Allen not showing progress

PayDaBill$

When I watch Josh Allen I see Blaine Gabbert, which is the player he reminded me of coming into the draft. 

He has the same 2 fatal flaws:

Wildly Inaccurate, which IMO, is not fixable 

&

Drops his eyes and stares at the rush when he feels pressure. 

Gun to my head, my take right now.....hes going to be a massive flop, as many smart people predicted he'd be.  

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You said specifically back then you would have traded everything to get him.  And thus far his career has been less than impressive. Good game today, less than impressive overall.

You like to pontificate about QBs as if you have some grand understanding of the position.  In reality you're no more knowledgeable than anyone else and based on your Winston love worse than most.

Sounds completely insane but if you say I did then okay. 

Jameis Winston would represent a massive upgrade over the garbage we have at QB right now. 

I don't understand what point you're trying to make. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

Jameis Winston would represent a massive upgrade over the garbage we have at QB right now. 

My point is simple and stated above.  You come in here as if you're some sort of QB expert and you're not as shown by your Winston love.

You also like to cherry pick throws.  You've harped on Allen's first throw of the game as if that proves he can never succeed  and ignore a number of other good throws he made today.  The kid has things to learn but objective views suggest he is coming along.

To make my point even clearer:  you aren't knowledgeable about QBs.  Does that explain it clearly enough?

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

If Fitz had not reverted back to form. Winston would be riding pine. That's how much faith

the Bucs really have in him and his BS.

5 minutes ago, Estro said:

When I watch Josh Allen I see Blaine Gabbert, which is the player he reminded me of coming into the draft. 

He has the same 2 fatal flaws:

Wildly Inaccurate, which IMO, is not fixable 

&

Drops his eyes and stares at the rush when he feels pressure. 

Gun to my head, my take right now.....hes going to be a massive flop, as many smart people predicted he'd be.  

Go back and watch the game.  Watch his throws.  Seriously.  I knew the outcome before I watched and read some of the crap posted before I did.  So I watched specifically to see how Allen did. The kid made one truly bad throw today, his first pass of the game.

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

My point is simple and stated above.  You come in here as if you're some sort of QB expert and you're not as shown by your Winston love.

You also like to cherry pick throws.  You've harped on Allen's first throw of the game as if that proves he can never succeed  and ignore a number of other good throws he made today.  The kid has things to learn but objective views suggest he is coming along.

To make my point even clearer:  you aren't knowledgeable about QBs.  Does that explain it clearly enough?

I wasn't knowledgeable about one QB, who would still be better than any QB we've had in 15 years. 

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Go back and watch the game.  Watch his throws.  Seriously.  I knew the outcome before I watched and read some of the crap posted before I did.  So I watched specifically to see how Allen did. The kid made one truly bad throw today, his first pass of the game.

He also threw a deep ball to Benjamin that landed 3-4 yards out of bounds. 

The rest of his throws were pretty much all within a few yards of the line of scrimmage. 

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I wasn't knowledgeable about one QB, who would still be better than any QB we've had in 15 years. 

The rest of his throws were pretty much all within a few yards of the line of scrimmage. 

That's a blatant lie. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

To a guy that was double covered.  Perhaps he wanted to be sure it wasn't picked?

Watching Brady right now.  See a lot if short patterns.  Do you know what Daboll called?  We're longer patterns run?  Were guys open on those?  Should I go on?

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

That's a blatant lie. 

He completed 11 passes for 84 yards. 2 of those completions contributed 61 yards to that total.

How do you average 2.5 yards per completion on the remaining 9 throws and not throw the ball at or behind the LOS?

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

He completed 11 passes for 84 yards. 2 of those completions contributed 61 yards to that total.

How do you average 2.5 yards per completion on the remaining 9 throws and not throw the ball at or behind the LOS?

You’re moving the goalposts from what he was saying is a lie.

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That's a blatant lie. 

For the completions I think that is true.  He had 10 completions fro 84 yards, one went for 39, one for 22.   That means 8 went for a total of 23 yards.   And the 22 yarder was not down the field.....some of the incompletions were further down the field and had no chance

How can he show progress when he has no one developing him?

Daboll's offense cant even line up correctly within the rules we learn in pop warner.

Culley is too busy carrying McDs mic in the hopes of parlaying his 20 year unsuccessful WR/QB coaching career into an OC/HC spot somewhere.

We had to bring in a lower-mid level veteran QB to "mentor" him because we made it 5 weeks into the season before someone in the FO figured out someone should be coaching the kid.

Yet another prospect the Bills franchise will ruin.

4 minutes ago, Success said:

You’re moving the goalposts from what he was saying is a lie.

How?

Allen threw the 39 yarder to Benjamin, the 22 yarder to McCoy, he attempted a deep in to Jones, and he threw the deep ball out of bounds to Benjamin.

Unless I'm forgetting something, I'm pretty sure everything else was within about 5 yards of the LOS. 

Edited by jrober38

6 minutes ago, mattynh said:

They showed Allen sitting alone a couple times and even after the TD, he looked down.  I was wondering if he was ok to play but the coaches said no we are going with Peterdude.

Nope. Allen was injured. They showed him on the sideline, high fiving his teammates, trying to keep everyone pumped.

Just now, jrober38 said:

How?

Allen threw the 39 yarder to Benjamin, the 22nd yarded to McCoy, he attempted a deep in to Jones, and he threw the deep ball out of bounds to Benjamin.

Unless I'm forgetting something, I'm pretty sure everything else was within about 5 yards of the LOS. 

Makin a lot of noise.      Making a lot of noise 

You gonna eat yo cornbread 

2 minutes ago, mattynh said:

For the completions I think that is true.  He had 10 completions fro 84 yards, one went for 39, one for 22.   That means 8 went for a total of 23 yards.   And the 22 yarder was not down the field.....some of the incompletions were further down the field and had no chance

He said passes I thought. He threw three deep to Benjamin, one thrown away on purpose, one great pass caught, one great pass caught and called back. He threw a ball on third and long to Zay that was dropped. One of the dart completions to Clay was longer than five yards. 

I was disgusted when we drafted Allen over Rosen and I’m not sure if he will ever be able to grow enough to be a solid nfl qb, but I will say this... there has definitely been some signs of growth since the Green Bay game. It has been coming little by little but it has been progress nonetheless. We have been up against a lot of relatively strong defenses too. This is why I really hope he is good to go against the Colts because everyone scores on the Colts so I expect to see his own performance improve when his competition is not as strong. If he were to take a step back against a Colts defense, that’s when I would be feeling sick to my stomach 

• Like (+1) 1