Allen not showing progress

PayDaBill$

From where he came from, this was always going to be a tough project. He's inaccurate and leaves the pocket too early (same issues at Wyoming). Not saying he won't succeed--but right now, it is difficult to see many positives.

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

His first pass attempt was his only bad throw. And one of his two sacks was on him. Those were his only two poor plays today. Let's freak out!

To think this was an acceptable performance is just as bad as the guys who think he was a bust the minute he shook Roger's hand.  

Just now, Mrbojanglezs said:

Whaley didn't draft EJ

You don't seriously believe a retiring Buddy Nix did that without agreement from the guy who was replacing him, do you? Of course Whaley agreed to the pick and, according to some, lobbied for Manuel.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

I am a big Allen fan, and this season I will give him the benefit of the doubt even if he sucks.

To me its not about being inaccurate or bad passes. Its more the lack of scanning or hesitation to throw

I agree, I think his accuracy has been fine. He does not seem to read the field like an NFL QB. He is also much to quick to leave the pocket and run.

2 minutes ago, fridge said:

I believe we gave EJ 10 games. For the record he was never as bad as Allen.

EJ and Losman both showed some flashes as rookies. I haven’t seen any flashes from Allen yet, which is concerning because those other QBs were both busts.

Just now, billspro said:

I agree, I think his accuracy has been fine. He does not seem to read the field like an NFL QB. He is also much to quick to leave the pocket and run.

Honestly this is what I wonder about with this game watching it he wasn't all that inaccurate but a bunch of short passes would be bad if he had something deeper that he didn't throw to.

1 minute ago, billspro said:

EJ and Losman both showed some flashes as rookies. I haven’t seen any flashes from Allen yet, which is concerning because those other QBs were both busts.

Give Allen a Lee Evans and lets talk later. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, unclepete said:

If you can't complete 60% against the Mountain West, why would be able to accurate in the NFL? He has size and arm strength but he needs to be developed. We should have sat him for a year to get acclimated to the game.

Accuracy hasn't been his problem. Pocket awareness is his biggest weakness right now.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, fridge said:

I believe we gave EJ 10 games. For the record he was never as bad as Allen.

I never did. I always said and will continue to Maintain the Bills did EJ wrong. 

But then again making the same development mistakes with Allen 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1