazing that after one of if not the worst games in history, he plays opening day one of the worst halves in history (no first downs) and then comes back the next time to throw one of the worst passes in history. It was really that bad. Stared him down. Threw it weak. A four yard pass was intercepted on the run for a pick six late in a tie game. Hard to think of a worse one. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

It's kind of amazing that after one of if not the worst games in history, he plays opening day one of the worst halves in history (no first downs) and then comes back the next time to throw one of the worst passes in history. It was really that bad. Stared him down. Threw it weak. A four yard pass was intercepted on the run for a pick six late in a tie game. Hard to think of a worse one. 

I think he has the yips and should never play again for the Bills. The Bills know this. But they were about a week too late in signing a different backup. Bad luck that Allen got hurt this week. 

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

The Bills are a QB away from being a really good team.

If they could find someone who could throw for 200 yards a week and take care of the football, they'd probably challenge for a playoff spot this year. 

It's got to be demoralizing to be a defender on this team. They're doing their job only to be kicked in the gut by an offense that can't score. 

Pro, we had that in Tyrod Taylor. Yeah, we might make the playoffs once in a while, but it won't sustain success. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Hard to believe someone would top the EJ pick 6 to JJ Watt in Houston, but here we are...

Just now, Watkins90 said:

Pro, we had that in Tyrod Taylor. Yeah, we might make the playoffs once in a while, but it won't sustain success. 

Sure, but that wouldn't have stopped us from having a guy with upside on the bench.

Going into this season with just Allen and Peterman on the roster has been a colossal disaster. 

Neither guy should have been on the field without an injury forcing them there. 

I think he has the yips and should never play again for the Bills. The Bills know this. But they were about a week too late in signing a different backup. Bad luck that Allen got hurt this week. 

He’s Trent Edwards writ large, just the timing was different. 5 first half picks/one monstrous Adrian Wilson hit - causes are different, outcome the same.

1 minute ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Hard to believe someone would top the EJ pick 6 to JJ Watt in Houston, but here we are...

Just bthe fact of how easy it was for them to fool him and get a pick 6 at such a crucial moment is infuriating and mind bending that Daboll would even dial that up with Peterman. I was expecting a draw or run to Shady, I would have been okay with OT . Peterman is a pick machine, I hated the call too