Josh Allen injury: “Week-to-Week” with elbow sprain; Returned to practice 11/2

YoloinOhio

Just now, Warcodered said:

^^^^This

The only source I saw in that article was him watching the video. The length of injury he's referencing just isn't anywhere close to what McDermott said, he didn't even eliminate him from starting Sunday.

He was pretty close to the vest on all things QB today, with good reason. There’s a lot going on there. But the team is sending the MRI to Dr James Andrews and anytime you hear that name, not usually great

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was hoping this wasn't the issue but when he was on the sideline holding his upper forearm I got a sick feeling.........he got hit on his upper arm......he was bruised below his tricep.....he shouldn't have been holding that UCL area.

Bad news.....if he has a partial tear it could pop at any time and the timing might be such that it destroys two seasons for him in the future.

Good news......trusting the process pays off......McBean was prepared.....they just bought a cadaver with about the same sleeve length last week.

I'm no doctor but a still warm Carolina-quality UCL should shave a good 3-4 weeks off the recovery time.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nostradumbass said:

A distraction from WHAT??? grinding ouy 11 points a game? Please, please someone distract me from that 

Distraction from barber shops.

Do you really think Kapernick would do any better?  This isn't 2013 and he sucked in 2016.

The only time we have been able to watch real nfl football recently was when Orton played. That’s what Anderson can offer us. I would be thrilled to watch a Bills game and not just sit there thinking, how will we ever score? That’s not normal. Yet every game with this team it feels that way. Anderson is a guy that can actually use the WRs and run a replacement level nfl passing offense. The way every other team in the league already is capable of. This can be a blessing in disguise.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was pretty close to the vest on all things QB today, with good reason. There’s a lot going on there. But the team is sending the MRI to Dr James Andrews and anytime you hear that name, not usually great

Is that per a Bills source (McDermott) or how do we know that?

I hope they've also performed a musculoskeletal ultrasound

I have my own theory about what's going on but I don't see the point in adding to the speculation now

1 hour ago, LFC24 said:

looks a lot worse than Mariotas tbh. he was in serious pain on the sideline

i think he will be out 4-5 weeks. so much for developing our rookie QB. We all knew this was coming. Beane ignored the oline for 2 years and this is the result. 

This is the perfect time to develop him. Chance for him to learn from the bench and then come back in late in the season and have a go at it.

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The only time we have been able to watch real nfl football recently was when Orton played. That’s what Anderson can offer us. I would be thrilled to watch a Bills game and not just sit there thinking, how will we ever score? That’s not normal. Yet every game with this team it feels that way. Anderson is a guy that can actually use the WRs and run a replacement level nfl passing offense. The way every other team in the league already is capable of. This can be a blessing in disguise.

Totally agree. I yearn for the days of 200 yards passing and a semi competent offense 

20 minutes ago, Mike in Syracuse said:

If he were to go out and throw for 300 yards in his first couple of games no one would care.     The circus would be over.  

Kaepernick was brave enough to tell you how he feels about things.    If every NFL player did fans would hate half the league.

All that said, there's zero chance the Bills do that.

Kaep couldn't put up 300 yards in 2 games. We have enough meh quarterbacks now, we don't need another one who brings a circus with him. 

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Is that per a Bills source (McDermott) or how do we know that?

I hope they've also performed a musculoskeletal ultrasound

I have my own theory about what's going on but I don't see the point in adding to the speculation now

Rodak, Schefter et al... not sure of source. Report is the team does not believe it is “serious” but sending mri to Andrews to get his opinion 

interested in your theory 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Who's ready for one month of Derek Anderson?

I would actually rather watch Peterman........and Nate's presence on the field disgusts me.

Anderson's 2-17 for 23 yards stat line in arguably the worst NFL game ever played.......Browns 6 Bills 3........is without doubt the worst full game performance by any QB in the history of the stadium at Orchard Park........and now he is a Bills starting QB........and old with no upside or future.......and probably didn't even really want to play.    

I haven't even seen it yet and I can't unsee it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I would actually rather watch Peterman........and Nate's presence on the field disgusts me.

Anderson's 2-17 for 23 yards stat line in arguably the worst NFL game ever played.......Browns 6 Bills 3........is without doubt the worst full game performance by any QB in the history of the stadium at Orchard Park........and now he is a Bills starting QB........and old with no upside or future.......and probably didn't even really want to play.    

I haven't even seen it yet and I can't unsee it. 

He brings something to the table that no other unemployed QB (other than Matt Moore) can claim:  He used to play for the Carolina Panthers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, McBean said:

I’m sorry but give me Peterman all day over Anderson.

I want this to finally go up in flames. Give me the #1 overall pick instead of 6-10 with Derek Anderson who’s playing his last season of football.

Not worth it. The humiliation playing Nathan Peterman for a full season will bring while he sets the NFL record for INT’s isn’t worth a spot or two of draft position. The best players in the upcoming draft play on the DL anyway. 

30 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Is your theory promising or bad news?

Bad news I guess?   Since Yolo asked also I'll dish.

I think Allen was injured against Green Bay during one of his multitude of sacks and hits.  I think this is a re-hit to an existing injury, which are often worse.

Why I think that:

While I believe they genuinely wanted to focus on controlling the LOS and getting the run game going, I think the very low numbers of passes vs Tenn and Hou was because they were trying to play Allen through an injury that left him functional, and had him on a "pitch count". 

I think a number of other things point towards an Allen injury after GB:

-The sudden decision to pursue and sign Anderson (why now, and not before? Allen has needed a vet mentor next to him since before Week 1)

-Benjamin's comment about Josh Allen going in earlier than the rest of the team for "his routine" (what takes more time?  pain injections maybe?)

It's just my theory and might be totally whack though

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Bad news I guess?  I think Allen was injured against Green Bay during one of his multitude of sacks and hits.  I think this is a re-hit to an existing injury, which are often worse.

Why I think that:

While I believe they genuinely wanted to focus on controlling the LOS and getting the run game going, I think the very low numbers of passes vs Tenn and Hou was because they were trying to play Allen through an injury that left him functional, and had him on a "pitch count". 

I think a number of other things point that way:

-The sudden decision to sign Anderson (why now, and not before? Allen has needed a vet mentor next to him since before Week 1)

-Benjamin's comment about Josh Allen going in earlier than the rest of the team for "his routine" (what takes more time?  pain injections maybe?)

It's just my theory and might be totally whack though

Astute observation.  Allen was shaking his right arm in the Green Bay game, if I recall correctly.  You could be right on with this.

The Bills have done such a remarkably poor job managing the QB situation this year, there should be a "how not to" manual written about it with them as Case 'A'.