Have to feel a little bad for the late Aaron Hernandez

Happy

19 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I might be crazy but I feel some compassion towards the kid living through physical and sexual abuse even if I don’t think that lets the adult off the hook for the murders. 

The word “excuse” has come up a lot. There is a never an excuse for murder, but there may be an explanation which helps to explain the tragedy, for EVERYBODY. Nobody would condone his actions, and he deserves the punishment he got, but I won’t presume to play the ultimate Judge on this. This is just sad in every possible way. 

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

The word “excuse” has come up a lot. There is a never an excuse for murder, but there may be an explanation which helps to explain the tragedy, for EVERYBODY. Nobody would condone his actions, and he deserves the punishment he got, but I won’t presume to play the ultimate Judge on this. This is just sad in every possible way. 

Life is a complicated and sometimes ugly thing. Childhood sexual abuse can literally have major effects on how someone’s brain forms. It doesn’t excuse murder by any means but it could certainly fill in the confusion many had to the “why?” an nfl player with the world at his fingertips ran off the rails.

Damage to the developing brain, plus terrible social structures creates an easy path into self medication... pair it all up with heavy doses of enabling and suddenly a 6’6 beast with poor brain regulation and a drug habit is surrounded with people chirping bad ideas in his ear and no accountability... anywhere along the way he could’ve stepped out of the cycle and he has to own his outcomes.... but things like finding out about abuse as a child certainly helps fill in some of the gaps of how thestory came together 

feel bad for the child, hold the man accountable and support the many victims left in his wake to help avoid future rounds of similar stories starting to be written 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Can't someone both (a) feel bad that horrible things were done to him and (b) believe that he is still responsible for his own actions?

I mean that rhetorically; that's actually exactly how I feel.

A. Yes, one can 

B. Yes, one can

C. However, usually when someone gives another a pass, or makes excuses for someone they aren’t guilty of murder or other terrible things. It’s not like he was dead broke and needed money and robbed a liquor store or stole a car or something. He murdered someone execution style and hid his crime. All while being a millionaire who had everything that anyone could want. He ruined multiple peoples lives including his own. 

Im happy he’s dead. I hope he suffered when he went. Too bad he didn’t do it sooner. 

Sorry, dont feel bad at all. 

It sticks for him what he had to go through as a child, but we all have to make a choice to either sink to that level or use it to build yourself up from. He had the chance because of his abilities to play in the NFL and be set financially for life. He could have used his experiences to help others by using his position in the NFL to make others aware of abuse and that you can over come it. 

Instead be sunk to the criminal level and decided he would be a scum bag criminal and try to be some tough guy kingpin/drug lord. He didnt need the money, his NFL career gave him the chance to have millions legally.

By doing the things he did he wiped out any kind of sympathy that anyone should have for someone who had gone through what he did as a child.

4 minutes ago, Degenerate Mike in HHDS said:

Do you feel bad for Charlie Manson too?

What made him so horribly sick? I don’t have an answer, only more questions.

I’m glad he got the punishment he did, and the rest of us were protected.