Allen not showing progress

PayDaBill$

I thought Allen was beginning to look more comfortable out there.  There were lots of bad plays made by his teammates today, overall I think it was a step in the right direction for him.

And in regards to the team, I'm very encouraged that this defense is beginning to look like a championship caliber defense.   They have been lights out since the first 6 quarters and aside from Lorenzo and Kyle who are very important players the defense is very young.   Lot's to look forward to in regards to the defense.  Now we just need to get a couple more lineman and WR's and we're in business.

I hated the first pass to Clay, but he connected with him on the same play a couple of plays later. His performance was not great and his progression as a QB won't be pretty but he needs to keep playing (if his elbow is ok) 

I would have liked to see him more involved with the offense after his injury, put the headset on, see what plays the OC is calling for Peterman. 

He bails out of the pocket too soon before it collapses. I wonder if they run a drill like that in practice. Force him to learn to step up while keeping his eyes down field. Needs to be more anticipitory, and be able to squeeze throws into tight windows. Not sure if the last two can be taught the to level to be a solid nfl qb. But I'm being patient. His overall accuracy needs to improve. Hopefully management will continue to bring in competition like they do at all positions and aren't married to him and willing to die with him. 

Just now, Fixxxer said:

I hated the first pass to Clay, but he connected with him on the same play a couple of plays later. His performance was not great and his progression as a QB won't be pretty but he needs to keep playing (if his elbow is ok) 

I would have liked to see him more involved with the offense after his injury, put the headset on, see what plays the OC is calling for Peterman. 

Yep. Outside of that first play he was pretty accurate. 

11 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Every week DiMarco does something extremely stupid- this week he lined up on the line- if you arent a lineman only 1 can line up on the line.

How he isn't cut on Monday morning is beyond me. I don't think I have ever seen him in the backfield with Shady, and if he isn't going to be an asset to our best running back and f's up as he does, what's the point?

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Keep your blind love. 

Allen has a Career WR coach as his QB coach, an OC who when he left his college team they become explosive passing the Ball and a QB that well has never been good all trying to develop a raw QB. 

Yeah that screams Success 

It takes courage to believe babe.

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It's  possible that the WR to his right should have been off the line which would have made it legal. The refs call a certain player with the penalty because they have to and that is the official rule but it's not always their fault. I'm not making an excuse for Dimarco. It's Dabolls fault for having him out there in the first place. But it was not automatically his fault. One of the two guys needed to be on the line and one off. They both were on which made it illegal. 

I hear what your saying- think of this- how often do we ever see a FB on the LOS. Heck, we rarely see a rb who is split out on the LOS. It could of been that someone else was lined up wrong but if a ref sees 2 or 3 lined up wrong he is calling the FB every time if hes on the line as well. Anyways, today was another crap loss and we are all a little bitter I think. 

5 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Only saw the one today yes but he’s put a few out there like that in the past few weeks and they looked pretty much exactly like the incompletion today.

So he was better today in other words improving which is kind of what you want in a rookie QB.

Just now, Warcodered said:

So he was better today in other words improving which is kind of what you want in a rookie QB.

No. He only attempted one today. And it looked like the same horrible deep balls he’s attempted in the last few weeks. So no. Not sure how you misread that but I see no improvement on his deep ball, especially outside the numbers throws.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

No. He only attempted one today. And it looked like the same horrible deep balls he’s attempted in the last few weeks. So no. Not sure how you misread that but I see no improvement on his deep ball, especially outside the numbers throws.

Except the one Benjamin caught for 40 yards right ? 

Aside from that maybe you have some sort of crusade point to make 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, cgg716 said:

Two words.. Jared Goff.. can’t judge Allen now, no oline and quite possibly the worst wr corps in modern history. Be happy he doesn’t make mistakes and isn’t scared. We win today if he finishes.

Both of those excuses are provably false. And no one is making grand judgments about the kid - this thread (if you bothered to read the title) is about seeing improvement and progress. From week 2 to today. All some of us are saying is no, we haven’t seen any appreciable progress. 

I agree with you - he isn’t “scared.” Whatever that means.