Is Nate Peteman the worst QB in NFL history?

bills6969

16 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

All the people who thought this regime was so smart for starting Peterman week 1. Please reveal yourselves. 

and all the people that thought Josh Allen was capable of playing in the NFL Day 1, please also reveal themselves.

If you thought that Peterman wasn't the best QB in the preseason, you're a flaming idiot. He won the competition hands down, and it wasn't close, and Josh Allen hasn't done one thing to indicate to me YET that he can play in this league. A complete Kirk Cousins meltdown doesn't make Josh Allen a QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/14/2018 at 7:37 PM, Tyrod's friend said:

and all the people that thought Josh Allen was capable of playing in the NFL Day 1, please also reveal themselves.

If you thought that Peterman wasn't the best QB in the preseason, you're a flaming idiot. He won the competition hands down, and it wasn't close, and Josh Allen hasn't done one thing to indicate to me YET that he can play in this league. A complete Kirk Cousins meltdown doesn't make Josh Allen a QB. 

No. He didn't. He did everything we knew he could already do very well, and didn't do what he was suspect of. He didn't show he could throw a deep out. He didn't show he could throw downfield. He didn't show he could throw a consistent good slant, all of his issues that kill him. Allen in preseason showed he could throw short, medium and long, left, right and down the middle, could run and throw on the run left and right. He showed WAY more skills than Nate did. Nate showed he could do what Nate does. A bunch of us saw this and pointed it out before the first game. 

Edited by Kelly the Dog
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

No. He didn't. He did everything he knew we could already do very well, and didn't do what he was suspect of. He didn't show he could throw a deep out. He didn't show he could throw downfield. He didn't show he could throw a consistent good slant, all of his issues that kill him. Allen in preseason showed he could throw short, medium and long, left, right and down the middle, could run and throw on the run left and right. He showed WAY more skills than Nate did. Nate showed he could do what Nate does. A bunch of us saw this and pointed it out before the first game. 

That's what you wanted to see - to see talent. You wanted to see potential and Allen showed you potential.

Talent contest, no question. Talent doesn't deliver on the field, and on the field, Peterman delivered in the preseason. 

Maybe you and your friends weren't watching this game, but I was. 

"

Buffalo Bills: Josh Allen, QB. The rookie looked like an inexperienced player in the team's dress rehearsal against the Bengals. Allen was indecisive pulling the trigger and repeatedly missed the mark when he pushed the ball down the field. The No. 7 overall pick, who completed 6 of 12 passes for just 34 yards, took five sacks, and the offense failed to score a single point under his direction. With Allen openly suggesting that the speed of the game was "eye-opening," the Bills might want to take their time before thrusting No. 17 onto the field. Grade: D

Edited by Tyrod's friend

7 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

That's what you wanted to see - to see talent. You wanted to see potential and Allen showed you potential.

Talent contest, no question. Talent doesn't deliver on the field, and on the field, Peterman delivered in the preseason. 

Maybe you and your friends weren't watching this game, but I was. 

"

Buffalo Bills: Josh Allen, QB. The rookie looked like an inexperienced player in the team's dress rehearsal against the Bengals. Allen was indecisive pulling the trigger and repeatedly missed the mark when he pushed the ball down the field. The No. 7 overall pick, who completed 6 of 12 passes for just 34 yards, took five sacks, and the offense failed to score a single point under his direction. With Allen openly suggesting that the speed of the game was "eye-opening," the Bills might want to take their time before thrusting No. 17 onto the field. Grade: D

My point was Nate didn't show at all he had potential. He did what we already knew he could do. And he did it well. So what. We needed to see that he could do the things we didn't think he could do and he didn't. Fans were bamboozled by stats. He NEVER did a thing that showed he had a good arm or could make all the throws. And I said here during OTAs that my biggest fear was that Peterman was going to look good in practice and preseason and McDermott was going to be fooled. And that's exactly what happened. It was obvious. 

6 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

lol that was alot of effort wasted on a person who isnt a Peterman fan,  or his father......

simply reacted to a thread where nothing but negativity would rear its ugly head.    exactly what we need less of here.

i get it though, some of u need a place to show how snarky you are about nearly everything,  that way u can feel better about yourselves.

nice try tho.

It's a written note to Mr. Peterman, not you. Think of it as a creative letter for our entertainment and not a shot at you. 

And it was funny and truthful. Why should I feel bad about a guy making 100s of thousands being god awful at his job? I'm envious of Nate.

3 hours ago, Cugalabanza said:

And I feel for the guy.  It must be hugely painful to face all the ridicule.  

I don't. Annoyed he makes an insane amount of money for being so ungodly incompetent. Envious actually. Otherwise Totally agree with your post. It's almost as if McD trots him out there as an inside joke to himself. "Well game's over, y'all wanna see something funny?" Or he's tormented him for no reason by not releasing him.

This will be front page ESPN crap. Again.

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

My point was Nate didn't show at all he had potential. He did what we already knew he could do. And he did it well. So what. We needed to see that he could do the things we didn't think he could do and he didn't. Fans were bamboozled by stats. He NEVER did a thing that showed he had a good arm or could make all the throws. And I said here during OTAs that my biggest fear was that Peterman was going to look good in practice and preseason and McDermott was going to be fooled. And that's exactly what happened. It was obvious. 

No argument. Even though I believed NP should have started the regular season, I never believed he could make all the throws - only that timing and anticipation can make up for speed. Not to bring up a sore point, but Drew Brees has done a pretty good job of proving that idea.

But because of he didn't show potential, he didn't lose the competition. Josh Allen needed to win the competition and he clearly didn't, and what you've seen since the Bengals game also has been a repetition of more of the same. No QB evolved and it seemed as if AJM digressed. Perhaps saying NP won is an overstatement - Josh Allen lost the competition. NP never revealed his weakness but Allen sure did.

Now, I can't say that I'm surprised. You put the kid in a room without a veteran voice, give him a WR coach as his position coach, and have an OC that is looking for mismatches instead of see/react, and you get what you get.

Cheers, sir.

55 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I'll own it.  I said the team should start Peterman, because Allen was going to get hurt behind this line.

...what happened to Allen today, remind me?

Pinball effect

tip of the hat he went another play but maybe he wasn’t thinking straight 

17 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

No argument. Even though I believed NP should have started the regular season, I never believed he could make all the throws - only that timing and anticipation can make up for speed. Not to bring up a sore point, but Drew Brees has done a pretty good job of proving that idea.

But because of he didn't show potential, he didn't lose the competition. Josh Allen needed to win the competition and he clearly didn't, and what you've seen since the Bengals game also has been a repetition of more of the same. No QB evolved and it seemed as if AJM digressed. Perhaps saying NP won is an overstatement - Josh Allen lost the competition. NP never revealed his weakness but Allen sure did.

Now, I can't say that I'm surprised. You put the kid in a room without a veteran voice, give him a WR coach as his position coach, and have an OC that is looking for mismatches instead of see/react, and you get what you get.

Cheers, sir.

Cool. That's a good response. But again it's missing the point. He didn't win the QB competition to me and others. At all. He maybe would have if we saw that he could could what we were convinced he couldn't do. And those things prevented him from EVER being good. So I don't understand why Bills fans, people here, and Bills coaches could not see that. Most of the long time or best posters here never jumped on that bandwagon. It had nothing whatsoever to do with potential. We were sure that he had ZERO potential unless he showed what he had never ever showed. So to me and others he never clearly won the job. To me, Josh Allen clearly won the job. And I and others said it before the first game. He shouldn't be in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Won the competition hands down? Were you at every practice? In the meeting rooms? Did you see what throws and coverages he was best and worst against? Did you see how he progressed within the scheme? 

What a bull **** comment. You saw 4 preseason games, you my friend, are a complete and utter imbecile. It took 2 quarters of NFL football for his bum ass to get benched. Won competition my ass. I attended a few practices and it was clear he was the worst; however, I'm just a fan so I trusted their judgement. Their judgement sucks. Stop giving the benefit of the doubt. He fooled this regime by making safe plays in practice where there was no pressure or pass rush. 

The mistake these guys made was evaluating Peterman's capabilities based on what he was doing in pre-season football games, and you never judge anything based on pre-season football games, other than maybe the level of greed of the owners.

We needed a capable, playable QB on the roster and Peterman was not it.  

This administration thought he was.

That's a huge mistake.

• Like (+1) 2

I can't believe he's hiding behind his faith.  

Nathan Peterman: "It's Something I'll Learn From" (3:29)

Bills QB Nathan Peterman spoke to the media following the team's game vs the Texans. Peterman discussed having to come into the game after QB Josh Allen's injury and his state of mind after suffering a tough loss on the road.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

I'll own it.  I said the team should start Peterman, because Allen was going to get hurt behind this line.

...what happened to Allen today, remind me?

Super weird.... DC Tom slithered his way off of PPP to toot his own horn... I can’t believe it!!!!

Thanks to Beane and McDermott for having the worst QB in NFL history.

These Bill players want to win now. So having stripped the roster of talent, and I am not only talking the Offense,

(for draft choices) to tank the season, and having the worst QB in NFL history, undoes whatever good Beane and

McDermott have brought to the Bills.

Making Peterman pay his way home, would show some ba---, but maybe that is what the Bills need.

TT got run out of town, but Peterman stays.

Thanks Beane and McDermott, for nothing.

• Like (+1) 1