Allen not showing progress

PayDaBill$

Just now, Tyrod's friend said:

there's all kinds of stupid stats out there ... but what about this one? If your QB can't find a guy that is getting separation, then measuring his time in the pocket pretty much is a fckd idea.

Another stupid stat:

The Bills are averaging 123 yards passing per game.

Adam Thielen is averaging 119 yards receiving per game.

Our QB play is so bad it's unbelievable. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

When Peterman came in guys were open. He can't get the ball there or read a defense, but guys were open.

Allen isn't even looking for an open receiver most of the time. If his primary read isn't immediately open, he instantly looks to tuck the ball and run regardless of whether there's any pressure on him. 

Allen is hesitating. Play to play it could be for different reasons. Peterman makes quick decisions and because of it he throws a shitload of INTs.... Pick your poison I guess. You could see that pick 6 coming from a mile away. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am becoming very concerned about Josh.  They said he was not ready and he is showing that.  He made some decent throws bit still seems to be throwing at feet etc.  he is playing scared he instantly going thru progressions however the play calling is terrible,   These two tight end and FB sest with an extra big guy Telegraph the play call.   He needs to,rework,out of shotgun all the time 

Just now, jrober38 said:

When Peterman came in guys were open. He can't get the ball there or read a defense, but guys were open.

Allen isn't even looking for an open receiver most of the time. If his primary read isn't immediately open, he instantly looks to tuck the ball and run regardless of whether there's any pressure on him. 

So a rookie quarterback is expected to read the entire field at the same progression speed as a seasoned veteran or else he'll never be able to?

Just now, BananaB said:

Allen is hesitating. Play to play it could be for different reasons. Peterman makes quick decisions and because of it he throws a shitload of INTs.... Pick your poison I guess. You could see that pick 6 coming from a mile away. 

I don't see any hesitation.

I see a guy who isn't even trying to read the defense. He looks like a complete deer in the headlights out there. The game is way too fast for him and his instinct is to just bail out of the pocket and run because that's what worked for him in college. 

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Another stupid stat:

The Bills are averaging 123 yards passing per game.

Adam Thielen is averaging 119 yards receiving per game.

Our QB play is so bad it's unbelievable. 

And he was UNDRAFTED

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

I see a guy who isn't even trying to read the defense. He looks like a complete deer in the headlights out there. The game is way too fast for him and his instinct is to just bail out of the pocket and run because that's what worked for him in college. 

Yeah he isn't trying. Sure. He just doesn't care.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

I don't have a take on the other three. For two years I've felt that DiMarco was the most overpaid, unnecessary use of funds on the team. A sort of obligatory flop to Carolina. 

Spending millions on a fullback that to my untrained eye makes consistent errors and doesn't impact your running game? That's a sin.

Actually Dimarco's been terrible and worthless for 2 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

Was it just me but didn't Watson have a few drop backs where he almost looked like he was running a draw. I thought he was very impressive. If he had a line he would be a real problem

Judging by your profile picture, I can't take your evaluation seriously

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

You don’t see a guy who is about to wind up to throw and then tucks  and runs or takes a sack? I see it all the !@#$ing time. I have seen it less the past 2 weeks because we haven’t been passing as much. But it is pretty routine.

3 hours ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Is he really the answer? Looks like the least competent and ready of all the top 18 QB’s.  He’s really a raw talent almost makes we wonder if he’ll ever develop.

He just looks like he gets scared sometimes to throw the ball.  He isn't showing the very quick release to be a very good QB in the NFL. 

3 hours ago, yungmack said:

Whaley's miss was EJ who at least he traded down to get. McBeane have already picked two QBs -- Peterman and Allen -- who can't even rise to EJ's level of mediocrity.

I was just thinking this. I don't know that he would have completed many more passes and we know we dont need 300 TDs, but we need to have an air attack. Someone on the radio said last week that they would be fine if all of his throws were dropped as it would at least showing, with talent, hes our guy. He is on and off. I would love to have our guy on a terrible team but I am still watching for signs we will be ok. Ivory and McCoy will be here 1 more year. I just hope that we can build an air attack to go with it.