Video of team walking back to locker room - Clearly frustrated Hughes Voices his opinion

JerseyBills
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Re-Opened for topical discussion of Hughes video and what he meant after I spent time that I won’t get back “taking out the trash.”

Anyone must bash one of our athletic trainers or mock him for being a dwarf, I feel certain you have other things to do, places to be.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

How do you figure the line isnt doing a solid job when he has time? It was more than 3 to 4 plays. His average time to throw was among the highest in the league today. 

I'm talking pass blocking for Allen. Not run blocking. 

Average time to throw is stupid. He gets rushed immediately on an extraordinary amount of plays. He roles out and scrambles all the time, not because of good blocking. He rarely has all day. We think three seconds is all day.  You watch other games and QBs almost always have legit all days. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Average time to throw is stupid. He gets rushed immediately on an extraordinary amount of plays. He roles out and scrambles all the time, not because of good blocking. He rarely has all day. We think three seconds is all day.  You watch other games and QBs almost always have legit all days. 

the OL is also running very simple blockign schemes that generally fail to pick up blitzing rushers, stunts, and other more complicated issues.

i am waiting for a team to discover the option to do a cornerback blitz on us and it would wreck allen and a game.

4 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

We didn’t run any.

Giant shocker! ?

But Hughes said he hates the Bills because they only ran sweeps since last Monday.  Follow the money, it doesn’t add up...

2 hours ago, COTC said:

I cant blame hughes.  I'm pretty sure everyone on that defense is thinking the exact samething... he just said it.  Defense played above and beyond today..and again our offense was embarrassing.  Hopefully they can do alot in one off season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Peterman should have never been on the depth chart to begin with. The fact that were discussing him at all is a huge knock on this staff.

Oh I agree. He’s awful. I’m just saying it’s not Petermans fault they lost today. They were awful even before he came in 

49 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

It's a lil hard to understand exactly what Hughes says but I think this Twitter user nailed it-

He says“defense gave y’all every chance to win this game, get 7 sacks on em and we still run the same jet sweep since Monday night, where y’all sorry ass coaches at”

Just look at how demoralized that greatD looks. 7 sacks . 2 picks . 3 FF,1 recovery. Goal line stand...This one stung. Speak up Jerry , changes need to happen on O , this defense can't just go to waste like this

but it's a process....we have cap space and draft picks next year............wasting a playoff defense for the 2nd year in a row...every team in the league but the Bills move the ball...

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

I saw it. What's your point? 

A QB got hit a little after he threw the ball. Is this new?

You said pass blocking wasnt all that bad, yet when Josh did a standard QB drop he got clobbered - what was hard to understand about that?

meanwhile watch games all over the league and QB's get several plays a drive where QB is standing there for much longer and still untouched..

2 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Giant shocker! ?

But Hughes said he hates the Bills because they only ran sweeps since last Monday.  Follow the money, it doesn’t add up...

He may have been speaking on Houston coaching. It's a bit hard to interpret. That's not 100% that he said that exactly. If anyone can clearly decipher , please feel free

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

It's a lil hard to understand exactly what Hughes says but I think this Twitter user nailed it-

He says“defense gave y’all every chance to win this game, get 7 sacks on em and we still run the same jet sweep since Monday night, where y’all sorry ass coaches at”

Just look at how demoralized that greatD looks. 7 sacks . 2 picks . 3 FF,1 recovery. Goal line stand...This one stung. Speak up Jerry , changes need to happen on O , this defense can't just go to waste like this

Shut up Jerry , keep that stuff in private conversation with the coaches.

All that does is tear the team apart .

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

On one play? 

I thought Allen had time to throw on plenty of occasions today. 

No... on most plays, which is why the original poster you responded to was talking about how Allen is forced to scrambled because the protection does not hold up like lines for most other teams. You said pass blocking was fine. I cant think of too many 5 step drop backs without Allen running for his life or getting hit. can you?

Good for Jerry, this is on the offense and the staff, both wins the Defense has given the Offense great position all game long, and then again today but we don't have a QB so there's that....

At this point with the Dolphins and Pats not running away with things yet, I'd get a real former starting vet in (Anderson is a clip board coach), perfect timing to sit Allen use the injury for the excuse and put in someone who can do something. Allen may not even be ready next year to start which is fine, but we can't have Anderson and Peterman on the field. Cut Peterman call Cutler for all I care...someone...