Allen not showing progress

PayDaBill$

Just now, jrober38 said:

Allen looks exactly as advertised on the scouting reports.

He looks like a guy who should have been picked in the 4th or 5th round who would compete for a roster spot. 

He looks completely outmatched out there. 

He looks a lot like Tyler Bray. Rocket arm, no accuracy, no clue.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

He looks like a guy who should have been picked in the 4th or 5th round who would compete for a roster spot. 

Wrong.  Allen was a clear 1st round prospect due to his physical abilities.  He has more arm talent than 3/4ths of NFL QBs.

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

What scouting reports had him as a 4th or 5 th round pick? Stupid post. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Allen was better than Watson today. Watson has Hopkins and Fuller, was worse against the rush, threw two horrible INTs, fumbled twice, was sacked six times, didn't feel the rush worse than Josh, and his only TD was a fabulous catch. 

Two terrible INTs?  You call a freak ball batted in the air that drops incomplete 99/100 times a "terrible INT?"  No.

Just now, That's No Moon said:

He looks a lot like Tyler Bray. Rocket arm, no accuracy, no clue.

Someone just compared him to Logan Thomas.

That's a great comparison.

Allen might be big, strong and fast, but he has no idea how to play QB. He's taken our passing game back to the stone age of professional football. 

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Wrong.  Allen was a clear 1st round prospect due to his physical abilities.  He has more arm talent than 3/4ths of NFL QBs.

Most draft experts considered him a 3rd round talent who would be taken much higher in the 1st round simply due to need around the league and the fact that the team that took him could be the lucky lottery winner, but that's all based on speculated, perceived, potential.

The Allen we have seen is the guy he has always been.  

Why anyone thought he would morph into something much, much better at the NFL level, facing much better talent and coaching, I have no idea.

These arguments will go away with the passage of time.

I mean no one around here is still waiting for EJ Manuel to arrive, are they?

They were all arguing for EJ a while ago though.

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

He looks completely outmatched out there. There's been no progress since the Bengals preseason game. 

Who had him as a 4th or 5th rounder?

Just now, jrober38 said:

Someone just compared him to Logan Thomas.

That's a great comparison.

Allen might be big, strong and fast, but he has no idea how to play QB. He's taken our passing game back to the stone age of professional football. 

Please go back and watch the video of Tyrod's performances last year against the Saints, Jags and others.  Our passing game has been in the stone ages since about week 8 of 2011.

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Thank you. 

Watson had an ugly game, but in the biz of making excuses for QBs, we do call it "played well enough to win."  See, Bills v Titans on 10/7/18 for more info.

He didn't play well enough to win. He was awful. That was a won in spite of him. And I like him a lot. He threw a bunch of nice balls. But he was awful. They won because of the pick six, they didn't score on a first and goal from the one after an interference in the endzone call. He was extremely careless with the ball. 

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

Most draft experts considered him a 3rd round talent who would be taken much higher in the 1st round simply due to need around the league and the fact that the team that took him could be the lucky lottery winner, but that's all based on speculated, perceived, potential.

Why anyone thought he would morph into something much, much better at the NFL level, facing much better talent and coaching, I have no idea.

No they didn't. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2765842-nfl-draft-400-top-qbs-for-2018-nfl-draft#slide20

Matt Miller gave him the second highest QB grade in 2018.  Ranked him a 1st rounder.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

Please go back and watch the video of Tyrod's performances last year against the Saints, Jags and others.  Our passing game has been in the stone ages since about week 8 of 2011.

It's never been this bad.

We have an historically bad offense right now that's averaging under 13 points per game.

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Allen is as advertised, dripping with raw talent, but a project. Thanks to Beane head Buffalo had to speed up the process.

I like what I'm seeing...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Fadingpain said:

Which passes specifically did Allen not complete today that you'd expect a 1st round talent rookie to complete?

Keep in mind he had 11 completions and 6 incompletions.

All I know is i've grown tired of watching just about every other nfl

team throwing the ball and scoring points. It's about time this organization 

gets more than 50% of the damned game right at any given time.
Brock Osweiller... omg

Edited by Albwan

Keep in mind Allen should not be playing this year.  Most scouts said he needed to sit and work on some things but yet the Bills have run him out there and fans expect him to be a star. It wasn’t going to happen this year and he along with the team QB position have suffered due to an incompetent staff and organization.