Allen not showing progress

PayDaBill$

6 minutes ago, targetweight said:

Nope. Allen was injured. They showed him on the sideline, high fiving his teammates, trying to keep everyone pumped.

Nope he was sitting on the bench emotionless after the TD.  Other times he was high fiving teammates.   

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He said passes I thought. He threw three deep to Benjamin, one thrown away on purpose, one great pass caught, one great pass caught and called back. He threw a ball on third and long to Zay that was dropped. One of the dart completions to Clay was longer than five yards. 

Just because a pass has a good result does not make it a great pass or read by the QB.  The one called back was out of structure and definitely showed the arm but I would not call that one great.  The 39 yarder that counted was a nice pass for sure.  Longer than 5 yards, like 6 or 7?  He had some RAC....regardless it was routine.  I dont remember Zay dropping one but I believe you.

5 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Nope he was sitting on the bench emotionless after the TD.  Other times he was high fiving teammates.   

Just because a pass has a good result does not make it a great pass or read by the QB.  The one called back was out of structure and definitely showed the arm but I would not call that one great.  The 39 yarder that counted was a nice pass for sure.  Longer than 5 yards, like 6 or 7?  He had some RAC....regardless it was routine.  I dont remember Zay dropping one but I believe you.

That was a great play and pass. Period. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mattynh said:

To accuse JA of being a bad teammate is blasphemous. His teammates love him.

You know who has a bad personality? Josh Rosen. And he's also an atheist.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, targetweight said:

To accuse JA of being a bad teammate is blasphemous. His teammates love him.

You know who has a bad personality? Josh Rosen. And he's also an atheist.

I didn’t do that.  Reread what I wrote.   I have it on dvr.   He just sat there with no emotion when the camera went to him after the td to Jones.  

• Like (+1) 1

Bills media reported that Kelvin refused to work out with Josh pregame when Allen asked him to work on routes/throws with him. Unreal. That obviously looks terrible for KB but you have to wonder if Josh has already lost the confidence of his receiving core. Those guys aren't the most talented bunch but their QB is definitely making them look a lot worse than they are. For someone like Benjamin who's in a contract year that's probably tough to take. 

Edited by VW82

6 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

He’s certainly not going to develop under this staff

That is the crux of the problem.

He should NEVER be starting this soon. It shows how deer in the headlights he is.

They need to have him work with some QB gurus as whatever is happening now is clearly not working.

We have seen this play too many times before with past QB picks.

Too bad, as I like the kid and his attitude.

2 minutes ago, mattynh said:

A good result is great for the Team but a great result does not mean everyone made the right decsions.  

Of course. But on two separate plays, Allen threw it down the field 30-40 yards right on the money and the WR caught it. 

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Just now, VW82 said:

Bills media reported that Kelvin wouldn't work out with Josh pregame when Allen asked him to work on routes/throws with him. Unreal. That obviously looks terrible for KB but you have to wonder if Josh has already lost the confidence of his receiving core. Those guys aren't the most talented bunch but their QB is definitely making them looks worse than they are. For someone like Benjamin who's in a contract year that's probably tough to take. 

LOL.....just lol...do you really believe your own bull ****?

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Anyone with an objective view of this game saw progress from Allen.  He may or may not be the guy long term,  but if you watched today and claim he showed no progress you are simply biased against him.

I'm sorry but I didn't see it.

He was 10 of 17 for 84 yards and put 6 points on the board through almost 3 quarters of play. He also got sacked twice for a loss of 16 yards. 

This is inept offensive production. We just can't pass the football like 90% of the teams in the NFL. 

I wasn't expecting a star QB off the get go, but this is the worst offense I've ever witnessed in my life as a Bills fan. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, mattynh said:

I didn’t do that.  Reread what I wrote.   I have it on dvr.   He just sat there with no emotion when the camera went to him after the td to Jones.  

Could have been the fact that he was in excruciating pain at the time. Apparently he should have been doing incessant Tiger fist pumps with his bad elbow?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, djdaddykool said:

That is the crux of the problem.

He should NEVER be starting this soon. It shows how deer in the headlights he is.

They need to have him work with some QB gurus as whatever is happening now is clearly not working.

We have seen this play too many times before with past QB picks.

Too bad, as I like the kid and his attitude.

Wow!  I've never ignored someone only 9 minutes after they signed up!

A new personal best!    Woo hoo!!!

Edited by Lurker

Just now, jrober38 said:

He was 10 of 17 for 84 yards and put 6 points on the board through almost 3 quarters of play. He also got sacked twice for a loss of 16 yards. 

This is inept offensive production. We just can't pass the football like 90% of the teams in the NFL. 

I wasn't expecting a star QB off the get go, but this is the worst offense I've ever witnessed in my life as a Bills fan. 

It's a team sport, rober.

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

It's a team sport, rober.

Sure, but the QB is the most important player on the offense and our offense is the worst in the league. 

The offense needs better players at a variety of positions for sure, but I don't think it's any surprise that we're last in pass yards, last in scoring and last in QB Rating.

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I didn't see improvement either. Ask yourself this: how many of Allen's completions today came in the pocket? He seems to only be able to make a play once the play breaks down, and frequently he's just taking off and running before there's any real pressure. He's actually gone backwards with his pocket presence. 

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1