Allen not showing progress

PayDaBill$

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

How do they know until an MRI happens? Hope you are right.

Mostly because you don't get UCL tears from getting hit on the arm.  You get it from years of chronic stress.  Which is why it is roughly 1 million times more common in baseball players than football players.

• Like (+1) 1

First post from a LONG time (I attended games at the rock pile) Bills fan and lurker at this site. 

IMO Allen is making steady progress.  A difficult & loud road game against a team with a two stud pass rushers had me expecting a series of disasters.   I figured Allen would have a day like Watson had - a bunch of sacks and multiple TO's.  Instead I saw some nice throws and evidence of the athletic improvisation that I believe will become more common as the season moves on.  The deep pass to Benjamin after Allen escaped the pass rush was a thing of beauty.  His only bad throw was his first of the day when he threw it at Clay's feet.  Allen also continues to make critical plays with his feet like the 3rd & 10 red zone conversion leading to the 1st FG. 

Allen is a work in progress.  At a minimum he should be given 2 years to develop and next year the organization must surround him with NFL caliber skill position players.  The fact that Allen does not have a comfort blanket WR or TE that he can throw to in a pinch is an organizational sin when trying to develop a rookie QB.  That must be corrected before next season. 

• Like (+1) 9

1 minute ago, LFC24 said:

go watch all22 from last week 

Go watch ANY QBs all22 from ANY week and you'll see them miss wide open guys.  Unless you mean miss them accuracy wise, that certainly is not as common.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What open receivers are you referring to?

play to Clay on the 1st drive today where Clay was open with room to run, Allen had time to throw and pass was nowhere near him. Throws like that, he is constantly missing them. 

stop blaming everything on the supporting cast. yes we have the worst line in the league and prob the worst WR's but Allen is also a massive reason why our offense is historically bad. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No specific metric. Just need to to see flashes of him doing small things better. At the moment I am not seeing those. Whether it is progressions, consistency in his ball placement, identification of pressures... I am not expecting him to be a superstar. Just flash some improvements. Not seeing it. But it is hard to know how much to put on him in the mess. 

Don't forget being able to move around in the pocket...

2 minutes ago, LFC24 said:

go watch all22 from last week 

You you mooks and your attempt to prove your points

The All 22 is a nice feature but it does not take into account a lot of different thing.....last week Josh did not have a good game....today he was throwing the ball to guys whether they were covered or not......he actually did not play that badly today......not great but better then last week.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

No specific metric. Just need to to see flashes of him doing small things better. At the moment I am not seeing those. Whether it is progressions, consistency in his ball placement, identification of pressures... I am not expecting him to be a superstar. Just flash some improvements. Not seeing it. But it is hard to know how much to put on him in the mess. 

Allen showed more poise and better decisions today than at any point the last two games. In a very tough environment. That's progress.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Allen showed more poise and better decisions today than at any point the last two games. In a very tough environment. That's progress.

This is important to note as well. Away games this early in his career don't help. 

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I think that pass to McCoy in the first Q was the worst or second worst decision I've seen Allen make all year.

He also sucks at making decisions about taking hits.  He's actually getting worse about avoiding contact.

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Hmm. He was a bit more poised I will give you that. He was less skittish than the last two games. As for decision making..... less convinced. 

its a bitter loss but Allen to me did play better  One ball in the dirt to Clay early but after that the passes were on target.  Daboll must open it up for the kid a little bit.  Also the wrs need to keep working when plays break  down  Right now Allen's best attributes are his ability to extend plays  Too many stupid penalties on offense.  He should have a safety valve on each passing play.  Too many times McCoy had to chip block to help the tackle and was unable to get out in the flat to help.  Hopefully the elbow is ok.  I never want to see Peterman out there again and have zero interest in watching Anderson.

7 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Mostly because you don't get UCL tears from getting hit on the arm.  You get it from years of chronic stress.  Which is why it is roughly 1 million times more common in baseball players than football players.

Right, and I get that. But the violent nature in which his elbow was hit.....watch it closely. The joint doesn’t look right.

7 minutes ago, LFC24 said:

play to Clay on the 1st drive today where Clay was open with room to run, Allen had time to throw and pass was nowhere near him. Throws like that, he is constantly missing them. 

stop blaming everything on the supporting cast. yes we have the worst line in the league and prob the worst WR's but Allen is also a massive reason why our offense is historically bad. 

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT HIS FIRST PASS?   Then conveniently leave out that he was on target for the rest of the series?

Holy crap dude

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1