Draft another qb next year

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

True but it's like get something now or nothing for Foles before hitting FA unless the Eagles want to pay him 20mill per his contract next year which isn't happening.

I didn’t consider that. The Bills would have to pony up some $$ after to try to keep him but at least you know what you’re getting in terms of quality starts 

2 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

The problem is is that he's the same quarterback he was in college. He does the same things, has the same shortcomings and hasn't made any leap yet. His accuracy is awful. Just like it was in college. Okay so 5 games in, but you know what? Sit him. Let's find somebody who can at least move the chains while we wait for this guy to develop. 

You don’t have an offense in place for any Qb on this roster to do anything with. You think we’re a playoff team w Andersen in the game cmon. There’s no better way to learn than to play. Running the scout team for opposing team looks and little to no first team reps isn’t the way to get him up to snuff. If you have a legit starter on your team like Rodgers w Favre or Garoppolo w Brady ok, we don’t, so develop the kid on the field 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I wonder how he would do with Hopkins and Fuller as his top two receivers?  How would have Watson have been without them today?

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I didn’t consider that. The Bills would have to pony up some $$ after to try to keep him but at least you know what you’re getting in terms of quality starts 

I personally wanted the Bills to pursue him hardcore last off season to start this year and mentor a young rookie (Allen). If he played lights out you keep rolling with Foles. I'm pretty confident the Bills would be 4-2 right now with Foles under center with the way the D played the last 4 weeks. Our D is ready to contend with any team in the NFL right now. We just need an average Offense right now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Im not giving up on allen quite yet but i wanted rosen badly all throughout the process for months. Im really not sure what they were thinking other than he might be a jerk

And btw im fine with my qb being that way. I didnt think allen was that bad today but hes not seeing things early. Rosen was my #1 qb and it wasnt close. We might regret that for years

13 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

You don’t have an offense in place for any Qb on this roster to do anything with. You think we’re a playoff team w Andersen in the game cmon. There’s no better way to learn than to play. Running the scout team for opposing team looks and little to no first team reps isn’t the way to get him up to snuff. If you have a legit starter on your team like Rodgers w Favre or Garoppolo w Brady ok, we don’t, so develop the kid on the field 

I don't think we have a playoff team, but at least we won't be a total embarrassment. This offense is pathetic. And quarterback play has most to do with it. He had time She had time today and a decent running game. He's just not accurate or fast enough to process the defense..

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

How many of you were putting the bust label on Goff after his rookie year?  Allen is 5 games in with nothing around him.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

1 hour ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

If you have to draft a qb then beane should be fired first. That’s the only way it’s happening idk how people don’t realize this. You don’t give up multiple assests and bail on a top 10 qb and get to keep your job and pick a qb next year . Just stop with the non sense. 

You can draft a backup project at round 3, dump Peterman, get a vet and hope knowing Josh is not the only Quarterback on the team that isn't an automatic loss might light further fire from him.

Being a quarterback on a team that could be punting games and knowing Peterman is the only competition doesn't lead to the best competitive intangible development.

WE sh*t the bed when we let the Jets trade up to #3.  We let them take Teddy and Darnold. We should have had one of them. I wanted Baker so badly, but look like CLE finally figured out how to not screw it up. I honestly don't know what to think about Allen. He's in a horrible situation and shows flashes that he could be the man. 

We double sh*t the bed when we decided to have a three way QB competition and throw out the guy with the most experience. We triple sh*t the bed and left a trail to the bathroom when we kept Peterman then started him. There is so much crap in the bed that we are sleeping on the floor.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

You can draft a backup project at round 3, dump Peterman, get a vet and hope knowing Josh is not the only Quarterback on the team that isn't an automatic loss might light further fire from him.

Being a quarterback on a team that could be punting games and knowing Peterman is the only competition doesn't lead to the best competitive intangible development.

I suspect that's not what Allen needs.  His greatest need is probably a competent line and receivers - right now, running for his life, he has no chance to correct his bad habits and is developing new ones.  He not only has no chance to develop, he's in a situation where he's likely as not regressing.

Of all the criticism McDermott and Beane get, the one that they get lest but deserve most is the blinding idiocy of trading Taylor and McCarron, and deciding that Peterman and Allen alone were sufficient enough at the position.  That was a !@#$ING stupid decision.  In the handbook of "How to Develop a Quarterback," that's the chapter "Of All The Possible Things You Can Do, DO NOT EVER Make This Roster Move."

• Thank you (+1) 1