Is Nate Peteman the worst QB in NFL history?

bills6969

Quite possibly.

I'm not sure I've ever seen an NFL quarterback with such a weak arm.  No velocity.  No zip.  Everything that comes out of his hand just hangs in the air for an eternity - even on passes that are only traveling 10-15 yards in the air.  Cornerbacks keep picking off the same route, because he literally doesn't have the strength to get the ball there.

Once Derek Anderson has an understanding of the playbook, it's time to cut bait.  I just don't see us being able to salvage anything from this guy, even as a backup.  Even if he gains an understanding of the QB position on the same level as Tom Brady, he's just not physically talented to do anything with it.

• Like (+1) 2

Honestly, I don’t hate Peterman but I see no scenario that he is able to suit up for the Bills again.

He is what he is. A QB that telegraphs his passes and is not NFL caliber.

To answer the OP’s question, yeah....I think he is at least the worst to play for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

I know Peterman is a religious guy, and religious guys (like Warner) always thank God when they play well. Do they blame God when they play badly, or is it just a test to see how they deal with it? Personally I'd deal with it by no longer believing in God. I wonder how Peterman deals with it?

Also, I remember hearing during training camp he said he wanted to be a GM when his career was over. So I guess he might be in our front office on Tuesday. 

1 minute ago, mjt328 said:

Quite possibly.

I'm not sure I've ever seen an NFL quarterback with such a weak arm.  No velocity.  No zip.  Everything that comes out of his hand just hangs in the air for an eternity - even on passes that are only traveling 10-15 yards in the air.  Cornerbacks keep picking off the same route, because he literally doesn't have the strength to get the ball there.

Once Derek Anderson has an understanding of the playbook, it's time to cut bait.  I just don't see us being able to salvage anything from this guy, even as a backup.  Even if he gains an understanding of the QB position on the same level as Tom Brady, he's just not physically talented to do anything with it.

12 yr olds have stronger arms

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Iverwig said:

For the life of me I do not understand why Peterman is still on the roster. He should have been cut after the first game. He must have some dirt on somebody in the organization. 

The plan was probably to get through another week or two, activate Anderson and quietly put Peterman on practice squad. Then release him when no one is paying attention. Having to play Peterman in an NFL game was inexcusable but you kind of knew it would happen. 

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

I know Peterman is a religious guy, and religious guys (like Warner) always thank God when they play well. Do they blame God when they play badly, or is it just a test to see how they deal with it? Personally I'd deal with it by no longer believing in God. I wonder how Peterman deals with it?

Also, I remember hearing during training camp he said he wanted to be a GM when his career was over. So I guess he might be in our front office on Tuesday. 

Really?

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Quite possibly.

Could care less if Anderson has the playbook, I'd rather have rotating  7 scripted plays than what we had today

• Thank you (+1) 1