Is Nate Peteman the worst QB in NFL history?

bills6969

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I can't believe he's hiding behind his faith.  

Nathan Peterman: "It's Something I'll Learn From" (3:29)

Bills QB Nathan Peterman spoke to the media following the team's game vs the Texans. Peterman discussed having to come into the game after QB Josh Allen's injury and his state of mind after suffering a tough loss on the road.

This is exactly what I would have hoped he would have said. It's exactly what any Christian would have hoped to have him say. I don't know for a second what you are suggesting he said or would have wanted him to say. In fact you have a pretty comprehensive knowledge of the guy and knowing his past in college - did you expect something different?

He owned his mistake, said it was a bad read, and when asked how he keeps his head up he acknowledged that whether he wins or loses he is more than football, he is a man of God. Good for you, Nate.

Overmatched in the NFL? Sure. But to those that wanted to listen and learn instead of stand in idiotic judgement he gave a great lesson right there.

5 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Colin Kaepernick is available. Peterman should be cut. 

I'm a huge fan of Peterman as a human being. 

But not having CK on the roster to begin with is inexcusable. Actually starting Peterman - who was over his head as a 5th round rookie last year, and hadn't really stepped up in pre-season - that's just a slap in the face to not only this fan base but the entire fan base of the NFL.

Edited by Tyrod's friend

Just now, Elite Poster said:

The only reason he is still on the team is because he went to Pitt. McDermott is that type of guy. 

When I think of a QB school the last 30 years, Pitt sure ain’t on the list

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ALF said:

That nice TD pass he threw , then back to reality is frustrating .

For sure

then the D huddled and said this is Peterman 

maybe rhey hey let him get the TD to boost his confidence for the big big big fall

10 hours ago, mattynh said:

This guy kills me, he looks the part on a lot of plays but I am convinced he goes with his presnap read NO MATTER WHAT.  Which gets the ball out on time and works well for a few plays, til the defense realizes they can bait him and just take the game.

you are rightly convinced because that is exactly what he does.

8 hours ago, Tyrod's friend said:

and all the people that thought Josh Allen was capable of playing in the NFL Day 1, please also reveal themselves.

If you thought that Peterman wasn't the best QB in the preseason, you're a flaming idiot. He won the competition hands down, and it wasn't close, and Josh Allen hasn't done one thing to indicate to me YET that he can play in this league. A complete Kirk Cousins meltdown doesn't make Josh Allen a QB. 

The two things are separate. I wasn't high on Josh coming out, I thought he was incredibly raw and if he was ever an NFL QB it wouldn't be day 1 starter type..... however, I also knew beyond any doubt that you couldn't start Nathan Peterman because he just is not an NFL level player and hence Josh was the last bad option. The real question is how did the Bills get themselves in that position in the first place? Oh and I also didn't like the chances of McCarron proving adequate either. They just bungled the whole thing and a big reason why is because they had and maybe still have more confidence in Peterman than any reasonable person should have. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Foreigner said:

"It's something I'll learn from".

If Peterman ever puts on a Bills uniform again, the entire organization should pack it in.

Pegula should really step in at this point. He should say "I'm sorry guys I know you are the football professionals and I am not but this is my team and I am not willing to have that guy out there again because he is making us a laughing stock." The guys on British TV almost couldn't complete their highlights round up as they broke into a fit of giggles watching the Peterman picks "how can they keep playing this guy?"

• Sad 1

I remember there being a poster Savior Peterman here.  I’m guessing he might have changed his screen name by now. 

I think with Peterman it just comes down to the game is to fast for him to process at this level.  EJ I think had this issue too but not as bad.  

22 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The two things are separate. I wasn't high on Josh coming out, I thought he was incredibly raw and if he was ever an NFL QB it wouldn't be day 1 starter type..... however, I also knew beyond any doubt that you couldn't start Nathan Peterman because he just is not an NFL level player and hence Josh was the last bad option. The real question is how did the Bills get themselves in that position in the first place? Oh and I also didn't like the chances of McCarron proving adequate either. They just bungled the whole thing and a big reason why is because they had and maybe still have more confidence in Peterman than any reasonable person should have. 

Fair enough. You simply cannot expect a 5th round pick to be an NFL quality starter in either their first or even second year. A team that puts NP behind center, on the road, against one of the best defenses in the NFL at the time gets what it deserves.

It's absurdity; it's the same level of thinking that puts a WR coach in control of a rookie QB, or an ownership group that learned absolutely nothing about pairing a defensive HC (Rex) with a zero as an OC and then puts Brian Daboll in a room with a raw player like JA.

I grew up in NY Metro and I'm a long time fan of the Mets. Our manager put a presumably defensively talented rookie first baseman in left field, without the proper glove to play the game (oh yeah. At the same time, the guy playing first base really wasn't a 1B).

You don't have to study game tape or understand football at a D-1/pro level or watch every practice to realize when you are watching incompetence in any sport. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

That nice TD pass he threw , then back to reality is frustrating .

The thing I don't see discussed is that TD pass, right now I can't imagine Allen having made that pass and showed Zay Jones making a play when given a chance.   We have two guys who cant process anything post snap, one does not care and just throws it to the first read no matter what the other is trying to read things but cant do it fast enough to execute.

3 hours ago, Tyrod's friend said:

This is exactly what I would have hoped he would have said. It's exactly what any Christian would have hoped to have him say. I don't know for a second what you are suggesting he said or would have wanted him to say. In fact you have a pretty comprehensive knowledge of the guy and knowing his past in college - did you expect something different?

He owned his mistake, said it was a bad read, and when asked how he keeps his head up he acknowledged that whether he wins or loses he is more than football, he is a man of God. Good for you, Nate.

Overmatched in the NFL? Sure. But to those that wanted to listen and learn instead of stand in idiotic judgement he gave a great lesson right there.

I'm a huge fan of Peterman as a human being. 

But not having CK on the roster to begin with is inexcusable. Actually starting Peterman - who was over his head as a 5th round rookie last year, and hadn't really stepped up in pre-season - that's just a slap in the face to not only this fan base but the entire fan base of the NFL.

His interview was about his play as an NFL QB and the response was a weak deflection to disarm any questions about his career viability.  His beliefs are immaterial to the conversation just as they are for any other player. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

From Peter King:

Goat of the Week

Nathan Peterman, quarterback, Buffalo. Two interceptions in the final 90 seconds of a tie game in Houston, the first one giving the Texans a pick-six by Jonathan Joseph, and the second a desperado last gasp with 30 seconds left by Kareem Jackson. Texans 20, Bills 13, and Peterman’s first two NFL seasons continue to be an arduous exercise in personal torture.