Josh Allen injury: “Week-to-Week” with elbow sprain; Returned to practice 11/2

YoloinOhio

I expect Allen to be out at least this week and Anderson to be the starter come Sunday. No reason to put the rookie in harm's way a week after taking that shot, even if the MRI comes back clean. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Really? I thought Allen looked pretty good today for a rookie. He has exactly zero help from his receivers right now. He started making some really good throws right before he got injured. It's a shame he had to sit the rest of the game.

Every time he made a good throw down the field it got penalized.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

Every time he made a good throw down the field it got penalized.

Yeah, DiMarco negated JA's lone bomb on the night, lining up in the wrong spot. His alignment had zero effect on the play. Zero.

Z-E-R-O

But we cannot allow the Bills to have anything good happen on offense, now, can we? I mean, that would be a travesty! All the haters would have to eat crow! There's just not enough crow to go around, folks!

And think of the pundits... The pundits would have to admit that they're wrong, and they don't know how to do that. They would need to be re-educated. I mean, just imagine the fiscal burden on our public education system, having to send every last reporter back to school, kindergarten through college? It would bankrupt the nation...

And you cannot blame the refs. I mean, they just did a good job of keeping their Vegas-based, back-scratching buds in the black, that's all. Nothing to see here... :ph34r:

In the 90's they kept us from winning the Superbowl. Today, they are gunning for every Josh Allen pass over 5 yards.

I want to Billeve...

28 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

"...as the team will take no chances..."

Is this an intentional indication that the X-ray and signs after the game look like it was pretty minor and that Allen right now is expected to be back next week, barring something popping up unexpectedly on the MRI?

I think so, given the fact that he never even went to the locker room. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I think so, given the fact that he never even went to the locker room. 

Good God I hope so.

I'm still in the serious minority in thinking this team can still make some noise this year and sneak into the playoffs again, but Allen being on the field and learning progressively while playing with Anderson constantly in his ear is the most important thing to this year, I believe... win or lose.

Anderson sure as hell won't be ready after less than 2 weeks of basically coming out of retirement and I can't take another laugher with Peterman at the helm... sickens me he's still on the team.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yes everything set up perfectly for McD and Company to Put Allen back on the Bench and go with Derek Anderson. Yippie. 

Will not watch another game this year if that is the case 

Following Allen's development is pretty much the only reason to watch.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah, but that high probability is only because they’re doing the MRI on his spleen. ? 

Any updates on this?  Or guess it’s a little early on the East coast...

• Haha (+1) 1

Just start the Journeyman QB and keep Peterman as the #2 until the Monday Night Game against the Pats.  A healthy Allen for the Monday Night game is probably a little more important than putting a less than 100 percent guy out there for the colts.

42 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Right - but we can still get our rookie QB experience (or determine if he'll ever develop). Putting Anderson in accomplishes nothing and gets us nowhere.

I think letting him sit for a couple of weeks could help more than going out there and making the same mistakes repeatedly.  For everyone gushing over Mahomes, he played one game last season, so sitting can work.  I think the original plan was for Allen to sit, but he looked as good as the other two.  That was the big problem AJM never played up to expectations.

• Like (+1) 1