Is Nate Peteman the worst QB in NFL history?

bills6969

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

I will defend Peterman.  Under no circumstances should Daboll be calling intermediate to deep outs with him under center.  Part of being an OC and playcaller is knowing your personnel.  If you can't understand he doesn't have the arm to get it there, you are an incompetent idiot.

Calling the same plays for Allen and Petey is a fool's errand.  Peterman needs quick slants and balls he can throw over defenders heads.  Allen is the guy who can drive the ball 15-20 yards on the out.

Just terrible.

If you look at the play, the CB played it perfectly and Peterman made it easy for him.  The CB saw Nate look right at KB, saw him wind up to throw and the CB broke on the ball immediately. Easy play.  It wasn't arm strength that caused it.  It was easily recognized and well timed by the CB.  If any QB makes that same look and throw on that play it's a pick.  Peterman makes it even a bit easier as he has a tendency to throw while still backing up or without really fully stepping into the throw which he also did on this play.  It looks like he's so determined to throw the ball quickly that he doesn't give himself the best mechanics to get more velocity. 

It's hard to imagine Nate being on the roster come Wednesday.  It's just too risky playing him.  Maybe after working more on his mechanics and decision making he gets a shot somewhere as a depth QB next year.

He's an idiot.  He had no business ever throwing a 10-yard out again after the first pick-six, much less the 2nd, 3rd, 4th...

Anderson better get that playbook down ASAP.  Peterman needs to be gone tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, keepthefaith said:

If you look at the play, the CB played it perfectly and Peterman made it easy for him.  The CB saw Nate look right at KB, saw him wind up to throw and the CB broke on the ball immediately. Easy play.  It wasn't arm strength that caused it.  It was easily recognized and well timed by the CB.  If any QB makes that same look and throw on that play it's a pick.  Peterman makes it even a bit easier as he has a tendency to throw while still backing up or without really fully stepping into the throw which he also did on this play.  It looks like he's so determined to throw the ball quickly that he doesn't give himself the best mechanics to get more velocity. 

It's hard to imagine Nate being on the roster come Wednesday.  It's just too risky playing him.  Maybe after working more on his mechanics and decision making he gets a shot somewhere as a depth QB next year.

While you were absolutely right about virtually all of that his arm strength really was the problem. Because every DB in the league that has watched film knows it. And Joseph knew it before the play. So he was looking to jump the route before it even materialized, which is clear. And his knowledge of the weak arm is what made him think he could do it. Which is why Peterman should have never been in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

As of a few weeks ago, he was, I believe, the 3rd worst QB out of all QBs who have played in the league (beyond a floor of a few games) since the new millennium, I think it was.

He was like 385 out or 388 or something like that.

We need the biographies of 386-388; am genuinely curious. NP should have pulled a hammy after the TD throw, then left everyone scratching their heads in here wondering what if he did suddenly get his head on straight?? Now that would’ve been something.

4 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

He needs to see a sports psychiatrist. I think he just chokes under pressure. But he is likely done as an NFL qb

we said that last time

4 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

!@#$ Nathan peterman and his entire family 

now that's just unnecessary.  

Best of luck to him in whatever he does that is not being a Bills QB.

4 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

I'd release him next week. Guy guy but release him to save himself from embarresment. Foreveryone. Start Derek QB2 if Allen not healthy

next week? How bout tonight?

Wish him well but he needs to go.

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Can’t put him back out there. Would 100% lose the team.

and yet … here we are

55 minutes ago, Knicks&Bills said:

No need to mock the guy for his religious beliefs. If you don’t believe in religon, cool that your thing. I guess in this day and age it’s okay to be a religious bigot

To be clear, I have zero problem with Peterman believing whatever he wants to believe, and I agree people shouldn't mock him for it. My problem was McDermott citing Peterman's strong faith as a reason why he was still around. If someone's religious belief is grounds for keeping someone on the roster, the Bills might as well line up next week with Pope Francis under center.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

All the people who thought this regime was so smart for starting Peterman week 1. Please reveal yourselves. 

I'll own it.  I said the team should start Peterman, because Allen was going to get hurt behind this line.

...what happened to Allen today, remind me?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

It just blows my mind that this regime thought that the ACTUAL worst QB in NFL history was good enough to start here. 

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I'll own it.  I said the team should start Peterman, because Allen was going to get hurt behind this line.

He needs to throw the damn ball.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Me, too. I already owned up to this after Game 1. Elite Poster is merely trying to distract us from the horrendous Josh Allen. Josh Allen sucks, too.

• Like (+1) 1