NFL rules committee has more work to do

Instead of making ridiculous rules about landing on the QB they should be getting rid of archaic rules of illegal formation.

Have 5 lineman on the line and the rest can be lined up where ever .

Having the TE "covered" by a WR thereby making him ineligible is just stupid and has no effect on the play and just causes unnecessary referee involvement and negating great plays.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The rule I would like to see changed is the major penalty added to the kickoff rule.

They are going about it all wrong it should be added to the end of the run not moving the kicker back.

The Bills wound up being punished by Clowneys  15 yard penalty  starting at their own 12.

You should have the option to decline it if they want to leave rule unchanged. JMHO

Edited by JMF2006
spelling
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Instead of making ridiculous rules about landing on the QB they should be getting rid of archaic rules of illegal formation.

Have 5 lineman on the line and the rest can be lined up where ever .

Having the TE "covered" by a WR thereby making him ineligible is just stupid and has no effect on the play and just causes unnecessary referee involvement and negating great plays.

Or that Discipline our HC preaches so much about actually would mean something and they could get lined up properly 

• Like (+1) 2

One rule that absolutely drives me nuts is...say it is 3rd and like 13....and the play is an incomplete pass...if they call defensive holding..a 5 yes penalty...but it's an automatic first down...I just hate that

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, diannand said:

One rule that absolutely drives me nuts is...say it is 3rd and like 13....and the play is an incomplete pass...if they call defensive holding..a 5 yes penalty...but it's an automatic first down...I just hate that

Cheating is not allowed

you can’t enjoy the fruit of a poisoned tree

it happens almost every week to us, the defense is playing great...maybe gets a big sack on 2nd down...and it makes for a long 3rd down play, but how how does a 5 yard holding penalty mean an automatic first down?

• Thank you (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Or that Discipline our HC preaches so much about actually would mean something and they could get lined up properly 

I get that and that is on the player but that rule is useless and should be eliminated.

they want to make rules for enhancing offense and this would be a much better way to do it.

22 minutes ago, diannand said:

Totally agree, would like to see  college rules for the passing game.

I’m not quite sure what’s happening on those presnap penalties. We also got quite a few of them against Minnesota. Who’s actually lining up wrong? Is the WR not up on the line, or is the Tackle or TE too far back? I do know it’s a mess. It doesn’t look like the Receivers are checking with the Line Judge....lazy!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

one rule i want made would piss a lot of people off.

if you taunt after a TD you have that touchdown reversed.

That would stop taunting but the team deserves the score even if the scorer is a dope.  I think mandatory sitting of the player for 15 game minutes would accomplish the same thing without taking away TDs.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

"it happens almost every week to us, the defense is playing great...maybe gets a big sack on 2nd down...and it makes for a long 3rd down play, but how how does a 5 yard holding penalty mean an automatic first down?"

Totally agree, would like to see  college rules for the passing game.

then that holding would be a 10 yard penalty and still a first down if a pass play.(college)

10 yard penalty and no auto 1st down if a run play.(college)

I would like that as a start to reworking that rule.

Edited by cba fan

23 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

one rule i want made would piss a lot of people off.

if you taunt after a TD you have that touchdown reversed.

If your taunt or dance routine is lame then maybe it should be called back

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, diannand said:

What about PIs that are 50 yard penalties and put the ball at the one yard line with 1 minute left to play? A penalty that 9 times out of 10 decides the game.

Edited by vincec
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, cba fan said:

then that holding would be a 10 yard penalty and still a first down if a pass play.(college)

10 yard penalty and no auto 1st down if a run play.(college)

I would like that as a start to reworking that rule.

no automatic first downs for any penalty would be a good idea too.

• Like (+1) 2