Josh Allen injury: “Week-to-Week” with elbow sprain; Returned to practice 11/2

YoloinOhio

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Sprain = partial tear 

Yikes - i worry about this given Allen’s unque high velo (best ever in nfl history, most likely) skill set. I’d get the surgery with a planned august return, but perhaps I’m overworrying. That said, as @BADOLBILZ knows, these never heal. Ever. You just hope they don’t tear more.

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

No problemo--it's worth noting that the sample size is very small though.  Only 10 QBs from 1994-2010

Yeah when you watch MLB a lot you can't listen for 3 innings without hearing about Tommy John surgery at least once...................so I'd been wondering why you just don't hear about it in football.......but only 10?   That's surprising.

Someone said it was because QB's throw less but I don't think that is the case at all.    I think they throw a ton.   Perhaps more.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah when you watch MLB a lot you can't listen for 3 innings without hearing about Tommy John surgery at least once...................so I'd been wondering why you just don't hear about it in football.......but only 10?   That's surprising.

Someone said it was because QB's throw less but I don't think that is the case at all.    I think they throw a ton.   Perhaps more.

Yeah, but see my post above about his off-the-charts velo. It was the ONLY reason he was drafted that high.  

Edited by dave mcbride

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

One of the earliest reports said “they wont rush him back”

I don’t see any reason not to play him once he’s cleared though 

Yolo.  you think we draft a QB in the first 3 rounds next year?    I could see, ideally, one of two situations: 

1.  Most ideal: Bridgewater, Allen, Vet backup. 

2.  Allen, Rookie, Vet backup. 

Oh, and a real QB coach please.   Berthard is looking decent in SF, my guess is because he has Shananan as his HC.  

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

One of the earliest reports said “they wont rush him back”

I don’t see any reason not to play him once he’s cleared though 

Agree 100%.  Now that the Bills are entering the part of their schedule where they're taking on teams with poorer defenses it would have been nice to see how Allen did.  As others have pointed out Allen has faced the toughest defenses of the 4 rookie QB's to date.  

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Yolo.  you think we draft a QB in the first 3 rounds next year?    I could see, ideally, one of two situations: 

1.  Most ideal: Bridgewater, Allen, Vet backup. 

2.  Allen, Rookie, Vet backup. 

Oh, and a real QB coach please.   Berthard is looking decent in SF, my guess is because he has Shananan as his HC.  

Maybe the 3rd? No higher

would love to have Teddy B

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Yeah, but see my post above about his off-the-charts velo. It was the ONLY reason he was drafted that high.  

Yeah.......that was the promise.........he could throw in Buffalo weather.........but in the grander scheme he could reach more of the field than anyone else........which in turn promised to open the shorter throws for him.......necessitating less precision.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah.......that was the promise.........he could throw in Buffalo weather.........but in the grander scheme he could reach more of the field than anyone else........which in turn promised to open the shorter throws for him.......necessitating less precision.

Look, I’m no expert on qb elbow surgery and the necessity of it, but this season is a lost cause and he’s a long term investment. I make him right for the long term because that ligament in all likelihood will tear eventually.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing that Allen has to sit for a few weeks. He's been thrown into the fire and now gets a chance to work on the mental part of the game without the stigma of being yanked for sucking. A Grade 2 sprain can 100% heal and will have zero effect on his arm strength long term. 

God help us all if McBeane trots Peterman out there. The sound of so many Bills Fan's heads exploding will make a Sonic boom

• Like (+1) 1