Is Nate Peteman the worst QB in NFL history?

bills6969

20 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I hated Jeff Tuel and abused him here. But he is substantially better than NP. 

You might hate my posts, but I've noticed I like your posts a lot. I hated Jeff Tuel, I hate the thought of Jeff Tuel, but you're right again.

Peterman loses you games. No Oline blame, no bad defense excuse. The guy is just the definition of awful.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

It's not negativity. It's the truth. Its a gigantic misjudgement by him and he deserves to be criticized for it.

Hed be getting destroyed by the NYC media if he was the coach of the Jets or Giants. 

Completely agree with you. If I say something and can be shown I'm wrong I own it. I say good point.

All these McDermott fans just go on about this process and not being a real fan. It's a !@#$ing joke. We're all real fans here. We can disagree. I've just noticed a shift in attitudes, even at my job, if you criticize them, and McDermott, get ready for it.

I don't blame Peterman in the least. It's not his fault he lacks the talent to play QB in the NFL. I find his quote annoying, but really, the blame falls on McDermott for sticking with him and citing his faith as one reason why.  I understand the concept of bringing in high character guys, but a roster full of Bible Thumpers isn't going to cut it.

This is Exhibit No. 1,265,735 in support of the argument that the Bills' organization is at or certainly very near the bottom of the NFL. There is zero excuse for the front office putting together this offense, from a weak OL, to non-NFL receivers, to QBs who either are simply not ready to play in the NFL and perhaps may never be, in the case of Allen, or never will be ready to play in the NFL, in the case of Peterman. Starting the season with those two as your options is organizational malpractice and Bills' season ticket holders should file a class action suit asking for their money back.  The defense is pretty darn good, but no defense can survive what is likely the worst offense in the history of the Bills, and that is saying something.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think he's a good defensive coach. 

Hes demonstrated to be a bad evaluator of offensive talent and coaches. 

DCs who become head coaches have to hire talented OCs, just as OCs who become head coaches have to bring in a talented DC. McDermott has had two mediocre OCs so far, and neither he nor Beane seem to have a clue about bringing in offensive talent.

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think he's a good defensive coach. 

Hes demonstrated to be a bad evaluator of offensive talent and coaches. 

I think he's a great defensive coach, unfortunately it's not that era. I really do believe he is potentially elite when it comes to defense.

the guy is trash, it's probably too late in his career that he shouldn't throw the ball to the far hash mark. It's quite porbable that teams are kind of waiting for him to attempt that throw, but WTH, chuck it bro', only positive things can come from it...................for the other team. 

1 minute ago, Fixxxer said:

the guy is trash, it's probably too late in his career that he shouldn't throw the ball to the far hash mark. It's quite porbable that teams are kind of waiting for him to attempt that throw, but WTH, chuck it bro', only positive things can come from it...................for the other team. 

Thing is you pump fake that throw you get a huge completion (assuming OL gives him the extra two seconds or so he would need). 

I will defend Peterman.  Under no circumstances should Daboll be calling intermediate to deep outs with him under center.  Part of being an OC and playcaller is knowing your personnel.  If you can't understand he doesn't have the arm to get it there, you are an incompetent idiot.

Calling the same plays for Allen and Petey is a fool's errand.  Peterman needs quick slants and balls he can throw over defenders heads.  Allen is the guy who can drive the ball 15-20 yards on the out.

Just terrible.

You can't even have Peterman on the sidelines anymore. I mean it. The other players gotta resent him.

Just having him roaming around the sidelines is bad news. It will undermine the coach, and could even divide the team (or unite the players...against the coach).

He is baaad karma.

Edited by OJ Tom
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I will defend Peterman.  Under no circumstances should Daboll be calling intermediate to deep outs with him under center.  Part of being an OC and playcaller is knowing your personnel.  If you can't understand he doesn't have the arm to get it there, you are an incompetent idiot.

Calling the same plays for Allen and Petey is a fool's errand.  Peterman needs quick slants and balls he can throw over defenders heads.  Allen is the guy who can drive the ball 15-20 yards on the out.

Just terrible.

That was about a 6-7 yard out. In no way was that a deep out. Not even close. 

And Peterman sucks at quick slants too. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and what if he STARTS next week if Josh is a "no go"?....uh oh................I'd start Anderson and let 'em hand off 45 times....................

I loved the kid...and I honestly wouldn’t let him take another snap for this team again, regardless of how many plays Anderson knows.

cut him now or cut him later I really don’t care.  He just should never see the field again in the red white and blue.

• Like (+1) 1