Josh Allen injury: “Week-to-Week” with elbow sprain; Returned to practice 11/2

YoloinOhio

Go after a QB in free agency now that we have plenty of cap space, trade or draft one again.  We missed our chance last year and waited too late in which we ended up with the leftovers (McCarron). Granted our cap space made that difficult this past year however, as much wheeling and dealing the front office has done you would've hoped for much better.  Still pains me knowing that McDermott's mentor Andy Reid moved up 17 spots to take Mahomes when they already had Alex Smith at the time and we were in DESPERATE need of a starting QB not the Chiefs but yet they pulled the trigger and now are set for the foreseeable future. We wanted to build draft capital but two franchise QB's were starring at us right in the face when we held that spot with both Mahomes and Watson being available. Imagine that conversation between Andy Reid and Coach McDermott now.......awkward!! I would've questioned who my mentor really wanted so badly that they are willing to trade all the way up and mortgage their draft picks that year and their 1st rounder the following year. I would've instantly suspected that it was for a QB and with Andy Reid being his mentor and a genuis at that I would've taken a shot on one of the two QB's in hopes of getting it right.  I could go on and on about how I believe this was mishandled including but not limited to them not protected your assets with a veteran QB or a building a better offensive line via draft or free agency. Basically, that's like buying a house or car without getting any insurance to cover it. HUGE RISK!! Draft Bosa or OT, spend in free agency on a QB and O-line or actually trade for a QB if possible and if there isn't one worth while then draft one early again until we get it right. This is a quarterback driven league and you MUST have one to win consistently. I'm still screaming GO BILLS BABY!! 

1 minute ago, One Buffalo said:

The funny/strange part of this "report" from Vic is the comment that "Allen's playing status will become clear as the week goes on..." as if it is not already clear??  Most other reports are saying he is out this week.  

He most likely is. But McD didn't rule him out yesterday, and said we were going to wait for further tests (which they just received), and it was reasonably good news. So while McD is very likely just doing this to cause some hesitation in the Colts practices thinking Allen may play, which is about as likely and as good an idea as trying to draw the Texans offsides on your own 40 yard line late in the fourth quarter (read: it's not), Vic is technically correct.

3 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

The funny/strange part of this "report" from Vic is the comment that "Allen's playing status will become clear as the week goes on..." as if it is not already clear??  Most other reports are saying he is out this week.  

Deanna Russini was the only one with that actual report, but “week to week” by McD typically does infer that 

18 minutes ago, Success said:

Who did you like in this past draft?

Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen. I cursed for hours when they drafted Allen. They passed on Mahomes, Watson, and Rosen for Allen. Stupid. 

Edited by The_Dude

10 minutes ago, Dzom003 said:

Go after a QB in free agency now that we have plenty of cap space, trade or draft one again.  We missed our chance last year and waited too late in which we ended up with the leftovers (McCarron). Granted our cap space made that difficult this past year however, as much wheeling and dealing the front office has done you would've hoped for much better.  Still pains me knowing that McDermott's mentor Andy Reid moved up 17 spots to take Mahomes when they already had Alex Smith at the time and we were in DESPERATE need of a starting QB not the Chiefs but yet they pulled the trigger and now are set for the foreseeable future. We wanted to build draft capital but two franchise QB's were starring at us right in the face when we held that spot with both Mahomes and Watson being available. Imagine that conversation between Andy Reid and Coach McDermott now.......awkward!! I would've questioned who my mentor really wanted so badly that they are willing to trade all the way up and mortgage their draft picks that year and their 1st rounder the following year. I would've instantly suspected that it was for a QB and with Andy Reid being his mentor and a genuis at that I would've taken a shot on one of the two QB's in hopes of getting it right.  I could go on and on about how I believe this was mishandled including but not limited to them not protected your assets with a veteran QB or a building a better offensive line via draft or free agency. Basically, that's like buying a house or car without getting any insurance to cover it. HUGE RISK!! Draft Bosa or OT, spend in free agency on a QB and O-line or actually trade for a QB if possible and if there isn't one worth while then draft one early again until we get it right. This is a quarterback driven league and you MUST have one to win consistently. I'm still screaming GO BILLS BABY!! 

Uhhh... what?

21 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen. I cursed for hours when they drafted Allen. They passed on Mahomes, Watson, and Rosen for Allen. Stupid. 

I guess we’ll see.  I wasn’t thrilled about Allen.  He is clearly behind the other guys at this point, but in a way, he was supposed to be.  And there are actually some things I love about his game at this point.  

I wanted Darnold.  But I honestly couldn’t say at this point who will be better in 5 years.

And I happen to trust Bean, more than hot takes a month or so into what could be a long and incredible career.

Not sure if this is already in here... 

Virtual diagnosis but could be some ‘norms’

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-josh-allen-elbow-bills-injury-1015-story,amp.html

man this is starting to Feel like EJ all over again 

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Deanna Russini was the only one with that actual report, but “week to week” by McD typically does infer that 

May have caught on to this subtly in McDermott sprache... 

Seems like day to day means could be back this week and play. Week to week is not playing this week...

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

My Dad is a retired orthopaedic surgeon. He occasionally treated UCL injuries. I showed him the video of the Valgus stress test and he felt based off of Josh’s reaction it’s most likely a grade 2 tear. Obviously not a new or different opinion but consistent with some of the reports we have come across already. 

Edited by TheStateofWarshingtun

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I’m not saying that whoever wrote up this summary from garafolo’s tv spot is wrong, but he didn’t actually say that on his tv spot and every other report says they just sending the mri to Andrews. It looks like the article was combination of garafolo’s spot and the other reports of the day, and that seems inconsistent with the rest. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not saying that whoever wrote up this summary from garafolo’s tv spot is wrong, but he didn’t actually say that on his tv spot and every other report says they just sending the mri to Andrews. 

Thank you for clarifying that.  All other reports did say that he was just looking at the MRI.

13 minutes ago, TheStateofWarshingtun said:

My Dad is a retired orthopaedic surgeon. He occasionally treated UCL injuries. I showed him the video of the Valgus stress test and he felt based off of Josh’s reaction it’s most likely a grade 2 tear. Obviously not a new or different opinion but consistent with some of the reports we have come across already. 

Also he feels likely it is grade 2 vs grade 3 because there can be more pain with a grade 2 tear due to the partial tears being pulled on during the Valgus stress test. Sometimes it’s not as painful during the stress test  for a grade 3 tear as the ligament is not being stretched as much due to its complete tear. 

22 minutes ago, TheStateofWarshingtun said:

Also he feels likely it is grade 2 vs grade 3 because there can be more pain with a grade 2 tear due to the partial tears being pulled on during the Valgus stress test. Sometimes it’s not as painful during the stress test  for a grade 3 tear as the ligament is not being stretched as much due to its complete tear. 

This may be answered upthread. How long does a grade 2 generally take to heal? Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

This may be answered upthread. How long does a grade 2 generally take to heal? Thanks.

Per the study I posted, which looked at QBs with UCL injuries: Grade 1 could be a week or two; Grade 2 could be anywhere from 3-6 weeks; Grade 3 usually 8-10 weeks