Allen not showing progress

PayDaBill$

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Had my daughter's birthday today so DVR'd the game.  Just watched it and if you're saying Allen showed nothing and had no improvement and so on you're nuts.   I saw one truly off target throw.  Looked better at pre-snap reads.  On target with the majority of throws. Running threat as he's shown before.  Long way to go still but certainly better than some here are saying.

Peterman though.   You cannot make that throw.  I think we win if Allen didn't get hurt.

That is one throw.  

To the the rest of the posters, this is the guy who would have traded anything to get Jamie's Winston.  He really has no idea about QBs.

He had one pass for 39, one for 22 and 9 for another 20 or so.  At the rate he was on he would have been around 100 yards for the day.  That is an improvement on last week.

Just now, jrober38 said:

The first play of the game, Allen faked a hand off to McCoy, and promptly threw the ball straight at Clay's feet for what would have been an easy first down.

That's the Offensive Coordinator's fault? 

If only there were 59 minutes and change left in the game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

We get it. You expected a star from the very beginning and there's no time for learning or improvement. 

Allen outplayed Watson today. The same Watson that was crowned a year ago. And between the two of them Allen was the one facing Watt and Clowney.

"Outplayed" is a hilarious choice of words.

Allen was terrible. Watson was worse.

Also the Bills D is a lot better than Houston's. 

Just now, John from Riverside said:

You are fuking insufferable

He was off the mark on his first pass of the night....he was on the mark with every other pass that series and with MOST of his passes for the day.....

Do you think HOF bound QBs dont throw bad passes?

Like the deep ball he threw to Benjamin that landed 4 yards out of bounds.

Allen has a QB Rating of 60, is practically dead last in every statistical category, we have the worst offense the NFL has seen in about 10 years and you're making excuses that the QB isn't the problem, and that he's properly executing the offense as it's called.

Holy crap. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

Allen has a QB Rating of 60, is practically dead last in every statistical category, we have the worst offense the NFL has seen in about 10 years and you're making excuses that the QB isn't the problem, and that he's properly executing the offense as it's called.

Holy crap. 

There were two Texans ahead of Benjamin on a deep ball. That was smart. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

Holy crap. 

Jrober....how about this.....I will rewatch the game....and come with proof that he definately had more on target throws then off target throws

If I do that will you make everyone happy and just leave?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Allen has really only had one good half of football and the was in MIN.  He's mostly made plays with his legs between a couple of good throws here and there with a lot of confusion that has led to indecision on his part.  It will take time, but I want him to keep playing to grow through the rought times. 

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I disagree.....but it is easy to blame the rook QB the way you think and that is so much easier then looking at the situation the way it is

The situation the way it is?  I get he is a rookie and may play poorly all year and the Bills may lose as a result.  But do we have to be blind to that and blame other things?   The QB play is the number one problem, its worse than WR, its certainly worse than OL or play calling.   He is not processing anything post snap, there have been a lot of opportunities to complete passes but he is not seeing it fast enough to execute.  Players are open contrary to what some believe.  The drops are not a huge percentage of anything

Just now, stony said:

I think our o-line did a hell of a job negating their pass rushers.  Props to them. 

I thought they also played well.....I also think they got lots of chip help.....which took away pass rushing options....AND we literally did not take many deep shots down the field because those take more time to develop....I am sure their pass rush was a big reason for that

Just now, jrober38 said:

"Outplayed" is a hilarious choice of words.

Allen was terrible. Watson was worse.

Also the Bills D is a lot better than Houston's. 

Texans defense ranked #10 in DVOA going into the week. Bills #7. Hardly call that "a lot better".

Not to mention Texans were playing at home. A significant advantage, obviously.

Regardless, I thought Allen was the worst quarterback in the NFL and is making no progress?

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

LOL.....Houston's pass rush is a holy terror wtf are you talking about

Our defense is a lot better than Houston's. 

We're 3rd in total yards, 6th against the pass, 7th against the run, and 3rd in the NFL in sacks.

What he hell are you talking about? LMAO

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

The situation the way it is?  I get he is a rookie and may play poorly all year and the Bills may lose as a result.  But do we have to be blind to that and blame other things?   The QB play is the number one problem, its worse than WR, its certainly worse than OL or play calling.   He is not processing anything post snap, there have been a lot of opportunities to complete passes but he is not seeing it fast enough to execute.  Players are open contrary to what some believe.  The drops are not a huge percentage of anything

Do you not think that "other things are playing intto the situation?

I don't think Allen was that bad today. I am actually really pissed off though that the inevitable injury happened to him because of the complete negligence of Beane to get some quality protection in the offensive line. Todays injury resulted from the pocket collapsing yet again. Which seems to happen 2 or 3 /4 downs for the Bills  Even if their plan was to not play Allen this season, they had to know that whoever was the QB would get murdered behind this line. So why in the hell did they not draft or bring in any FA Olineman??