Bills vs. Texans Postgame - Great Defensive Effort Goes to Waste

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Benjamin doesn’t fight for most passes.   Did he even try to tackle the guy?

NO way Benjamin could have tackled that guy, he has a step on him and he is too too slow.

Edited by CSBill

1 minute ago, PastaJoe said:

I’m saying blame the whole offense; Allen, the OL, and the WRs for being so anemic that they had to depend on a backup to win for them. Peterman didn’t only get them 2FGs over 3 quarters.

Right he got them 0 (7-7=0) not to mention his second which ended the game.

27 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I for one will, Peterman sucks, stinks, and should be cut asap. A waste of a roster space. 

Benjamin's route was a curl and sit.  Ball is supposed to be there when he turns.  The pass was late and short. Joseph caught it well out of Benjamin's reach.  Flat footed there not much he could have done.  Peterman is way over his head and should never walk on to a NFL field as a player again.

1 minute ago, PastaJoe said:

I’m saying blame the whole offense; Allen, the OL, and the WRs for being so anemic that they had to depend on a backup to win for them. Peterman didn’t only get them 2FGs over 3 quarters.

Yeah.  And I am saying Peterman !@#$ed the whole team and pissed the game away.  End of the day he had the ball 2 times at the end and first gave away the lead and then gave away the game.  Single handedly.  Peterman lost this game.

Easy to blame Peterman and he needs to go, he is bad, nothing has changed with that.  We all know he should be cut but here we are with an injured Josh Allen and a 3rd strung QB with ONE WEEK of experience with the team.  We are not in any way ready to play next week with Allen out.  This goes back to bad decisions Front Office made before training camp started, during camp, during preseason, and on.  Our QB situation is a disaster. 

The Offensive Coordinator is very underwhelming.  The lack of sharpness by the offense, the multiple illegal formation calls, the bad route running, drops, missed blocks, the overall poor execution, the inability to stick to the running game … these things cost us the game as much as Peterman.

Don't get me started on the punt team.   OK, how about a fumbled punt, a blocked punt, holding on the coverage team, holding on the return team …  The fact that we led 13-10 with three minutes left was a miracle and a lot of LUCK. 

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

How about some blame for the OL who let Allen get beat up all game, and Allen for not stepping up in pocket or throwing ball away sooner, and WRs for not getting open.  That’s not on Peterman.

Allen wasn't beat up all game and he got rid of the ball mostly on time today. Do you watch?

The loss is most certainly on Peterman. Like all of it.

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Yeah.  And I am saying Peterman !@#$ed the whole team and pissed the game away.  End of the day he had the ball 2 times at the end and first gave away the lead and then gave away the game.  Single handedly.  Peterman lost this game.

And they were losing when he came in, so I could say Allen lost the game by never giving them a lead.

16 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

I blame Benjamin for not breaking back to the ball. He’s lazy.

Can't disagree that KB had displayed laziness, hell there's a report he wouldn't work with Allen pre-game.  But c'mon man, NP has shown with uncanny consistency he cannot make that out throw in the NFL.  CB's have too much time to break on that noodle armed throw, and let's face it, this isn't the first, or second, etc. time we've seen this end result.  McD and his man love for NP has to end.  Tonight.

Just now, Domdab99 said:

lol religion

well i dunno gotta blame it on something i suppose......dont know what to say anymore really......Peterman is so beyond bad its mind boggling......maybe he mentioned the almighty to try to squeak back into the coaches good books to speak.......I can see this team trotting this bumbling QB out there again next week.........well after they watch the film of course.....

2 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

And they were losing when he came in, so I could say Allen lost the game by never giving them a lead.

Peterman has no business playing in the NFL

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SlowMotionRider said:

Peterman, penalties, Gaines,  they could not have tried harder to give this game away.  Fans need to voice their displeasure loudly with this offense the next game.  McDermott needs to hear it live and in his ear.

How they gonna do that in their 5th road game, out of the first seven?  We might not be good, but the NFL sure didn't do us any scheduling favors.

5 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Yes you could say that but you would be wrong.  Allen was garbage today but never as detrimental to the team as Peterman was.  Seriously are you related to Peterman? I ask because it seams insane that an impartial viewer would defend a QB who has 4 or so ints in 2 to 3 quarters of play this year...oh and he threw 5...FIVE...in one half last year.

Edited by Johnnycage46

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Yes you could say that but you would be wrong.  Allen was garbage today but never as detrimental to the team as Peterman was.  Seriously are you related to Peterman? I ask because it seams insane that an impartial viewer would defend a QB has 4 or so ints in 2 to 3 quarters of play this years....oh and he threw 5...FIVE...in one half last year.

I said before, he’s not the only one at fault, you have to look at the offense before he came in. Why did it have to come down to Peterman in the 4th quarter.