Allen not showing progress

PayDaBill$

3 minutes ago, zonabb said:

I love this kids passion, hatred of losing, and leadership but he's not going to make it. The flaws are impossible to overcome. The accuracy has not shown one iota of improvement. The decision-making and commitment to throw the ball where he needs to is non-existent. I don't want it to be the case but the the love affair with the tools is neanderthal thinking on the part of the the front office. No one ever fixes these problems and turns a QB into a pro bowler, all pro, or super bowl winner. 

why comment when you didn't watch?

Saying he didn't show improved accuracy today is not valid.

Allen deserves an opportunity to have reasonable blocking up front and legit receivers. That's not gonna happen this year. With that being said, if the Bills don't draft another QB high next year they are doing it wrong. You have to get that position right. 

20 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Yea so dominant that he had to get moved to the slot and get used as a good route runner with good hands utilized by a good veteran qb. As of right now Larry fitz isn’t even a top 30 wr if you were going to start a team and play for one year and could pick from all the wr talent in the league. 

Yet he is better than anything in our roster, so your point is foolish, nice try though...

I think he is getting better each week even if the stats don't show it.

He needs to see the field better, stay in the pocket and get rid of the ball quicker.  Throwing on the run leads to inaccuracy, which is a problem for him.

leadership and willingness to win are without question. 

• Like (+1) 1

Two opinions can both be true.  

I think hes been struggling a good bit.

I also think a lot of that is to be expected, and with some weapons around him, he could be big time.  He’s shown plenty of flashes in his handful of starts. 

Edited by SCBills

23 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Can we please ban anyone who states we need to start Anderson. He’s worse than Allen, so

let the kid develop 

He'd have a better chance of developing on the bench. People wanting Anderson to start are likely wanting what Allen and the Bill's should've had in the first place - an experienced vet to mentor the rookie while simultaneously giving us a buffer for the year and allowing our 7th overall pick to not embarrass himself on a weekly basis.

Because if you call what you've seen of Allen so far "developing," you obviously enjoy complete and utter failure. We had 29 passing yards right before Allen had his 1 big pass & went down...He had 82 last week, and the week before was in the 80's until GB went into garbage time mode midway through the 4th. 

If you add Allen's Passer Rating the last 3 weeks together, sure, he's sitting at a 159.6, better than a perfect 158.3! But if you consider that his average becomes 53.2, that's Peterman today level performance.... for 3 straight weeks. 

Edited by BigDingus

20 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

People won't accept what's smacking them in the face when it comes to Allen. We used a ton of assets to get him, so those that hyped themselves up on him during the offseason will need a loooong time to adjust their perception on him. 

Remember all those posts claiming accuracy doesnt matter, stats don't matter, performance in his own conference didnt matter, play against good opponents didn't matter, etc.?

The defensive fortress went up quickly, so it'll take a massive amount of miserable performances to chip away at it and have a realistic discussion on Allen.

What you say is correct but just said very negatively and without hope that maybe Allen can develop. Myself and the rest of the fans for the Bills want Allen to succeed and develop so he can help our team win. Allen is in his first season. Tell me one player in the NFL who got worse the more experience he got? Heck even Peterman has played better than his first start. 

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Not as bad when he runs like he does.

He averaged 5 yards per carry today which means he averaged less than that per throwing attempt. Very bad.

I reserve judgment until after the season at the earliest.  Even if the Bills think Josh remains a viable possibility as a franchise QB, I wouldn't object to drafting another developmental guy.  Peterman has run out of chances to even be a backup in the NFL.  The Bills can never be sure he's not going to continue to throw interceptions.  The 49ers drafted CJ Beathard late, and he lookes like a viable backup.  The Bills could do the same.  If they decide Josh Allen is bust bound, then the plan has to be draft a QB early.  For the record, I think he played better today than last week

Edited by TigerJ

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

Good D's in the NFL are going to make rookies earn their keep.

I see progress...

My favorite play of his today was a 4 yd keeper where he slid.  Smart, mature play.  

His other running scares me.  It seemed like he was pressing a bit and needed to make a play.  

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

Good D's in the NFL are going to make rookies earn their keep.

I see progress...

Technically speaking, 84 yards in 3ish quarters IS progress over 82 yards in 4. Having three fingers is also better than having none, but it still isn't good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Allen looks exactly as advertised on the scouting reports.

He looks like a guy who should have been picked in the 4th or 5th round who would compete for a roster spot. 

He looks completely outmatched out there. There's been no progress since the Bengals preseason game. 

Edited by jrober38