Is Nate Peteman the worst QB in NFL history?

bills6969

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think everyone understood what I was doing there. 

I was just joking, I know what you're doing. I got a warning for saying " I'd be inclined to call you an idiot"

Not blaming the moderators at all. Hapless does an amazing job, I just think it's hilarious you can't even say you're an idiot anymore without someone reporting it.

I think you're both great posters, even though we've had disagreements.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

If you're working on a record, you have to stay on top of your craft at all times.

It's a legitimate question to say how can we "trust the process" when that process includes Nathan Peterman. I have good reason to believe that if Nathan made hotdogs and opened a hotdog stand he would call it "Peterman's."

• Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You're an idiot. 

Look, maybe you’re a really nice guy. No idea. 

Peterman is terrible. I know it. You know it. He probably knows it. I’m sure he is at the lowest point in his life. He answered a question honestly and clearly has some sort of faith in his life that’s important to him. Nothing he said blamed his performance on God or his faith. He basically was saying at this lowest moment he is trusting in his faith to help him through. I don’t think it was a good look either but I’m not going to make fun of the guy or people that have faith. 

He comes across as a genuine, humble person. You come across as an arrogant prick. 

So so before you start acting in an angry and a condescending way because he mentioned he as some religion he believes in, you may want to think about why it’s necessary to reflexively mock that and understand how much of an a-hole it makes you appear to be. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Why doesn't anyone in the press just !@#$ing crush McDermott for keeping this guy on the team? 

Simply ask him, why the !@#$ is Peterman still here?

You know what, I was thinking the same. I used to be a journalist and I did lots of soccer post game pressers and sometimes you just have to ask the elephant in the room question. 

Just now, dubs said:

Look, maybe you’re a really nice guy. No idea. 

Peterman is terrible. I know it. You know it. He probably knows it. I’m sure he is at the lowest point in his life. He answered a question honestly and clearly has some sort of faith in his life that’s important to him. Nothing he said blamed his performance on God or his faith. He basically was saying at this lowest moment he is trusting in his faith to help him through. I don’t think it was a good look either but I’m not going to make fun of the guy or people that have faith. 

He comes across as a genuine, humble person. You come across as an arrogant prick. 

So so before you start acting in an angry and a condescending way because he mentioned he as some religion he believes in, you may want to think about why it’s necessary to reflexively mock that and understand how much of an a-hole it makes you appear to be. 

I find people who need to tell me how religious they are equally prickish. If you think that makes me a bad person that is your choice. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Why doesn't anyone in the press just !@#$ing crush McDermott for keeping this guy on the team? 

Simply ask him, why the !@#$ is Peterman still here?

They have absolutely asked that. What exactly do you think you stand to gain from that question?

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

You know what, I was thinking the same. I used to be a journalist and I did lots of soccer post game pressers and sometimes you just have to ask the elephant in the room question. 

I would have a lot more respect for McD if on Monday he said, "After further review, the play was confirmed."

1 hour ago, unclepete said:

Hahahahaha, you gotta love it. Just as much as you have to love people who try to justify Allen’s struggle this year 

Allen's struggles are justifiable (In a sense that he should be expected to struggle if put in this position.) If the Bills kept AJ or Tyrod and they were competent but got hurt and Allen was forced in and he looked like this I wouldn't think Allen is a bust or has no future. Allen was a raw prospect coming out and is surrounded by some lackluster talent. Its understandable that Allen would perform this way.

What isn't understandable is why this coaching staff got fooled by Nathan Peterman not once but twice. What isn't defend-able is why they took until week 5 to sign a veteran backup when by week 2 it was clear that Peterman might not be good enough to start in the CFL. This coaching staff has an absurd loyalty to Peterman whose greatest accomplishment is the dude looked good in pre-season. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Bruce Mathison was eye-wateringly bad.

Watching Peterman, you know on every play there's a good chance he's going to do something painfully stupid.  But watching Mathison, you were never even sure there was a chance he'd do something competent.

By the way, if anyone doubts this, check out Mathison's "highlight reel" on YouTube.  Half a dozen passes, two hand-offs (which they explicitly cite as highlights of his being "an accomplished ball handler"), three scrambles, two interceptions by the Bills defense, and includes the line "But what makes Mathison special is his unpredictability" and cites his "recklessness" as a strength.  :lol:

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Allen's struggles are justifiable (In a sense that he should be expected to struggle if put in this position.) If the Bills kept AJ or Tyrod and they were competent but got hurt and Allen was forced in and he looked like this I wouldn't think Allen is a bust or has no future. Allen was a raw prospect coming out and is surrounded by some lackluster talent. Its understandable that Allen would perform this way.

What isn't understandable is why this coaching staff got fooled by Nathan Peterman not once but twice. What isn't defend-able is why they took until week 5 to sign a veteran backup when by week 2 it was clear that Peterman might not be good enough to start in the CFL. This coaching staff has an absurd loyalty to Peterman whose greatest accomplishment is the dude looked good in pre-season. 

Dont forget the incriminating pics of McD he must have in order to still be on a goddamned NFL roster.

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

By the way, if anyone doubts this, check out Mathison's "highlight reel" on YouTube.  Half a dozen passes, two hand-offs (which they explicitly cite as highlights of his being "an accomplished ball handler"), three scrambles, two interceptions by the Bills defense, and includes the line "But what makes Mathison special is his unpredictability" and cites his "recklessness" as a strength.  :lol:

"He is already an accomplished ball handler." Wow.

And yet: Still better than Peterman.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Mathison is before my time, so I'll defer to people who saw him play. But honestly, I don't think Peterman could've made any of those (few) completions on the "highlight" reel.