A Few Thoughts about the Texans game, in no particular order

Virgil

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I thought he was about a zero, neutral today. He didn't make a single play that I thought really helped us and he didn't make a single play that really hurt us. His biggest problem is he is definitely abandoning plays too early and looking to escape. The announcers were speculating that he is dropping his eyes to the rush - that may be true - and if it is that would be a worry because the one way I think it is possible to ruin a rookie QB is if he starts seeing pressure where there isn't and when he has time to throw. 

What really sucked was that he got hurt after he had thrown his best pass of the day.

You could see on the very next play that he was starting to feel it, but he had to accept the reality that he was hurt.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Agreed

Also why did more WRs seem to come open when Pete was throwing it? I don't remember those cross routes open like that like on that 3rd and 15

Peterman gets rid of the ball faster. Guys are open with Allen but he’s a lot slower to make a decision. 

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The negative is that it ceased being relevant five weeks ago.  I'm surprised you haven't yet changed it to "PetermanThrewALLThePicks."

So true. Peterman picks extrapolated to full 16 game seasons would be like a 100. Nobody even knows which 5 I'm talking about. 

PetermanThrowsPicks13%OfTheTime

PetermanIsStillInTheNFL

PetermanThrowsALotOfPicks

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, qwksilver said:

Someone needs to straighten out all the illegal formation calls. Always happened at the wrong time. That's coaching as well.

I saw a few that didn’t get called. The guards are a few inches behind the center.  The tackles are a few inches behind the guards.  By the time you get to the receivers, it’s not clear who is on the line and who is behind the line. 

I’ve seen similar things on other teams, but for some reason the Bills seem to get called for it. 

3 minutes ago, unclepete said:

Peterman gets rid of the ball faster. Guys are open with Allen but he’s a lot slower to make a decision. 

Peterman makes a pre snap read and throws it regardless of how the defense shifts after he makes that determination  Its how he's able to throw so many pick 6's in so few attemts

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

I'm not real happy about the O play calling.

First down is often used by other teams to throw a pass.

We don't ever do that. Why ?

As far as Allen dropping his eyes earlier to the rush, I think he maybe took a couple hits that hurt him

and decided to keep his eyes on his escape route.

He's gonna get smarter eventually from not wanting to take those hits, but right now he's got a little bit of "deer in the headlights" going on.

Passing on first down once in awhile would help, but playcalling in general won’t help this team much. Offensive play design might, but they’re stuck with Daboll for now. As for Allen watching the rush and not downfield, he was doing this well before he was injured. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

2 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Peterman makes a pre snap read and throws it regardless of how the defense shifts after he makes that determination  Its how he's able to throw so many pick 6's in so few attemts

He's almost impossibly stupid at the position

I also question the coaching on the Texans final scoring drive.  It seems like all game,  even if we only rushed four, others were up faking the blitz, so they didn't know who to block.  On the final drive it looked like we sat back and just rushed four.  The ol' "they haven't been able to move the ball on our defense all game, so, with the game on the line, lets stop what we are doing" strategy.  Kills me every time.

52 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

He needs a Hopkins! Does a ton for a quarterback to have an ounce of trust in SOMEONE to make a fantastic play for him.

I want to call Thad out of retirement! (or whatever he's doing)

Everyone wants a Hopkins 

Every time I read one of your "In no particular order" threads, I can't help imagining you sitting at a little desk in a small wooden chair and wearing a Fedora hat. There's a cigarette hanging out of the corner of your mouth while you bang away on your manual typewriter. When your post is done, you rip the page out, take it to Office Max and have them scan it. Then off to the Library you go to take that digital file and upload it to TBD. Don't ask me why that crosses my mind but it does. LOL

Edited by RobH063
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

Every time I read one of your "In no particular order" threads, I can't help imagining you sitting at a little desk in a small wooden chair and wearing a Fedora hat. There's a cigarette hanging out of the corner of your mouth while you bang away on your manual typewriter. When your post is done, you rip the page out, take it to Office Max and have them scan it. Then off to the Library you go to take that digital file and upload it to TBD. Don't ask me why that crosses my mind but it does. LOL

You forgot the one quarter filled bottle of Old Overholt on the desk. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Agreed

Also why did more WRs seem to come open when Pete was throwing it? I don't remember those cross routes open like that like on that 3rd and 15

They were playing zone.

12 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:
19 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

You forgot the one quarter filled bottle of Old Overholt on the desk. 

Yes I did! Thank you :)

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

I can see you in the corner of the room. It’s weird. Please stop

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

Everyone wants a Hopkins 

Or an AB, AJ Green, Julio Jones, ODBJ, Michael Thomas, Steffon Diggs, Mike Evans, Tyreke Hill.. they're rare but they're out there.. would be great to have a dude that can make a game winning circus catch rather than just being happy Zay isn't dropping the ball.