Allen not showing progress

PayDaBill$

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

The situation the way it is?  I get he is a rookie and may play poorly all year and the Bills may lose as a result.  But do we have to be blind to that and blame other things?   The QB play is the number one problem, its worse than WR, its certainly worse than OL or play calling.   He is not processing anything post snap, there have been a lot of opportunities to complete passes but he is not seeing it fast enough to execute.  Players are open contrary to what some believe.  The drops are not a huge percentage of anything

Competing for contested throws has been a problem though, there were a couple today you'd wish Zay and Benjamin had stepped into. It's definitely a mix of iffy throws and poor effort on the receivers part. Only a couple times a game do I recall being like wow, that was just a bad pass. So while he isn't processing as quickly as you'd like, the coaches don't seem to be doing him any favors for the most part. It is just really a cluster !@#$ on the offensive side of the ball right now, and McD doesn't have the expertise to fix it.

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Our defense is a lot better than Houston's. 

We're 3rd in total yards, 6th against the pass, 7th against the run, and 3rd in the NFL in sacks.

What he hell are you talking about? LMAO

Offer stands....if you got any guts at all you will take me up on it.  If I come up with more on target throw then off target ones you leave....not pissing and moaning....just be gone.

Being at the game, we thought that he got benched. Josh Allen is not an NFL QB, he’s just not good enough to make the throws an NFL QB needs to make. It’s not his fault we drafted a QB that wasn’t good in high school, wasn’t good in JUCO and wasn’t good in the Mountain West and expected him to be good in the NFL. We need to draft a QB next or everyone should be fired, there’s no excuse 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Like the deep ball he threw to Benjamin that landed 4 yards out of bounds.

Allen has a QB Rating of 60, is practically dead last in every statistical category, we have the worst offense the NFL has seen in about 10 years and you're making excuses that the QB isn't the problem, and that he's properly executing the offense as it's called.

Holy crap. 

Dude you have been doing this since Losman. Over a decade of being an absolute pessimist about our QBs across multiple message boards.

If it’s trolling, it’s beyond pathetic and weird at this point. If it isn’t, then you sincerely may want to find a new team because you clearly have disliked this one for over ten friggin years now.

Just now, Luka said:

Competing for contested throws has been a problem though, there were a couple today you'd wish Zay and Benjamin had stepped into. It's definitely a mix of iffy throws and poor effort on the receivers part. Only a couple times a game do I recall being like wow, that was just a bad pass. So while he isn't processing as quickly as you'd like, the coaches don't seem to be doing him any favors for the most part. It is just really a cluster !@#$ on the offensive side of the ball right now, and McD doesn't have the expertise to fix it.

I contend a lot of the contended throws are not thrown in a way where anyone has a real chance to catch them up til now.  Lets hope the light starts to come on as the season goes....for the wrs too.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Offer stands....if you got any guts at all you will take me up on it.  If I come up with more on target throw then off target ones you leave....not pissing and moaning....just be gone.

More on target throws than off? Is getting to the 50% mark the new level of success?

As I said earlier, the bar for QB play on this board is so unbelievably low it's crazy.

Over half of Allen's throws were within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. I'd hope at least half of them got to their intended target.

1 minute ago, uticaclub said:

Being at the game, we thought that he got benched. Josh Allen is not an NFL QB, he’s just not good enough to make the throws an NFL QB needs to make. It’s not his fault we drafted a QB that wasn’t good in high school, wasn’t good in JUCO and wasn’t good in the Mountain West and expected him to be good in the NFL. We need to draft a QB next or everyone should be fired, there’s no excuse 

Being at the game you thought they benched him right after his best throw of the game, a long completion? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

More on target throws than off? Is getting to the 50% mark the new level of success?

As I said earlier, the bar for QB play on this board is so unbelievably low it's crazy.

Over half of Allen's throws were within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. I'd hope at least half of them got to their intended target.

ha ha kitty

2 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Open your eyes and watch the game next time.

meanwhile the golden boy of KC just threw a bad pick to end the half in NE.

Young QBs learn with time.  To say Allen can't make the throws needed after seeing him out it right in guys several times today is the height of nonsense.

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

As low as thinking Winston was going to be the next great QB?

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

As low as thinking Winston was going to be the next great QB?

Winston was the best QB in his draft class. I liked him as a prospect but how were we ever trading up for him? We didn't even have a 1st round pick. I don't even know what that would have looked like. 

He also threw for 395 yards and 4 TDs today. 

Our offense has passed for 378 yards.......... OVER THE PAST 3 GAMES! 

One thing is definitely for certain -- Josh Allen is 100x better than Nathan Peterman, and he was driving us when he left the game injured. I am confident if Allen did not leave this game with injury that it would have been another W for the rookie.

Edited by BillsFan692

Just now, jrober38 said:

Winston was the best QB in his draft class. I liked him as a prospect but how were we ever trading up for him? We didn't even have a 1st round pick. I don't even know what that would have looked like. 

He also threw for 395 yards and 4 TDs today. 

Our offense has passed for 378 yards.......... OVER THE PAST 3 GAMES! 

You said specifically back then you would have traded everything to get him.  And thus far his career has been less than impressive. Good game today, less than impressive overall.

You like to pontificate about QBs as if you have some grand understanding of the position.  In reality you're no more knowledgeable than anyone else and based on your Winston love worse than most.

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t think it even begins to describe it. The first pass of the day was as bad of a ball as you can see thrown. Even the catches are balls where guys have to pick them off the turf. There are less good throws then bad every single game with Allen. He puts touch on balls that don’t need touch and lasers balls that are within 5 yds. The kid hasn’t even been inbounds on a deep ball. His apparent speciality. We are one of the worst passing offenses I have ever seen. 3 times this year Allen’s yards per carry has been higher then his ypa. What am I watching? The game. How can anyone not see this? He is the tall kid, #17. The one throwing balls off the ground and behind people.

Did you not see the 50 yard bomb Allen threw today that was called back because of illegal formation?

The WRs suck. The OL sucks. Shady is OK, but not great. Josh doesn't have any help. We won't know what he is for a couple years. 

Edited by targetweight