Josh Allen injury: “Week-to-Week” with elbow sprain; Returned to practice 11/2

YoloinOhio

But the rookie quarterback will get a 

second opinion on an injury to the ulnar collateral ligament (UCL), Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports. The team will send an MRI to Dr. James Andrews. 

Dr. Leslie Bisson, who completed his fellowship under Dr. Andrews, is overseeing Allen’s treatment and therapy.

The Bills to do not want to rush Allen’s return, according to Mortensen, and instead want the injury to fully heal. Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota missed two starts with his elbow injury, which was UCL-related, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/15/josh-allen-seeking-second-opinion-on-his-injured-elbow/

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This at the end of the day ladies and gents, is why NP is going nowhere. The Bills simply have no additional bodies to start at QB. At a minimum he will be backing up DA. 

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well........if it's a partial tear it really won't ever heal.......and if you are Allen's agent you probably want him to get the surgery out of the way in those "team beneficial only" years.

Last thing you want is to nurse it for a couple years and have it pop during year 3 and miss a season and a half and enter free agency in year 5 as a recovering gimp.

33 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

This at the end of the day ladies and gents, is why NP is going nowhere. The Bills simply have no additional bodies to start at QB. At a minimum he will be backing up DA. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if they sign landry Jones and cut Peterman 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they sign landry Jones and cut Peterman 

The guy was serviceable at least for a number of years in Pittsburgh, so I wouldn’t hate them taking a flyer and see what he’s got to offer. A career 86.2 passer rating, so there’s that 

3 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The guy was serviceable at least for a number of years in Pittsburgh, so I wouldn’t hate them taking a flyer and see what he’s got to offer. A career 86.2 passer rating, so there’s that 

They had him in for a workout recently and I don’t consider him a “vet mentor” so I don’t think it was either him or DA. I think he could be brought in while Allen is on the shelf, but not until DA is up to speed. As bad as Peterman is, you can’t roll with two brand new QBs to the offense, protections, WRs, etc. I could see it happening next week.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They had him in for a workout recently and I don’t consider him a “vet mentor” so I don’t think it was either him or DA. I think he could be brought in while Allen is on the shelf, but not until DA is up to speed. As bad as Peterman is, you can’t roll with two brand new QBs to the offense, protections, WRs, etc. I could see it happening next week.

Agreed, and I can’t imagine DA will take much longer to at least know the basics, especially given he was in a Daboll system in 2009, although of course the verbiage will be completely different 

53 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Agreed, and I can’t imagine DA will take much longer to at least know the basics, especially given he was in a Daboll system in 2009, although of course the verbiage will be completely different 

With the predictability and simple garbage this offense is I'm sure Anderson has it down already.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

McBeane are two morons.

How they left the QB position like this is a fireable offense to both of them. 

I like a lot of their "process" in tilling the roster for future fertility, and often dislike your hardline takes, but...it's difficult to argue the QB point you make here. 

6 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not worth it. The humiliation playing Nathan Peterman for a full season will bring while he sets the NFL record for INT’s isn’t worth a spot or two of draft position. The best players in the upcoming draft play on the DL anyway. 

If Peterman tries to set an NFL interception record McDermott will lose the locker room all the way. I'm sure there's already a few raised eyebrows and wtf's swirling as it is in there.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Good lord. That doesn’t sound promising. The article basically states that if Allen wasn’t feeling better in a few hours than the elbow might never be the same. Please god no. This kid has all the makings of being great. Nothing like this is needed.

18 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This is just unbelievable.  It was only a matter of time with their negligent approach to protecting him.  Unreal.  Every time the Bills try to do something that flies in the face of conventional football wisdom, it blows up in their faces.  EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Dude, it's football. Injuries happen. Take a breath.

:rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1