Allen not showing progress

PayDaBill$

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

It's never been this bad.

We have an historically bad offense right now that's averaging under 13 points per game.

And we have historically bad "weapons." Tyrod Orton and Manuel had Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, Hogan... All solid options on other teams.

Just now, Figster said:

Allen is as advertised, dripping with raw talent, but a project. Thanks to Beane head Buffalo had to speed up the process.

I like what I'm seeing...

The project label is overblown.  There are very few QBs in the college game drafted highly that don't have things to work on.  Allen got by in college with his arm strength, which led to some sloppy footwork and throwing habits.  

You draft a young QB, surround him with players who can get him feeling comfortable, and work on whatever faults they have.  We just haven't done step 2 yet.

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He didn't play well enough to win. He was awful. That was a won in spite of him. And I like him a lot. He threw a bunch of nice balls. But he was awful. They won because of the pick six, they didn't score on a first and goal from the one after an interference in the endzone call. He was extremely careless with the ball. 

I'm sorry, your call cannot be completed as dialed.  Please hang up and try again.  

He got the win.  Ergo, played well enough to win.  See Bills v Titans 10/7/18 for more info.

12 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Wrong.  Allen was a clear 1st round prospect due to his physical abilities.  He has more arm talent than 3/4ths of NFL QBs.

no one gives a **** about arm talent dude. 

the best QB's in the NFL don't even have strong arms. Accuracy and reading defenses are really the only thing that matters. Allens deep ball is horribly inaccurate, half the time the ball sails 30 yards over the WR's head or straight out of bounds. 

Just now, Iverwig said:

Keep in mind Allen should not be playing this year.  Most scouts said he needed to sit and work on some things but yet the Bills have run him out there and fans expect him to be a star. It wasn’t going to happen this year and he along with the team QB position have suffered due to an incompetent staff and organization. 

Totally predictable, though. Football fans, in general, are basically neanderthals. 

3 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

And we have historically bad "weapons." Tyrod Orton and Manuel had Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, Hogan... All solid options on other teams.

Tyrod had the exact same supporting cast last year.

The supporting cast is awful, but the QB play is by far the worst in the NFL. 

Just now, LFC24 said:

the best QB's in the NFL don't even have strong arms. Accuracy and reading defenses are really the only thing that matters. Allens deep ball is horribly inaccurate, half the time the ball sails 30 yards over the WR's head or straight out of bounds. 

Aaron Rogers? He's 1-2

Mock drafts and scouting reports are easy to find.

If you start trying to claim that most or even any had Allen as a middle or late rounder, that’s a pretty easy thing to debunk.  Clearly, he was a highly touted prospect, who many had as a top 10 pick, and basically everyone had going in the first round.

4 minutes ago, LFC24 said:

Ha ha okay dude!

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

The project label is overblown.  There are very few QBs in the college game drafted highly that don't have things to work on.  Allen got by in college with his arm strength, which led to some sloppy footwork and throwing habits.  

You draft a young QB, surround him with players who can get him feeling comfortable, and work on whatever faults they have.  We just haven't done step 2 yet.

I was against starting J A this quick, but I'm not hating it because Allen seems to be taking it all in stride in my humble opinion.

• Like (+1) 2

The only thing i’ve seen so far that has been “as advertised” and has actually helped the team is his running ability. For such a big kid he is very fast and surprisingly elusive when he gets to the 2nd and 3rd levels on the run.

The arm strength is obviously there as well - and I haven’t seen it contribute to any plus plays thus far. Allen’s simply too raw, too skittish, too inside his own head and way too inaccurate for his cannon arm to make any sort of difference. 

Blame his weapons (they are getting open), blame his line (they are protecting adequately) all you want. You’re just making excuses and sticking your head in the sand.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Figster said:

I was against starting J A this quick, but I'm not hating it because Allen seems to be taking it all in stride in my humble opinion.

I agree. I was always for starting him but not expecting him to do well. I think this is invaluable experience for a raw rookie. The only problem is if it hurts his confidence and I just don't see that in a guy like him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

The only thing i’ve seen so far that has been “as advertised” and has actually helped the team is his running ability. For such a big kid he is very fast and surprisingly elusive when he gets to the 2nd and 3rd levels on the run.

The arm strength is obviously there as well - and I haven’t seen it contribute to any plus plays thus far. Allen’s simply too raw, too skittish, too inside his own head and way too inaccurate for his cannon arm to make any sort of difference. 

Blame his weapons (they are getting open), blame his line (they are protecting adequately) all you want. You’re just making excuses and sticking your head in the sand.

His strong arm has contributed to at least a third of his completions so far. That's nonsense.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

You must have been in the bathroom on those throws today.