Video of team walking back to locker room - Clearly frustrated Hughes Voices his opinion

JerseyBills
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Re-Opened for topical discussion of Hughes video and what he meant after I spent time that I won’t get back “taking out the trash.”

Anyone must bash one of our athletic trainers or mock him for being a dwarf, I feel certain you have other things to do, places to be.

Just now, Fixxxer said:

He should be frustrated, Kyle and Lorax set the tone for a very physical beating we put on the Texans. The defense was amazing today. 

So true.  It’s actually refreshing to hear him say it out loud.

The D performance was Great today.  It’s a shame that goal line stand will be forgotten.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

Peterman should have never been on the depth chart to begin with. The fact that were discussing him is a huge black eye to this staff.

AJ Mccarron should have been in there for sure. He got all those first team reps only to be immediately traded. He'd be such an upgrade right now. Peterman is your CLASSIC QB who looks great in practice and pre season but cannot take the magnitude of a real ,live game. Coaches were fooled and are fools for not recognizing this , and I'm a very big McD fan, just calling a spade a spade

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Did he say something about running the same jet sweep all game? 

Since Monday he says

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Did he say something about running the same jet sweep all game? 

I think the Texans ran it last Monday against Dallas multiple times and tried it against us by the goal line.  I don’t believe we ran any today but I could be wrong.  Not sure what he means though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Daboll clearly wasn't ready to take the NFL leap. Try to salvage this season. We can be in every game with this D. A bold move needs to be made immediately to let the team know that this type of offensive production is unacceptable.

You are evidently clueless that has was just on Alabama team for one year and was coaching NFL before.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he might have been referencing the Texans continually trying to run that Jet sweep they ran Monday Night (though it was actually Sunday night I think wasn't it when they played Dallas?) 

But maybe I am wrong. He could have been talking about the Bills. 

Too logical of a conclusion - I mean we did continually run jet sweeps today...right?

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm sure he cares about all that.

The Bills offense is unbelievably bad because the QBs are that bad.

Shouldve stuck with a capable veteran QB like Tyrod or McCarron. Beane jumped the gun.

I don't think so. The line is bad. The receivers are really bad. The TEs are fair. The coaching is awful. We get some running but not because we get huge holes. In fact, our running game sucks. The QBs have been bad but if you put a good QB in this team I think you still suck. If you put a Josh on even the Texans with Hopkins and Fuller and Miller and OBrien the coach (who is good with QBs but not sure a good coach), Josh would be playing way better IMO. 

He was better than Watson today. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Domdab99 said:

who's the dwarf walking in front of Allen? 

he has been on our training staff for a very long time and highly regarded for his abilities.

mod edit: name is Chris Fischetti, certified athletic trainer and correct, highly regarded

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
Reasonable question reasonable answer
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

You are evidently clueless that has was just on Alabama team for one year and was coaching NFL before.

Yes , but when was his last OC job? How did that turn out for him? We thought he reinvented himself in NE and Alabama, like I said, clearly he wasn't ready to make that jump to OC, just like he wasn't in his previous OC tenures. 

Who's the clueless one?!? Why the name calling too? Lil Angry there buddy?

It’s not right.

it’s not right.

it’s not right that Beane and McD let this offense (and trust me, they let it) get so infuriatingly bad.  Some of these defensive players’ great efforts are being spoiled and some of the best years of their careers are becoming meaningless in the face of an offense that can’t even meet them a quarter of the way.

...how depressing it must be for them.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I don't disagree.

There line was competent the last few weeks and Allen still looks lost. 

I agree the receivers are bad and so is the coaching. Again, that goes back to McDermott and Beane

It wasn't though. It's still terrible. Just because Shady or Ivory make some good runs doesn't mean the line is doing well. Most runs in every game there is zero room. When Josh has a lot of time on 3-4 plays we think that is good blocking when it's not. He gets one second a lot of time. It's also true that like Tyrod he will bail early. But we are NOT getting good blocking on those plays. At all. He does hold the ball too long but so many times you see he is looking at 2-3 guys and there is NO ONE open. The incomplete in the endzone today to Zay was a good example. 

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Did we?

Guessing not, since we can’t and don’t run sweeps.

(though since I’m in Italy an couldn’t watch, I’m waiting for someone that actually watched AND understands football to chime in - a lot to ask for on TBD after a loss, I know?)

1 minute ago, Heitz said:

Guessing not, since we can’t and don’t run sweeps.

(though since I’m in Italy an couldn’t watch, I’m waiting for someone that actually watched AND understands football to chime in - a lot to ask for on TBD after a loss, I know?)

We didn’t run any.