Josh Allen injury: “Week-to-Week” with elbow sprain; Returned to practice 11/2

YoloinOhio

I hate this.  Hopefully we look back in a few months and realize it was nothing, but the conflicting reports are unnerving.

I don’t mind him having some time off for awhile, though.  It should benefit as long as he fully recovers.

i don’t know or even care who is available - they HAVE to sign someone.  Make Romo an offer.  Even Fouts.

8 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Yes, this is it. A tear in the tendon does not usually mean there’s some type of full tear like an incision made by scissors. You are absolutely right. Also, these tears typically heal with rest and rehab. I would imagine Josh, given his youth and natural recovery ability might heal pretty quickly and be as good as new.But, as a fan I get the concern and I have a little bit of it, also.

I think concern is certainly warranted.  Unjustified panic is not

26 minutes ago, Success said:

I hate this.  Hopefully we look back in a few months and realize it was nothing, but the conflicting reports are unnerving.

I don’t mind him having some time off for awhile, though.  It should benefit as long as he fully recovers.

i don’t know or even care who is available - they HAVE to sign someone.  Make Romo an offer.  Even Fouts.

There aren’t any conflicting reports 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Has @Doc or @Mr. WEO offered any comments?

Oh hello!  Just wandered through this thread and laughing at its arc from, "lose the locker room" to "Tommy John surgery"!!

In the end, it's a sprain and back in a few weeks.

My favorite part is the David Chao love.  This guy is a drunk, a pull pusher/addict, and, worst of all I think: an absolute hack as a surgeon.  Gruesome complications.  Totally discredited.  A pariah in his field--and justifiably so.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

PRP (platlet rich plasma) injections will be used here, 3-6 weeks of treatment, rest, rehab and he will be healed. 

If his elbow doesn’t respond to treatment then surgery would be needed, but no reason to expect that he wouldn’t. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/27552453/

PRP?  Might as well just inject vaporized $100 bills into the wounded area.  Total voodoo.  I don't agree with many insurance coverage exclusions, but this one is legit.   No solid studies back up the use of this stuff and no one knows exactly how it might work, even if it did.  It appeals to rich athletes without obvious surgically correctable problems.  Often they have to leave the country to get this therapy..

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Oh hello!  Just wandered through this thread and laughing at its arc from, "lose the locker room" to "Tommy John surgery"!!

In the end, it's a spartan and back in a few weeks.

My favorite part is the David Chao love.  This guy is a drunk, a pull pusher/addict, and, worst of all I think: an absolute hack as a surgeon.  Gruesome complications.  Totally discredited.  A pariah in his field--and justifiably so.

PRP?  Might as well just inject vaporized $100 bills into the wounded area.  Total voodoo.  I don't agree with many insurance coverage exclusions, but this one is legit.   No solid studies back up the use of this stuff and no one knows exactly how it might work, even if it did.  It appeals to rich athletes without obvious surgically correctable problems.  Often they have to leave the country to get this therapy..

Isn't it like $800/injection? I mean don't get me wrong that's expensive, but cortisone's over $300 and you probably get some placebo benefit with the PRP...heck I'd go for a couple of them in the knees twice a year.

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Isn't it like $800/injection? I mean don't get me wrong that's expensive, but cortisone's over $300 and you probably get some placebo benefit with the PRP...heck I'd go for a couple of them in the knees twice a year.

If you want placebo, tell your doctor to pretend that the cortisone he/she injecting is a special "plasma" derived from your own blood, filled with healing "factors"---but tell him/her that it's ok if its really just saline, you know, to keep it cheap.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

If you want placebo, tell your doctor to pretend that the cortisone he/she injecting is a special "plasma" derived from your own blood, filled with healing "factors"---but tell him/her that it's ok if its really just saline, you know, to keep it cheap.

Double placebo! Even placebo squared...that is some next level sawbones.

Personally I go for melted Paleolithic ice cores and some tumeric. For inflammation and such. And it can actually be ingested through your mouth instead of injected. Fear of needles.