Is Nate Peteman the worst QB in NFL history?

bills6969

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

You must have been drinking a lot. I just rewatched it. The ball was snapped at the 25. Joseph caught it at the 28-29. It was a four yard pass at the longest. 

Whoops, my bad. I was in the middle of chanting "no picks no picks no picks" in my prayer circle.  God is dead.

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I will defend Peterman.  Under no circumstances should Daboll be calling intermediate to deep outs with him under center.  Part of being an OC and playcaller is knowing your personnel.  If you can't understand he doesn't have the arm to get it there, you are an incompetent idiot.

Calling the same plays for Allen and Petey is a fool's errand.  Peterman needs quick slants and balls he can throw over defenders heads.  Allen is the guy who can drive the ball 15-20 yards on the out.

Just terrible.

Know thyself, said the lord.

If, after throwing 5 picks on that same !@#$ing pattern, you don't learn that you shouldn't be attempting such pass, you don't belong on a football field. Call an audible to a run, but don't try to attempt a pass that you know you don't have the arm strength to complete it. 

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Yes.  No question.  And the coach and GM who keep trotting him out there have revealed themselves to be two of the worst pro personnel evaluators in the history of the NFL.

Cutting Peterman tomorrow solves nothing. He should've been released and replaced with someone like Anderson after week 1.  Why do they keep hanging on to a player who has no business in the NFL.  We wasted today one of the best defensive performances in Bill's history. The offense & ST should be ashamed of themselves. 

The reason he looks so bad is that he keeps getting thrown out there by McDermott. Any other QB would have been cut and been bagging groceries by the end of last season. Not with Peterman, for some reason.

In fact, my money's on him starting next week.

Edited by vincec

19 minutes ago, vincec said:

Any other QB would have been cut and been bagging groceries by the end of last season. Not with Peterman, for some reason.

Agreed.  It’s baffling how a marginal player, who has never shown anything to distinguish himself or been impressive at all in his position, has been handed so many chances!

He’s been so memorably bad on multiple occasions.  And it’s not like there’s some great promise there, or that he represents a huge investment or that there’s any reason to believe that he “just needs more time” or anything like that.

i just can’t fathom why he’s still here.  And I feel for the guy.  It must be hugely painful to face all the ridicule.  Most guys who aren’t good enough for the nfl just sort of quietly fade away as a training camp casualty.  It’s unusual to see these terrible performances get repeated.  I think it does say something about the state of the Bills organization at this point.  It just reeks of Amateur Hour.

Edited by Cugalabanza
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cugalabanza said:

Agreed.  It’s baffling how a marginal player, who has never shown anything to distinguish himself or Ben impressive at all in his position, has been handed so many chances!

He’s been so memorably bad on multiple occasions.  And it’s not like there’s some great promise there, or that he represents a huge investment or that there’s any reason to believe that he “just needs more time” or anything like that.

i just can’t fathom why he’s still here.  And I feel for the guy.  It must be hugely painful to face all the ridicule.  Most guys who aren’t good enough for the nfl just sort of quietly fade away as a training camp casualty.  It’s unusual to see these terrible performances get repeated.  I think it does say something about the state of the Bills organization at this point.  It just reeks of Amateur Hour.

The love he gets from this coaching staff and some fans is unbelievable considering he has done nothing to deserve any of it. He was a 5rh rounder for a reason. I dont think his own family has that much faith in him as the coaching staff does

• Like (+1) 2

McDermott needs to sit Peterman down and have a talk:  Nate...I know we're both men of faith.  I think God might be trying to tell you something.  I don't think you're quite meant for this game.  You've had more hints than Moses for crying out loud.  What was your major in college?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, jkeerie said:

McDermott needs to sit Peterman down and have a talk:  Nate...I know we're both men of faith.  I think God might be trying to tell you something.  I don't think you're quite meant for this game.  You've had more hints than Moses for crying out loud.  What was your major in college?  

It may be simpler. It could be that McD finally comes to his senses and says, "Nate, I truly believed God loves you but he hates you."