If Anderson is physically able he should start next week

VW82

43 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

As of this moment (after Week 6 of the 2018 season), Josh Allen is the worst starting quarterback in the NFL.  And it's not even close.  The other rookies (Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen) all look light-years ahead of him. 

Allen wasn't ready in Week 2.  And a month later, he's still not even close to ready.  Instead of small improvements being made to his game, I personally think he's taking steps backwards.  His accuracy and mechanics are all over the place.  And they don't appear to be getting better.  It's one thing to be hesitant when progressing through reads.  But he even hesitates on quick slants.  His pocket presence is awful, and he consistently bails on clean protection instead of stepping up.

I'm not worried about the 2-4 record.  I'm not worried about him simply struggling.  I'm worried about whether our staff is doing the right thing by playing him right now.  Maybe he would be better off sitting the bench for awhile.  Maybe not.  I really don't know. 

What worries me the most, is that Sean McDermott doesn't seem to have a solid grasp on what to do either. 

I agree.  Allen needs to sit (like Mahomes did) and learn.  Mahomes was allegedly "raw" coming out of college--similar to Allen.   Let Anderson play and Allen can learn from a vet.  

Might also expose what WR's are worth keeping around next year or not.  

13 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

What does Jesus Christ have to do with it? Why would you randomly say that at the end of your response? Why not any other religious figure?

A visor and a mustache?  Jesus christ.  Ha.  Sorry.  Like, hey, if yer OK with this guy saying the names of other religion's figures then you'd best be OK with the random JC drop - at least he's still in the conversation, right?  Not yet obsolete like say, Zeus.  No such thing as bad publicity and all that 

Edited by sleeby
  • Haha (+1) 1

Allen is not ready to play. He wasn’t supposed to play right away and now he is hurt. Allen is not going anywhere and no matter how much he continues to suck, he is going to get plenty of chances. The Bills never should have traded Mccarron but it’s to late to change that. Peterman is probably the worst qb in NFL history. For at least the next 4 or 5 weeks, please start Anderson.

The guy is a veteran that knows how to play NFL football. We have an excellent defense and there are player evaluations that need to take place. Before Allen got hurt today he had 84 yds passing. All of last week he had 82. The week before we were shut out 22-0 by a below average Defense. Allen is not ready to play. Please play Anderson until we are mathematically out of it. I wonder what these WRs might look like with a QB that understands how to orchestrate a professional passing game. There is no circumstance in existence where Nate Peterman can play another down for this team. Please name Anderson the starter for the next month or so and bring in another guy that can back up while Allen recovers. Allen is just learning bad habits and risking further more serious injuries. It’s not giving up on Allen. It’s allowing him to develop and learn behind the scenes. The place where he should have been all year anyway. Start Anderson and let’s see what we have in Dabol and the offense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well no, don’t. If Allen can’t play due to injury thats one thing, but you can’t sit him down at this point. When that happens ( if it does), he’s finished as a Bill. He must fight through it, though it’s clear Daboll and the rest of the team aren’t up to bringing a young QB along. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

As of this moment (after Week 6 of the 2018 season), Josh Allen is the worst starting quarterback in the NFL.  And it's not even close.  The other rookies (Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen) all look light-years ahead of him. 

Allen wasn't ready in Week 2.  And a month later, he's still not even close to ready.  Instead of small improvements being made to his game, I personally think he's taking steps backwards.  His accuracy and mechanics are all over the place.  And they don't appear to be getting better.  It's one thing to be hesitant when progressing through reads.  But he even hesitates on quick slants.  His pocket presence is awful, and he consistently bails on clean protection instead of stepping up.

I'm not worried about the 2-4 record.  I'm not worried about him simply struggling.  I'm worried about whether our staff is doing the right thing by playing him right now.  Maybe he would be better off sitting the bench for awhile.  Maybe not.  I really don't know. 

What worries me the most, is that Sean McDermott doesn't seem to have a solid grasp on what to do either. 

one word...Zanex.   

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

Please no. Starting Anderson does nothing. He isn’t the future. I have no interest in the Bills winning with Anderson.

The people who actually run the team have an interest in winning regardless of who the QB is.  And they have shown us that know how to royally screw up the QB position already.

I think Anderson will start games.  I said it several days ago and will continue to say it until it's obvious he won't.

I think it's a colossal mistake, but I think he will start.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

If Allen is healthy, he has to start.  Learn by doing!

The best thing for everyone (including Josh Allen) is for him to sit. If anyone can be objective about this, this kid sucks right now. If this is what he is going to do for another 10 games, the Bills are probably going to look to replace him sooner then later. Playing him before he was ready might end up costing Allen a career. There’s no way this kid should be on the field right now and all that is going to come from this, is career altering bad habits. Sit Allen until he is ready and IMO 2019 is probably the earliest that will be. If we end up being out of it for the last 4 games, maybe put him back in. I would just pick up another qb and Redshirt Allen for the rest of the year but I wouldn’t expect the Bills to do that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, VW82 said:

We don't know the extent of Allen's elbow injury yet, but IMO it doesn't matter. This is a perfect opportunity for the Bills to pull him off the field for a few games and let him gain a little perspective. 

Prior to the injury, Allen was terrible today...again. He was just as likely to get injured running the ball along the sideline and getting drilled by that Houston LB in the first half when he chose not to run out of bounds. He missed multiple open receivers. On 3rd and goal, he ran out of the pocket when there was no pressure, and short sided himself with only one available receiver (Jones) who was covered. Allen didn't seem to understand Houston had a spy on him so he couldn't just run it in. We've seen him do this several times now, including preseason. 

Peterman's career in Buffalo is over whether he gets cut or not. 

It's still early, but Josh isn't getting better. He doesn't understand what's happening pre-snap. He has a tendency to run backwards at the slightest hint of pressure. He's frequently wildly inaccurate with his throws. He makes bad decisions.

Anderson isn't the perfect solution, but right now he's the best option short-term for the team, and long-term for Allen's development. The kid needs a breather. He needs to watch and learn.

while Allen recovers.

I'm assuming your post was written with the thinking that Allen is injured. If that's the case, I'm with you. If Allen can play, he should. 

EDIT: I totally missed your 1st paragraph. Sorry.

Edited by Dopey

Allen is almost ready ENOUGH for him to start and get to be NFL ready playing. No he isn't all that yet but the Bills are 2-3 with him, and his WR group is among  the weakest in the league. He learns as he goes and with some motivated and good WRs, the playcalling could open up more. Hell they put a max protection set, 3 blockers against Watt, and it's then JJ had his sack in this game. Not Allen's fault nor the coaches.

Watson was supposedly sooooooooooooooo hot last year. How did he look to you with a a week OLine and only Hopkins open? He outclassed Allen that much? In accuracy and throwing to the right spot at a covered Hopkins, I admit I don't see Allen doing that, but then, with enough game play and practice with a very good WR who knows? Point is Allen isn't as bad as haters say. Not good enough for sure, but showing enough to leave him in there over Anderson (and Peterman but 1% would argue otherwise).