Week 7: Colts Game Preparation - Josh Allen and Taiwan Jones Out with All Others Ready to Play on Sunday; TY Hilton Back with Ryan Grant Out

19 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Forget about losing the locker room.  If Mickey D's starts PeterPan again he has officially lost his mind.

The Bills fans booing Peterman when he takes the field against the Pats* in front of the whole country will be horrible.

If Beane is not talking trade and/or investigating all possible avenues then he's lost his mind too.

Colts Quick Scouting Report: Week 7 Vs. Buffalo Bills

r9jy9gi4smr44hodcmpg.jpg

Jake Arthur - COLTS.COM CONTRIBUTOR

INDIANAPOLIS — This week, the Indianapolis Colts (1-5) get a revenge game of sorts against the visiting Buffalo Bills (2-4).

Last year, the two teams played in Week 14 in what could have been considered a favorable matchup for Indy going into the game. However, the weather had different plans, dumping a comforter of snow on the Orchard Park, N.Y., area, and the Bills escaped with a 13-7 overtime win.

It wasn't the first time the Colts have lost a late-season game in the snow in Buffalo either, as they fell, 30-7, in Week 17 of the 2009 season to the trio of Ryan Fitzpatrick, Fred Jackson and Terrell Owens.

This week the conditions will be more accommodating as the game will be played in the temperature-controlled environment of Lucas Oil Stadium.

ivql5udwuoqwp7obsp3a.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS — The Indianapolis Colts on Sunday play host to the Buffalo Bills for their 2018 Week 7 matchup at Lucas Oil Stadium — and, accordingly, it’s time to look at the team’s unofficial depth chart for the game.

Here is a look at the Colts’ unofficial depth chart for the Bills game, with some notes for each unit:

3 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Having been a Bills fan for this long I should not be surprised about this absurd situation the organization finds itself in but yet when they brought in these guys last year I really thought they had a turned a corner. Finally a competent coach and a solid GM who will wisely guide this team for the next decade. Then came the Chargers game last year. I had serious doubts after that about Beane and McD's ability to evaluate talent and their lack of a plan B and even their sanity. The only thing that slightly evened out my doubts was breaking the drought and getting into the playoffs. Everything that has happened this year just gets me right back to the way I felt after the Chargers game. I have lost all faith in Beane and McD to actually figure anything out going forward. They bungled the McCarron situation, they still have Peterman on the team (for no sane reason). They completely failed to provide a mentor to Allen. They are playing Allen with a terrible O Line (which was likely to get him hurt and surprise, it did), they have given him no weapons to help on offense.  Then they bring in an old journeyman QB Anderson to do what exactly? Play? not play? Mentor Allen?  and their excuse for Peterman still being on the team after his horrendous career here? Well Nate knows the offense, Nate's a good Christian boy? Seriously??? That is it?? A situation that is so unbelievably preposterous that could only happen here (or perhaps in Cleveland). Just shaking my head. 

The denial most Bills fans are perpetually in would be hilarious, if it wasn't sad.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The Bills fans booing Peterman when he takes the field against the Pats* in front of the whole country will be horrible.

If Beane is not talking trade and/or investigating all possible avenues then he's lost his mind too.

I thought about that.  That alone should be the reason to not just sit him, cut him.  It doesn't matter if he starts or comes in because of injury.

10 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Is it too late to trade for Chad Kelly? 

Denver fans love him here in Colorado.

Seriously got to look at Paxton Lynch too.

He's bad but not Peterman bad.

Beane has to prepare for the worse with the JA injury and that does not have Nate Peterman as an answer.

Anderson could start and be very bad.............he hasn't played in a long time and was not even in a training camp.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I thought about that.  That alone should be the reason to not just sit him, cut him.  It doesn't matter if he starts or comes in because of injury.

I know Royale, what is McDermott and Beane thinking.

It would be an embarrassment for the Pegula's.

Cut him and sign Lynch now (this week) if there is no other choice.

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

With Allen out and Peterman possibly starting, the line has stabilized at around 7.5.

Most times when a starting QB is out, the line will be off the board.

Considering the possibility that Nathan freaking Peterman may actually start, Vegas doesn't think much of Josh Allen.

Lots of folks don't.

1 hour ago, Cash said:

Keep that anecdote in mind the next time it looks like the Bills are doing something dumb, and the True Billievers come in with, "these are NFL coaches and they know more about football than you!!"  

Best part was when he went on and said:

"When we were really struggling on offense early last year, we had a meeting with Sean McDermott, our offensive coaches, LeSean McCoy and me. We tried to figure out what we wanted our offensive identity to be moving forward.

Offensive coordinator Rick Dennison brought in this wide zone running scheme, and we weren’t comfortable with it yet. We’d been so successful running the ball the previous two years that we wanted to get back to our old style while still trying to embrace the new concepts Rick was bringing to the table.

We needed to meet halfway, and, shoot, we made a run to the playoffs.

Critical at tricky moments like these: Teammates cannot say anything publicly to condemn anyone else on the team." 

Coaches and GMs make stupid decisions all the time. They should be questioned....

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/14/2018 at 3:14 PM, SCBills said:

Pretty much do or die in regards to staying in the playoff race.  

Cannot go into the New England game 2-5. 

Get to 3-4 and pray for a Monday Night Miracle. 

Your optimism is adorable. Our 2018 Buffalo Bills have a better chance of seeing God than making the playoffs.

????????

8 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

Your optimism is adorable. Our 2018 Buffalo Bills have a better chance of seeing God than making the playoffs.

????????

I’ve never understood why people would rather be right than just root for their team.  Will we make the playoffs this year?.. prob not.  Will I still root for that, yup.  

Being critical is one thing. I’m plenty critical of them, but the whole “What a nerd, still rooting for playoffs” thing is super weird.  It’s just a messageboard, you don’t get cool points to redeem in real life for calling a high draft pick correctly. ??‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2