Bills vs. Texans Postgame - Great Defensive Effort Goes to Waste

5 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

that was a very weak reply. you think josh would have come in under that amount of points and won?

Hi redneck.  I think Allen would NOT have thrown a pick six followed by another pick to seal the game.  This is Peterman 's MO.  Get over it.  Your guy Peterman will never be good.

2 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Yeah for some reason this game just stung more than the others. Honest to Christ, they just waited for that sideline pass for the pick-6 cuz everybody knew it was coming, me included. What's doubly frustrating is that the o-line didn't do terribly, we had a run game, and still p*** poor play from the quarterback position. 

It hurt more than usual because we're wasting an elite defense.  All those third and short plays were covered perfectly and Watson just took sack after sack.

I just...CAN'T EVEN. And McDermott, gives Peterman a pat on the butt and what must have been positive words, on his way off the field? No. There is no "that's ok Tiger, you'll get em next time" even remotely appropriate here. You walk your azz to the sideline and you get silence. This is not your line of work. I don't know how he even gets on the plane. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Peterman’s faith explains those passes...

When you're that demoralized and you knew you let your whole team down including a ridiculously good defensive performance, I might be looking to the heavens too.  Probably not the best thing to say in that situation though.

The tell for me about Nate Peterman’s failure so far... is he expressed no appropriate emotion... He should have been angry at himself in that interview... not nonplused and unperturbed... I’m all for faith... but he needs to look in the mirror... and take some responsibility...

nate came in and drove the bills to the only td (perfect pass). yes he threw a couple of bad balls trying to make something happen, but at least he didn't run twenty yards backwards and take a sack. i was on the backing allen train, but he was 7th overall and nate was a 5th....and not counting his picks, nate's still a much better passer. i'm not crusading for nate, just pointing out the state of things qb wise.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That does not bode well for Peterman or Ray Ray.

...any idea what took so long?.....was McBeane a "tad trigger happy" dumping AJ for that coveted, envious "5th"?.............bet Cordy Glenn wouldn't look too bad now healthy on the left side either.....DOUBLE GAFFE............

That’s probably it for Peterman.

Can’t help but feel bad for him.  There is probably an alternate universe where he gets drafted by a good team and doesn’t have to play any meaningful minutes for years, and develops into a capable backup.

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...any idea what took so long?.....was McBeane a "tad trigger happy" dumping AJ for that coveted, envious "5th"?.............bet Cordy Glenn wouldn't look too bad now healthy on the left side either.....DOUBLE GAFFE............

Peterman lasted so long because they had to replace him. Same reason he might even last a little longer if Allen is injured unless they bring someone else in.