Josh Allen injury: “Week-to-Week” with elbow sprain; Returned to practice 11/2

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Our Offense will be significantly better now if Anderson plays. We still may have a look at a season here. Absolutely can win this week with DA and should have at least a chance on the Monday night game. We would have been humiliated if Allen played in that game.

You forgot what Anderson looks like, huh?

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/15/2018 at 5:14 PM, ctk232 said:

While it's easy for us to sit here and say "culley isn't the guy to coach Allen" (I've said this for one), and "Peterman should've been cut." What else should they have done?

Going into the season they thought they could sit Allen a year and focus on internally developing him. We were all fooled by the preseason and thought we'd actually be okay with Peterman. AJM turned out to not be the QB we were expecting and threw the first wrench in our QB depth chart. But we all expected Peterman to have progressed to manage the team for this year at least, and combining that with minimal cap led us into the season with two qb's on the roster, fairly average across the league. Peterman flops and forces McBeane's collective hand to start Allen. Allen performs as expected and now we're all crying out as though this would've ended up differently had Culley not been the coach, or we had more talented players, or cut Peterman and picked up another guy.

With what cap would we have been able to cut Peterman and bring on a solid back up QB? Who's even available that could fit that role AND be better than Peterman? No way we trade and waste capital for the rebuild that we are currently in. While they aren't entirely off the hook, I'm not exactly sure what else could have been done. Where it becomes a fireable offense is how they address this with all of the weapons we have in the offseason. Not many excuses can be made after that. Idc if you're the literal QB guru, no coach could make Allen serviceable in this amount of time, and he needs the year to develop at least. But to expect anything other than what we are seeing is a bit ridiculous.

They went in to the season with Allen and Peterman. 2 QBs with little to no experience...this is all on them. All the excuses are crap...no cap money...no one available...

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Shut him down until next year and name Anderson the starter the rest of the way. Play it out and see what we have going forward. At least you can evaluate the OC and WRs with Anderson.

Watch our WRs look competent allofasudden.

I mean...Zay Jones caught a TD as soon as Peterman came in...

Letting him sit out for a while is the good news in this to me.

But the fact that it's an injury that relates to throwing, and now we have to all sit and wait to see if his arm strength is affected, that is what really sucks... especially because he is Josh Allen and without the arm strength, he may not even have been a draft pick period, let alone a first rounder

Yolo, I really appreciate the work you do here, but I think it would be helpful to update your 1st post with links so that poor posters who come here for both news and chatter don't have to look through the most recent 8 hours of conversation where people are saying Allen is likely to have Tommy John's surgery and will miss all of 2019, too.

Like the link at the bottom of the OP  specifying Dr. James Andrews assessment via Tom Pelissero that it's not a full tear and that Allen won't need Tommy John's surgery would be awesome.

As for this situation, we can only deal with it and look on the bright side. First of all, the timing of getting DA seems fortuitous. Obviously we would have kept McCarron if we could see the future. We didn't, but I think 2 weeks of prep for Anderson is the better alternative than watching the worst QB in history trotted out there for the 1st half again before all hell breaks loose and he's inevitably benched. I still think we can and maybe even should win against Indy with DA.

(MNF against the Patriots is a different story--such a shame our 1st MNF game in nearly a decade in Buffalo will have either Anderson or Peterman under center)

Second of all, I think Bangarang said this earlier in the thread, but if Anderson can resemble remote competency at QB, I now think it's best for Allen to sit for the next month or so. I disagree with anyone saying Allen is already a bust and we shouldn't have drafted him because he can and has made all the throws and is also a fiery leader, but other than the Minnesota game, where he was really good (I scratch my head as to why those generally quick timing patterns with the occasional downfield shot that dominated the Vikings game haven't been replicated by Daboll since), Allen has been frustratingly inconsistent with his accuracy. Yes, I know that was the report on him coming out of college, but his accuracy during preseason and even to start the season was pretty good. The last few games he's missed wildly on too many layups.

I think he needs to sit because he might be a little overwhelmed at the moment. He's never going to admit that, but I think watching a professional who's started 47 games in the NFL over a 12 year career could be the best thing for him.

In fact, I think in retrospect Anderson over McCarron (5 NFL starts) would have been best from the beginning. Hell, maybe the Anderson to Benjamin familiarity actually propels our supposed #1 WR to show up for a game... or at least catch passes from his QB before it :flirt: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

You forgot what Anderson looks like, huh?

No. I just watched a guy who is clearly not ready, look like a deer in the headlights and throw for 82 and 84 yards in back to back games. Probably leading the most putrid offense in the modern era. I’d like to have fun watching the Bills again. Anderson can play in the league. The other 2 guys haven’t shown that they can yet.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

If the reports are accurate, it would make sense to bring him back after the bye week or wait another week and face the Dolphins. The next 5 games are going to be even worse. Not sure how McDermott and Beane keep the team tight as right now they odds are they may go winless while Allen sits. At this point it’s all about the future so no rush to throw him back into the dumpster fire on offense!

12 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yolo, I really appreciate the work you do here, but I think it would be helpful to update your 1st post with links so that poor posters who come here for both news and chatter don't have to look through the most recent 8 hours of conversation where people are saying Allen is likely to have Tommy John's surgery and will miss all of 2019, too.

Like the link at the bottom of the OP  specifying Dr. James Andrews assessment via Tom Pelissero that it's not a full tear and that Allen won't need Tommy John's surgery would be awesome.

As for this situation, we can only deal with it and look on the bright side. First of all, the timing of getting DA seems fortuitous. Obviously we would have kept McCarron if we could see the future. We didn't, but I think 2 weeks of prep for Anderson is the better alternative than watching the worst QB in history trotted out there for the 1st half again before all hell breaks loose and he's inevitably benched. I still think we can and maybe even should win against Indy with DA.

(MNF against the Patriots is a different story--such a shame our 1st MNF game in nearly a decade in Buffalo will have either Anderson or Peterman under center)

Second of all, I think Bangarang said this earlier in the thread, but if Anderson can resemble remote competency at QB, I now think it's best for Allen to sit for the next month or so. I disagree with anyone saying Allen is already a bust and we shouldn't have drafted him because he can and has made all the throws and is also a fiery leader, but other than the Minnesota game, where he was really good (I scratch my head as to why those generally quick timing patterns with the occasional downfield shot that dominated the Vikings game haven't been replicated by Daboll since), Allen has been frustratingly inconsistent with his accuracy. Yes, I know that was the report on him coming out of college, but his accuracy during preseason and even to start the season was pretty good. The last few games he's missed wildly on too many layups.

I think he needs to sit because he might be a little overwhelmed at the moment. He's never going to admit that, but I think watching a professional who's started 47 games in the NFL over a 12 year career could be the best thing for him.

In fact, I think in retrospect Anderson over McCarron (5 NFL starts) would have been best from the beginning. Hell, maybe the Anderson to Benjamin familiarity actually propels our supposed #1 WR to show up for a game... or at least catch passes from his QB before it :flirt: 

If Peterman EVER starts another game for the Bills, McDermott and Beane should be fired immediately! The kid wouldn’t even make it on a team’s PS, let alone be a backup!

Edited by TFBillsfan

On 10/14/2018 at 3:28 PM, PayDaBill$ said:

Looks like we got the worst (less ready/raw) qb in the 18 draft. Giants are gonna end up with the best back Barkley and Justin Herbert, Oregon in ‘19.

?

Wow... nice "hot" take.  Why do these folks come out of the woodwork and have initial posts like this? It is desirable to at least have some foundational posts that demonstrate some sense  of football understanding before debunking it.

11 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Yes, and given what I know about ucl tears in baseball, surgery is a strong likelihood. Tanaka is the real outlier for partial tears; most get the surgery. And even he sat for 3 months while getting platelet therapy. 

As I understand it, sprains are usually actually partial tears and they don't "heal." I bet he gets the surgery. My son (pitcher) had a sprain and couldn't throw a baseball at all for 5 months last winter. 

when I was watching him on Sunday, i saw him focusing on his forearm and he seemed to be shaking it to find feeling. Plus his first throw after the hit was wild. Numbness in the forearm and wildness are the clear signs of ucl issues.

I suppose to the rational among us it goes without saying but TJ surgery for Allen would be a really bad look for McBeane.    Pegs hates the perception of being a dumpster fire and he doesn't have to look very hard to see the choices that haven't panned out.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is the major weakness of this board. It's awful.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Lol.  

People have to to sort through dozens of copy paste twitter posts form half a dozen “experts” all saying the same thing  by a grumpy poster and you have to ask Yolo to accommodate you?

Have you asked the same of him?