If Anderson is physically able he should start next week

VW82

No he shouldn't. Its not about wins this year. We arent going to get more than 6. The D is threatening to kill our tank similar to how our goalies were threatening to kill our tank with the Sabres until we traded anyone who stopped the puck well away at the deadline.

We arent gonna be trading D players away so the only hope is if the offense sucks...the D is so good that with ANY production by the offense they might win games...let the O suck.

As of this moment (after Week 6 of the 2018 season), Josh Allen is the worst starting quarterback in the NFL.  And it's not even close.  The other rookies (Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen) all look light-years ahead of him. 

Allen wasn't ready in Week 2.  And a month later, he's still not even close to ready.  Instead of small improvements being made to his game, I personally think he's taking steps backwards.  His accuracy and mechanics are all over the place.  And they don't appear to be getting better.  It's one thing to be hesitant when progressing through reads.  But he even hesitates on quick slants.  His pocket presence is awful, and he consistently bails on clean protection instead of stepping up.

I'm not worried about the 2-4 record.  I'm not worried about him simply struggling.  I'm worried about whether our staff is doing the right thing by playing him right now.  Maybe he would be better off sitting the bench for awhile.  Maybe not.  I really don't know. 

What worries me the most, is that Sean McDermott doesn't seem to have a solid grasp on what to do either. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Process said:

Just curious....did you say Allen was terrible after the Vikes game?

I said it before the draft, during the draft, after the draft and then probably  leading up to the preseason. I was willing to give him time, I wanted Mccarron to start and let Allen sit all year. I really liked Allen in the Vikings game. Literally every single other game he has been terrible.

17 minutes ago, KW95 said:

There is a reason why Anderson wasn't on a team...

There is also a reason. Josh Allen had no offers out of high school and only 1 out of JUCO. Every d1 school had 2 shots at him and all but 1 passed twice. We took him 8th overall. I'm sure we are smarter than all 100+ d1 programs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

A. Allen wasn't supposed to play this soon.

B. Peterman wasn't supposed to crap the bed, again. 

C. We should've signed a veteran qb long before last week. 

D. Benjamin should've cared

E. Crossman should've retired

The story of every Bill's season is woulda, coulda, shoulda....

I'm numb, the painful loses. like today are now expected.

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Literally anyone. It really does not matter. It is impossible to be worse than what Allen and Peterman have shown.

i do not see anderson playing like plunkett.  allen is not ready.  i have not reviewed the qbs that could be available

Nate Peterman should not be on the roster.  Whenever Allen is physically able to play he should.  He doesn't get hurt they win the game.  He found his rythem made his best 2 plays back to back.  The one to Benjamin was called back and the other was a perfect pass.

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

As of this moment (after Week 6 of the 2018 season), Josh Allen is the worst starting quarterback in the NFL.  And it's not even close.  The other rookies (Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen) all look light-years ahead of him. 

Allen wasn't ready in Week 2.  And a month later, he's still not even close to ready.  Instead of small improvements being made to his game, I personally think he's taking steps backwards.  His accuracy and mechanics are all over the place.  And they don't appear to be getting better.  It's one thing to be hesitant when progressing through reads.  But he even hesitates on quick slants.  His pocket presence is awful, and he consistently bails on clean protection instead of stepping up.

I'm not worried about the 2-4 record.  I'm not worried about him simply struggling.  I'm worried about whether our staff is doing the right thing by playing him right now.  Maybe he would be better off sitting the bench for awhile.  Maybe not.  I really don't know. 

What worries me the most, is that Sean McDermott doesn't seem to have a solid grasp on what to do either. 

McDermott and the talent evaluators are terrible at identifying talent on offense. We traded for Kelvin Benjamin? We made the move to start Peterman last year. And ma made the same decision to start him and cut McCarron. We drafted Zay Jones. There's very little reason to believe that this staff identified something in Allen that many other scouts didn't. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

A. Allen wasn't supposed to play this soon.

B. Peterman wasn't supposed to crap the bed, again. 

C. We should've signed a veteran qb long before last week. 

D. Benjamin should've cared

E. Crossman should've retired

The story of every Bill's season is woulda, coulda, shoulda....

I'm numb, the painful loses. like today are now expected.

nailed it!!

2 hours ago, mjt328 said:

Good post. The thing that worries me the most is that he isn't getting better. He's making the same rookie mistakes he was making in the preseason. That should be a huge red flag for the coaching staff. 

Our defense is playoff caliber. The problem is we can't move the ball, and that starts with Allen. He's putting the team in such bad positions, and because of that we have to be super conservative with the play calling which only exacerbates the issue. He doesn't have one strength we can lean on right now and build an attack around. Instead, it's all about hiding his many weaknesses and the QB position is too important to be successful like that.

Edited by VW82

39 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

It’s not gonna be night and day growth from one game to the next where he turns into Montana. You can’t say he isn’t getting better,  his exposure and experience against different defenses and looks is the knowledge he needs. He might be calling things out at the line and seeing his protections better each game. There are things we might not be able to see watching on tv. Let the kid have his year to learn. Jesus Christ.

What does Jesus Christ have to do with it? Why would you randomly say that at the end of your response? Why not any other religious figure?

Allen is blatntly not ready, which is why it's maddening that we have no other QB. Beane and McDermott thought they were smarter than everyone by ignoring the entire offensive side of the ball this offseason.

Having a top ten D is useless if scoring is practically impossible. No one forced them to rebuild a team like this - they have no one to blame but themselves.

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, VW82 said:

We don't know the extent of Allen's elbow injury yet, but IMO it doesn't matter. This is a perfect opportunity for the Bills to pull him off the field for a few games and let him gain a little perspective. 

Prior to the injury, Allen was terrible today...again. He was just as likely to get injured running the ball along the sideline and getting drilled by that Houston LB in the first half when he chose not to run out of bounds. He missed multiple open receivers. On 3rd and goal, he ran out of the pocket when there was no pressure, and short sided himself with only one available receiver (Jones) who was covered. Allen didn't seem to understand Houston had a spy on him so he couldn't just run it in. We've seen him do this several times now, including preseason. 

Peterman's career in Buffalo is over whether he gets cut or not. 

It's still early, but Josh isn't getting better. He doesn't understand what's happening pre-snap. He has a tendency to run backwards at the slightest hint of pressure. He's frequently wildly inaccurate with his throws. He makes bad decisions.

Anderson isn't the perfect solution, but right now he's the best option short-term for the team, and long-term for Allen's development. The kid needs a breather. He needs to watch and learn.

Bad idea. Let him play to gain valuable experience.