Video of team walking back to locker room - Clearly frustrated Hughes Voices his opinion

JerseyBills
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Re-Opened for topical discussion of Hughes video and what he meant after I spent time that I won’t get back “taking out the trash.”

Anyone must bash one of our athletic trainers or mock him for being a dwarf, I feel certain you have other things to do, places to be.

Daboll does deserve to be fired. The offense could not be worse.

I'd also cut half the receivers and bring in the camp guys who were fighting for spots.

I'd also sit some of the offensive linemen and let their backups start, like Teller and McDermott.

They need to make some decisive moves. They don't even have to be the right moves. They just need to show that they are trying.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I didn't think it was bad.

And I can't because Allen would often take off running if his first read wasn't there.

It's funny because Allen makes a lot of mistakes for a raw rookie and it's inarguable. But to me it's amazing that this raw rookie gets to his third option so often. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Shut up Jerry , keep that stuff in private conversation with the coaches.

All that does is tear the team apart .

You know what. Let him talk. They are sorry ass coaches on offense and something needs to change ASAP.

Daboll has failed as an OC 4 times now. NCAA is not the NFL. He is out of his league. I wanted to like him because he went to St. Francis HS, but enough is enough. He better trot Anderson out there and show that he is capable of running the show. Allen should take a few weeks off to heal. If the offense doesn't show some improvement then fire him.

Peterman should be cut tomorrow. If they think he has anything, put him on the PS. No one will claim him.

KB needs to be benched or cut. Ray Ray should be cut and put on the PS if they think he has anything. 

They need to sign a WR this week. 

End of rant.

10 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Not sure Jerry knew he was being recorded. I don’t think it’s wrong but the time and delivery isn’t exactly right. I like seeing the passion. That’s a good thing.

Fans shouldn't be in that proximity right after a heated ball game where they can record(or even see it themselves for that matter) the emotions and things players are saying immediately after a rough loss.  It's a very emotional and passionate game.  Things get said in the heat of the moment that are raw human emotion that players would probably like to take back once they have some time to regain composure.  Just my opinion.  

• Like (+1) 2

Last week they threw a WR screen to Ray Ray and it was one of the best plays of the whole game. Iirc it was only the second time they did it all season although there may have been more. The only one I recall was to Andre Homes for crissakes.  Today they didn't do it once while Josh was in. They threw one to Zay when Nate came in and it was an easy 6-7 yard gain. Makes no sense you wouldn't do that with a guy like Josh. 

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Last week they threw a WR screen to Ray Ray and it was one of the best plays of the whole game. Iirc it was only the second time they did it all season although there may have been more. The only one I recall was to Andre Homes for crissakes.  Today they didn't do it once while Josh was in. They threw one to Zay when Nate came in and it was an easy 6-7 yard gain. Makes no sense you wouldn't do that with a guy like Josh. 

Pretty sure Josh did throw that quick screen to RayRay early in the game today.  He was tripped up for like a 2 yd gain. 

2 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

You know what. Let him talk. They are sorry ass coaches on offense and something needs to change ASAP.

Daboll has failed as an OC 4 times now. NCAA is not the NFL. He is out of his league. I wanted to like him because he went to St. Francis HS, but enough is enough. He better trot Anderson out there and show that he is capable of running the show. Allen should take a few weeks off to heal. If the offense doesn't show some improvement then fire him.

Peterman should be cut tomorrow. If they think he has anything, put him on the PS. No one will claim him.

KB needs to be benched or cut. Ray Ray should be cut and put on the PS if they think he has anything. 

They need to sign a WR this week. 

End of rant.

Not happening, this offense needs talent and when that happens Dabol will suddenly will be a genius.

I'm not frustrated. I was hoping for better but I'm not surprised. I knew the defense would be good and the offense was not established at all. 

I don't see a difference from last season. The defense is lights out most of the time and the offense is a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.

I didn't want Josh to start this season and he is already taking a beating. I was cool with AJMcarron or Peterman taking the beating during the down season of the build. 

The offense isn't just bad, it has gone beyond what bad looks like. Its almost like the Bills don't even have an offence at all. They really don't. 

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

It's a lil hard to understand exactly what Hughes says but I think this Twitter user nailed it-

He says“defense gave y’all every chance to win this game, get 7 sacks on em and we still run the same jet sweep since Monday night, where y’all sorry ass coaches at”

Just look at how demoralized that greatD looks. 7 sacks . 2 picks . 3 FF,1 recovery. Goal line stand...This one stung. Speak up Jerry , changes need to happen on O , this defense can't just go to waste like this

I don’t think Jerry is saying “we still run” I think he’s saying “they still run”.  

Since Monday night wouldn’t make sense when talking about the Bills, since we weren’t playing on Monday night.

But the Texans were, and the Texans ran the same jet sweep numerous times against Cowboys.  

I think Hughes was commenting on his own area of expertise, defensive play calling. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don’t think Jerry is saying “we still run” I think he’s saying “they still run”.  

Since Monday night wouldn’t make sense when talking about the Bills, since we weren’t playing on Monday night.

But the Texans were, and the Texans ran the same jet sweep numerous times against Cowboys.  

I think Hughes was commenting on his own area of expertise, defensive play calling. 

I think you're right. I went off a Twitter user who had ppl agreeing with him. Hearing it back it does sound like he's referring to Hou. That little jet sweep type pass they ran on the goal line was blown up , announcer even said they ran that Sun Night vs Dallas.

Good catch

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah I listened to it a few times now I think Jerry is just laughing at the Texans offense.

That said, i don’t think this Bills’ defense is made up of the type of guys that would revolt, but I can’t say I’d blame them if they did. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

With that said, you can see the frustration in most the defense. 30 , is that Lacey, hanging his head. Edmunds hanging his head. Poyer looking angry clutching his helmet. Hyde looks disinterested. Gaines bangs the wall. This one stung and will be a gut check