Week 7: Colts Game Preparation - Josh Allen and Taiwan Jones Out with All Others Ready to Play on Sunday; TY Hilton Back with Ryan Grant Out

11 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Vic Carucci said in the WGRZ video that McCarron wanted out after learning he'd start the season as a Bills' backup as I suspected.

and the GM should say, tough crap, we are paying you. Get your butt back to practice.

51 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There's nothing safe about Nathan Peterman playing QB for the Bills as he's proven each time he's played and you have no idea of Anderson's readiness.   He's familiar with basic concepts that Daboll believes in from their time together in Cleveland.  

He's one of 2 healthy QB's on the team, the other being Peterman, I don't think many would be shocked if he started.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Agreed. I have stayed firmly in McDermott's corner so far. If he starts Peterman on Sunday then for the very first time I will start to lose some faith.

How good do you feel about Anderson? this is an unforgivable situation to be in.

40 minutes ago, In Nate We Trust said:

Who cares about concepts. He is physically not ready to play. This isn't getting ready to play a game in the backyard. This guy probably shouldn't be getting on the field until after the bye. He is going to get himself killed out there. Nate Peterman will wind up finishing this game. There is no way a 35 year old guy who was sitting on his couch for 6 months is going to be able to take playing in an NFL game. He needs at minimum another week, and likely another 3 or 4 weeks.

Vinny Testaverde was 43 years old and sitting on the couch when the Panthers called.  He got there on October 10th and started the next game on October 14th.  They won the game 25-10 and threw a 65 yard TD pass.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Vinny Testaverde was 43 years old and sitting on the couch when the Panthers called.  He got there on October 10th and started the next game on October 14th.  They won the game 25-10 and threw a 65 yard TD pass.

You're trying to reason with someone who wants to rationalize why Peterman should to play no matter what. 

On 10/15/2018 at 11:34 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Agreed. I have stayed firmly in McDermott's corner so far. If he starts Peterman on Sunday then for the very first time I will start to lose some faith.

That's where I am.  There is absolutely no justifiable excuse to put Peterman on the field for meaningful regular season snaps.  I don't care if Anderson has been "sitting on his couch" for six months -- he's a veteran and can manage the game until Allen is ready to return.  In the meantime, I hope Beane is burning up phone lines...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, In Nate We Trust said:

Such nonsense. Testaverde was in camp with the Patriots a few weeks before being cut in September. He was in football shape. Anderson was doing nothing for the last 8 months. And Testeverde was actually a good quarterback. Anderson is not.

Dude, no offense, but who the f*** are you, where have you been before now, and why should we give more than two seconds of thought to your inane takes?

17 minutes ago, klos63 said:

How good do you feel about Anderson? this is an unforgivable situation to be in.

That he can at least play the position in the NFL. I suspect it would need to be a very pared back gameplan with maybe no more than 10-12 pass plays in it that you have to run a couple of times each and support them with a lot of handoffs.

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That he can at least play the position in the NFL. I suspect it would need to be a very pared back gameplan with maybe no more than 10-12 pass plays in it that you have to run a couple of times each and support them with a lot of handoffs.

That's right.  And he has an NFL arm.  There really is no comparison between Anderson and Peterman, and I don't care that Anderson hasn't played much in the last few years.

34 minutes ago, eball said:

Dude, no offense, but who the f*** are you, where have you been before now, and why should we give more than two seconds of thought to your inane takes?

Dude, no offense, but when someone leads with " Dude, no offense", youre about to offend him. It does soften the blow, though.

• Haha (+1) 1

Maybe it Peterman spent his time studying the playbook instead of defending himself on here with a self serving name like “in Nate we trust” then he would recognize a CB sitting on an out route clipping his toenails waiting for the ball to drop in his lap. 

Just a thought. 

• Haha (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He's 11-11 with a bottom five roster since he got here.  Majorly screwing up the QB situation isn't enough to justify his firing.

McDermott has a bottom five roster because that's what he wanted.  He was hired with significant control over personnel decisions, and pretty much won total control of personnel decisions when he vanquished Whaley and sent him packing.  He is the major reason that the QB situation is "majorly" screwed up so he should absolutely get fired for it.  Accountability isn't just applicable to players.

2 hours ago, In Nate We Trust said:

She is a Rex Ryan buddy who does everything possible to make McDermott look bad. Rex Ryan and Russini do everything possible to make McDermott look bad. Instead of posting 88,000x maybe you should do some homework and you will learn nothing Ryan or Russini ever say about the Bills is right. Rex is a jealous clown who hates McDermott and his girlfriend Russini has no credibility.

Russini doesn't even have to try "to make McDermott look bad".  He's done that all by himself, most notably with his stubborn insistence that Nate Peterman remain on the team.  He is NOT a NFL-caliber QB by any measure and shouldn't be on the active roster.  Waiting around for five weeks to bring in a better backup QB than Peterman is inexcusable. 

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

He's one of 2 healthy QB's on the team, the other being Peterman, I don't think many would be shocked if he started.

Coaches have been fired for less.  IMO, McDermott is on borrowed time unless Allen can come back before he loses the locker room and the Bills start getting blown out every out.

On 10/16/2018 at 10:58 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Could be wrong, but I have a feeling McCarron asked to be dealt.

Yeah, I heard it reported yesterday (can’t remember where) that once he was the 3rd string QB he had no interest in sticking around anymore. 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 7: Colts Game Preparation - Derek Anderson Named Starting QB