Bills vs. Texans Postgame - Great Defensive Effort Goes to Waste

38 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Never said that, but to blame it all on a backup QB who came into the game behind, instead of the stagnant offense for 3 quarters is simplistic.

down and distance?  time left? feel the need to make something happen?  threw at the wrong guy? who lead the team downfield and threw a td pass today?. .

kb would be public enemy no. one right now if not for nate peterman. the flags killed this team today. vegas payback.

...could we be seeing the effects of the azz backwards hiring hierachy at OBD?.....oddly, McDermott was hired first as HC........and Beane was next.......was it subject to McDermott's approval/selection?....plenty of comments how McDermott is an Andy disciple and idolizes him....does he also idolize the fact that ANdy is GM, HC AND Director of Personnel and expect the SAME power as a neophyte not even wet behind the HC ears yet?....hate to bring up the name, but he sure looks like "Jauron Ball".....a/k/a somebody else takes care of the offense and Daboll is an OC greenhorn.....I'm probably over the top here and not reading things right, but if McDermott DOES have that much power, we could see more of the same personnel wise on the horizon......with 10 picks in 2019 and $$$ in FA dollars, better get it straightened out ASAP........just a thought...

I loved how the refs were paying acute attention to our formations and calling those huge penalties for the most innocuous error of position. Yet the idiot officials somehow miss a double late hit on Josh Allen with one Texan player leading his helmet into Allen's chest and another smacking high in his raised arm which is so hard that causes him injury. Even after all their ridiculous over protections for other QBs around the league in previous games!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Yes you could say that but you would be wrong.  Allen was garbage today but never as detrimental to the team as Peterman was.  Seriously are you related to Peterman? I ask because it seams insane that an impartial viewer would defend a QB who has 4 or so ints in 2 to 3 quarters of play this year...oh and he threw 5...FIVE...in one half last year.

that was a very weak reply. you think josh would have come in under that amount of points and won?

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Give me a break!

All he should be saying right now is that he has good people skills, he works well with others, and he takes great pride in going above and beyond.......because he has job interviews he's going to need to go to outside of football.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, longtimebillsfan said:

It all depends on Allen.  If he is out, we will need two qbs.  If that is the case, get Anderson ready to start and hope he can finish the game.  If Allen can play cut Petterman asap.

cut Peterman regardless and bring someone else in.  Is Landry Jones available?   

Peterman can be on the practice squad since he is allegedly fantastic in practice.  

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

All he should be saying right now is that he has good people skills, he works well with others, and he takes great pride in going above and beyond.......because he has job interviews he's going to need to go to outside of football.

Sad but I don’t think he will ever be able to be taken serious at a game I know he loves. Wish he could of won that game, Allen come back and Nate can retire after the season. 

2 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Aint it a B word? D played lights out and ST/O continues to be one steaming pile of cow dung. 

Yeah for some reason this game just stung more than the others. Honest to Christ, they just waited for that sideline pass for the pick-6 cuz everybody knew it was coming, me included. What's doubly frustrating is that the o-line didn't do terribly, we had a run game, and still p*** poor play from the quarterback position. 

32 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

So then the real blame is on Beane and McDermott.

They suck too.....but again....take off the man love blinders....your QB Peterman is the worst i and probably most have seen in many many years.....been following this team since Kelly and downright the worst this team has had.....

3 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

that was a very weak reply. you think josh would have come in under that amount of points and won?

I don't know they got great field position two times so he probably would of at least gotten it to 9 just a point behind. Definitely would of liked to see him in that last drive with time running down.

• Like (+1) 1

GAME RECAP: Late score pushes Texans past Bills

wl0vbqgq3nyj3joiahxs.jpg

Regular season records: Buffalo (2-4), Houston (3-3)

In a nutshell:

Buffalo’s defensive front played its best game of the season in Week 6, taking Houston quarterback Deshaun Watson down six times. Unfortunately, a late pick-six cost the team a victory, as the Bills lost the game by a score of 20-13.

Josh Allen played well in the game, completing 10 of 17 passes for 84 yards. The rookie injured his throwing arm in the third quarter. Sophomore Nathan Peterman entered the game in relief of Allen, completing six passes and even finding Zay Jones in the end zone. Peterman also threw two interceptions.

Buffalo’s defense played well enough to win the game, keeping Houston to 216 net yards. The unit picked Watson off twice and forced three fumbles. Kyle Williams was a menace on Sunday, totaling two sacks and one forced fumble.

With the loss, the Bills fell to 2-4 on the season.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

cut Peterman regardless and bring someone else in.  Is Landry Jones available?   

Peterman can be on the practice squad since he is allegedly fantastic in practice.  

I agree with you.   Any available quarterback is better than Peterman.   Cut him once Anderson is up to speed.