Josh Allen injury: “Week-to-Week” with elbow sprain; Returned to practice 11/2

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Per the study I posted, which looked at QBs with UCL injuries: Grade 1 could be a week or two; Grade 2 could be anywhere from 3-6 weeks; Grade 3 usually 8-10 weeks

So where does Tommy John surgery fit in to this? That’s what they’re talking about on WGR.  If Dr. Andrews advises that he needs it we won’t see Josh until the summer of 2020!!  Jeez 

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

So where does Tommy John surgery fit in to this? That’s what they’re talking about on WGR.  If Dr. Andrews advises that he needs it we won’t see Josh until the summer of 2020!!  Jeez 

It doesn't right now. Consider the source.

10 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Most famous TJ name this year? Jake deGrom (best pitcher in baseball). It's tough, but it's not the end of the world. 

9 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Only 1 of the 10 QBs in the study needed surgery--it's very, very rare for a QB.

"Nine of the ten UCL injuries in Dodson’s series [28] were managed non-operatively, including three athletes who had complete tears. "

24 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Only 1 of the 10 QBs in the study needed surgery--it's very, very rare for a QB.

"Nine of the ten UCL injuries in Dodson’s series [28] were managed non-operatively, including three athletes who had complete tears. "

The thing I go back to is that Allen is that rare guy whose rep is built mostly on having arguably the strongest arm in recent NFL history. Allen with a moderately weakened arm isn't a guy you draft in the first round at all. So he might be different than, say, a Philip Rivers type whose skillset isn't based on a rocket delivery ability. Just thinking out loud here. Hopefully Allen can avoid any surgery, but he's a bit of an outlier in the arm-strength-as-an-asset category.  He may have the strongest NFL arm I've ever seen, although I know Elway had a huge arm. Jeff George and Favre too. (So did Brandon Weeden, but let's not mention him!)

EDIT: This is just insane -- .http://www.stack.com/a/josh-allen-threw-a-66-14-mph-pass-at-the-senior-bowl-no-qb-at-the-nfl-combine-has-ever-exceeded-60

Also, check this out. https://www.ourlads.com/story/default/Quarterback-Ball-Velocity-at-NFL-Combine-2008-2017/10243/dh/ . Allen hit 62 at the combine. Fastest ever.

Edited by dave mcbride

12 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

You (and your 80 total posts) will simply commit to the hysteria of the CAPS key.

BTW, nobody cares what you think.......

Well, there is that......

I used to review work product from all across the country, but I got a lot of that “all caps crap” in Mississippi and Alabama. They responded “I work for speed”. I suggested trying to communicate like an adult. I guess life is different in those parts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Wgr made a half hearted joke this morning saying something along the lines of "what if this injury causes him to lose his arm strength" and then countered it with "what if it makes him more accurate". Interesting to think about. Probably won't make any difference 

3 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen. I cursed for hours when they drafted Allen. They passed on Mahomes, Watson, and Rosen for Allen. Stupid. 

We should've sweetened the pot over what the Jets offered to have a shot at Darnold ( who will end up being the best of this class) or Rosen ( who will end up being the 2nd best). I don't even want to think about Mahomes. Makes me cry.