Josh Allen injury: “Week-to-Week” with elbow sprain; Returned to practice 11/2

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, LFC24 said:

The second Mcdermott/Beane are gone from this franchise the better off we are 

Until then this trainwreck is going to continue. .God i cannot wait until they are fired. 

Time for you to find another team.  They're not going anywhere.  

Why don't you wake up and look at the backup QB in the league and knock off your criticism of management who know a lot more than you do.  

Here are some rosters you can look at & see that around the league there are a lot of bad scenarios waiting to happen if their teams starters go down.  Most of the backups are other teams rejects taken off the scrap heap or guys who have virtually no real game experience:

Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, San Diego, Oakland (AJ was so bad in camp the Bills traded him), Dallas, NY Giants (their 2nd stringer is another Bills reject on his 9th team & their 3rd stringer is a mid round rookie) , Carolina, San Francisco (after JG injury), Seattle .  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, In Nate We Trust said:

Give him the rest he needs. He is the future of the Bills. Have 100 percent confidence Nate Peterman will keep the Bills in the Playoff Hunt. Win vs Indy will get things going. Even think a conservative offense with Peterman making safe passes combined with great D and good special teams gives them a shot against Pats on Monday Night Football.

Yeah let’s pretend none of us saw Sunday’s game

Serious question...if he needs surgery and it requires him to miss this year and next...how can we sit idley by and wait....that pushes his timeleine back another 1.5 years....for a qb that already needed time to develop....if we are sitting with a top 3 pick...i just dont know how you ignore the qb position...what a mess.

17 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

Terrible, but you can't mess with UCL. Next few weeks may determine if Bills need to consider drafting another QB in the early rounds of 2019 draft. 

Not good for JA and the Bills. Please sit him for the rest of the season and get 100% healthy... If his strong arm is compromised I dont know what kind of  QB he can be. 

It is unlikely he will need surgery. They are taking every possible precaution by sending the MRI to Dr. Andrew's but the most likely scenario is he sits for a month. Even if he sits the rest of the season that wouldn't be the worst thing for him.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

It is unlikely he will need surgery. They are taking every possible precaution by sending the MRI to Dr. Andrew's but the most likely scenario is he sits for a month. Even if he sits the rest of the season that wouldn't be the worst thing for him.

We absolutely do not know this at this point in time. 

It's too bad for Josh.  He really needed these games for his development.  The stark reality for the team, however, is that the offense can't be any worse with him out.  That's just fact.  The only worse thing wold be Peterman and/or Anderson giving up pick-6's every game.   But for moving the football through the air, and total yardage on O,  it will likely get better.

6 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

We absolutely do not know this at this point in time. 

Yes we do. The team doctors didn't find a tear in the MRI but they are sending it to another doctor to be safe. That's the crux of the this whole thing. If it's just a sprain he'll be out a month.

QBs available this coming offseason:

Derek Carr(trade)

CJ Beathard(trade)

Fitz

Nick Foles

Jacoby Brissett(trade)

Case Keenum

If Allen needs the surgery, I don't think they can go into year 3 trusting a rookie QB to lead a revamped offense, unless they get the 1st pick and take Justin Herbert, which I don't think that would hesitate doing.

So barring getting the 1st overall pick, you are probably looking at Carr, Foles, or Keenum.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Again this was the original report:

"Concern he will miss weeks." I like what pro football doc does but it seems to me is trying to get clicks by putting the worst case scenario on the table.

The interesting thing about the espn report is how late she was, but it’s being treated like huge news. McD said yesterday he was week to week, which is literally “concern he will miss weeks” and almost always that it is at least one week. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

But Marriota was only out two weeks

My understanding, which may be

off, is that mariota had a nerve issue in the area and not a tear or sprain of the ligament

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Two completely different sports. 

The throwing motion of throwing a baseball is more violent than that of throwing a football. Yes a sprain is a slight tear of the ligament. Just depends on what grade.(how severe the tear is)

Id be surprised if he got surgery, but you never know. 

Totally different sports, but if there’s any qb who throws with the violence of an mlb baseball pitcher, it is allen. It is what he brings to table. 

1 minute ago, McBean said:

If he needs surgery then what?

I haven’t been this depressed as a Bills fan in a very long time.

Everytime I think this team has hit rock bottom, they make a new low.

If he needs surgery, this front office will get to select another QB. Something that generally doesn't happen. 

9 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

QBs available this coming offseason:

Derek Carr(trade)

CJ Beathard(trade)

Fitz

Nick Foles

Jacoby Brissett(trade)

Case Keenum

If Allen needs the surgery, I don't think they can go into year 3 trusting a rookie QB to lead a revamped offense, unless they get the 1st pick and take Justin Herbert, which I don't think that would hesitate doing.

So barring getting the 1st overall pick, you are probably looking at Carr, Foles, or Keenum.

Derek Carr is not available for trade. Wtf.

Just now, HansLanda said:

If he needs surgery, this front office will get to select another QB. Something that generally doesn't happen. 

No, they won’t. Even if Allen missed the entire year this year, they would never select another QB.