Draft another qb next year

Doesnt matter which or how many QBs we draft when there is no development plan and no one on staff capable of putting one together.

Culley is a JOKE of a "QB Coach". Daboll cant even get his Offense to line up correctly within the rules taught in pop warner, and is too busy eating wings up in the booth.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Allen was fvcking great today.  You are so clueless.  Get him some weapons and we are going to be fine. 

I wouldnt say he was great but considering what he has to work with got to cut him some slack!  WE DEF NEED WEAPONS. I'd like to get a more solid line in front to.

3 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Rosen’s 0 Td’s yesterday would have helped us win all the games ??‍♂️??‍♂️

He was over 66% and threw for about 250 yards as opposed to 50% and 80 something yards.

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Here he is! Why not? 

I'm sure someone who watches more film than I do can refute me, but Herbert just strikes me as what people would think about Allen if he played for a good P5 program and didn't have Baker / Darnold / Rosen in his draft class.

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I'm sure someone who watches more film than I do can refute me, but Herbert just strikes me as what people would think about Allen if he played for a good P5 program and didn't have Baker / Darnold / Rosen in his draft class.

Josh Allen does not have the poise in the pocket as Herbert. Allen goes 1 read and 2 at the most and then runs. 

29 minutes ago, wppete said:

Josh Allen does not have the poise in the pocket as Herbert. Allen goes 1 read and 2 at the most and then runs. 

You're comparing Herbert's performance and poise as a COLLEGE Qb behind an actual line at a top program, against Allen's performance and poise as a ROOKIE in the NFL, against NFL defenders, behind one of the worst OLs in the league.

Sure, draft Herbert, and watch him wilt in the same circumstances.

Maybe the 2 of them can develop each other while Daboll sits in the booth and Culley follows McD around like a puppy dog who is already looking towards his next job.

38 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You're comparing Herbert's performance and poise as a COLLEGE Qb behind an actual line at a top program, against Allen's performance and poise as a ROOKIE in the NFL, against NFL defenders, behind one of the worst OLs in the league.

Sure, draft Herbert, and watch him wilt in the same circumstances.

Maybe the 2 of them can develop each other while Daboll sits in the booth and Culley follows McD around like a puppy dog who is already looking towards his next job.

Herbert has a ton more accuracy than Allen.  I am not sure if he will make a good pro or not but he is light years ahead of Allen is when it comes to accuracy & ball placement.  

4 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

And has won zero games.      Do you have a point to make ? 

We should draft a qb who can pass for 240 yards and throw zero td’s ? 

240 yards is just under 3 times more than Allen threw for yesterday and the week before. 240 yards passing with THIS defense wins games. 82 and 84 yards will not win 99% of the time. The worse the passing offense is, the better the defense has to play for the team to even have a chance of winning. 

The past three weeks, Allen has thrown for 317 yards and run for one TD. The offense, under his direction, has produced 19 points in 11 quarters. 

This lines up with Rosen's first 3 starts. In the same time frame, he has thrown for 590 yards and 2 TDs. His offense scored 17 points in the FIRST game. Across the 3, their offense has scored 48 points. If you don't see that as better production, I cannot help you.

3 minutes ago, JM57 said:

240 yards is just under 3 times more than Allen threw for yesterday and the week before. 240 yards passing with THIS defense wins games. 82 and 84 yards will not win 99% of the time. The worse the passing offense is, the better the defense has to play for the team to even have a chance of winning. 

The past three weeks, Allen has thrown for 317 yards and run for one TD. The offense, under his direction, has produced 19 points in 11 quarters. 

This lines up with Rosen's first 3 starts. In the same time frame, he has thrown for 590 yards and 2 TDs. His offense scored 17 points in the FIRST game. Across the 3, their offense has scored 48 points. If you don't see that as better production, I cannot help you.

The two offenses are apples and oranges. AZ has upgraded their interior Oline with Pugh, HOF WR, high draft pick in Kirk, two decent TE's, and one of the best RB's in the NFL. I would take Johnson over McCoy any day. Mike McCoy is a better OC than Daboll.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

The two offenses are apples and oranges. AZ has upgraded their interior Oline with Pugh, HOF WR, high draft pick in Kirk, two decent TE's, and one of the best RB's in the NFL. I would take Johnson over McCoy any day. Mike McCoy is a better OC than Daboll.

Mike McCoy is dreadful. He didn't even make it through the season in Denver last year. David Johnson has been just a guy because of McCoy's scheme. Larry Fitzgerald is a HOF WR for sure but he's also 35 years old. This is a stretch. If Arizona's offense is better than Buffalo's it is marginally so. Like #31a and #31b. It doesn't excuse nearly 3 times the production. They drafted the Wrong Josh.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, COTC said:

In round 1. I think we draft the WR out of Buffalo to help Josh. Maybe we pick up a qb in the later rounds but he won’t compete. 

I think they can take him in the 3rd or 4th if they want

This was the Bills mistake when they assumed EJ Manuel was all that, then Jimmy Garropolo was available the next year when we took Cyrus Kouandjio. Just take one QB a year so we always have fresh blood.

FWIW, you can teach accuracy. Kellen Mond at Texas A&M has gone from 51.5% completion to 61.7% completion rate thanks to a new coach.

Edited by buffaloaggie